• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I only watched the Europe Nintendo Direct.

False advertisement it is.. I'm so sorry <( ; - ; )>

#22 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Don't forget post launch as well this happened. Around Ocarina of time (before the major price drop was even heard of) the 3DS was dropped to £190, because the retailers became money hungry and wanted to make profit off every single early adopter which they did but they did more harm to Nintendo and potentially themselves by pricing as high as £230.

£246 is the trade price for the Premium bundle. £204 is the trade price for the basic bundle so, this is going to be very interesting.

Cheapest I've seen so far is £255 for the premium bundle... which appears to have gone now. :(
And Tekken: TT2 for £28!! http://www.zavvi.com/10481350.html
Bring the noise.

#23 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

This thread should be renamed "UK Wii U Bundles"

#24 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Don't forget post launch as well this happened. Around Ocarina of time (before the major price drop was even heard of) the 3DS was dropped to £190, because the retailers became money hungry and wanted to make profit off every single early adopter which they did but they did more harm to Nintendo and potentially themselves by pricing as high as £230.

£246 is the trade price for the Premium bundle. £204 is the trade price for the basic bundle so, this is going to be very interesting.

When I was involved in buying computer and console hardware a few years ago the standard trade price was that quoted for buying one unit. There was usually a better price for buying multiple units and big companies like Tesco for example wouldn't deal with wholesalers but would deal with lets say Nintendo themselves and get a much better price. They would eliminate the wholesaler margin by simply buying hundreds or maybe thousands of units in one order.

Just making the point there is unlikely to be a set trade price for every customer. The bigger the customer the lower the price. If that £204 doesn't include VAT then you effectively have a price to the retailer of £245 with only £5 profit if they are selling at £249.99. I don't think that is realistic. £5 profit is nothing and could be absorbed by delivery costs if the retailer offers free delivery. £204 including VAT would be more realistic allowing some movement on price to perhaps £229.99.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!