Photo

Basic Bundle Worth It?/Anyone getting it?

Wii U white basic bundle

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

I've seen a lot of people say how they're definitely getting the Premium because it's black, and even a few people mentioning they're switching from white to black just because of the Premium bundle. I'm wondering if anyone's sticking with basic?

Yes, I admit this is a thinly veiled "Which should I get?" thread haha. Even though I'm genuinely interested about how well it'll do. I'm just stuck because I prefer white and although I don't care too much about NL, the premium online, or the stands on their own, everything put together for just 50 is a bit tempting.
Posted Image

#2 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Do you have a spare $50? That's just the question. I just see the Premium as a no brainer.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 14 September 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#3 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Personally, I just see the Premium bundle as a better buy. Color means nothing to me.

I dislike blue.

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

I guess it depends... im sure there will be plenty of people who don't care about color or Nintendo Land
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

I wanted the white one, but I guess I'll have to suck it up.
The thing about the premium bundle is that you get a lot more value for your money. For $50, you get a (probably) $60 game, 24 extra gigabytes of flash memory, a charge cradle, and discounts on eShop titles.*

*If you buy more than 8 games, you really end up saving money.

Edited by Jakester897, 14 September 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Do you have a spare $50? That's just the question. I just see the Premium as a no brainer.

Yeah it's really looking that way for a lot of people. I'm just questioning if it's worth it in the end in my case. I'm not sure what I'll feel Nintendo Land will be worth. A 30minute game then put away forever? Or is it actually fun like a few members suggested?
Added to the fact that I probably won't buy eShop games and it can prob only hold 1 or 2 retail ones without an external HD, the bonuses for Premium are going to be minimal.
But as you said, the $50 may be worth it.

Personally, I just see the Premium bundle as a better buy. Color means nothing to me.
I dislike blue.

Same answer as above for the first part. But yeah color doesn't mean much to me but I personally prefer white.

Edited by Ixchel, 14 September 2012 - 11:35 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

POPULAR

Premium is worth the money. If you plan on buying Nintendo Land, then you save $10 alone, plus you get some other stuff thrown in.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Premium is worth the money. If you plan on buying Nintendo Land, then you save $10 alone, plus you get some other stuff thrown in.

The premium online service alone is worth it...Especially if you will be downloading games.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sims, Pokemon, Little Big Planet

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, the deluxe bundle is worth the money. Color doesn't matter to me either (yet it sucks you are forced to have a certain one depending on which bundle you get), and what I got from his words at the conference is the regular one only has like 8 GB of memory and not extendable at all. Yeah, some people has their own HDMI and doesn't care about the stands and stuff, Nintendo Land, but it is not really that much more for 4 times the memory, extendable too, the extra stuff you may end up getting anyways, an extra $60 game, and that points system.

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

As it is I'm leaning towards the Premium bundle or waiting for Pikmin 3 to be released. :P
Still interested in what people think and if we'll be seeing Basic selling last or maybe even staying on shelves for a while.

Edit:

(yet it sucks you are forced to have a certain one depending on which bundle you get), and what I got from his words at the conference is the regular one only has like 8 GB of memory and not extendable at all.

Huh? I assumed both will have extendable memory. And I agree it sucks. :P Too bad they couldn't waste money on 4 bundles ha.

Edited by Ixchel, 14 September 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

As it is I'm leaning towards the Premium bundle or waiting for Pikmin 3 to be released. :P
Still interested in what people think and if we'll be seeing Basic selling last or maybe even staying on shelves for a while.

I think that depends on availability. If people really want a Wii U and deluxe bundles are gone until the holidays or longer...they will take the basic. It was the same way with the 360 launch
Posted Image

#12 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Well idk...these ain't Reggie's exact words, but I'll just recite it the best I can from what I got.

*He introduces and said all what there was about the basic bundle*

then he was like, "With the deluxe edition, 32 GB plus, you get extendable memory, you can use a USB drive or a hard drive"

(Again, not his exact words, but he didn't mention extendable memory until he mentioned the deluxe version) I can be wrong though.

#13 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

I think that depends on availability. If people really want a Wii U and deluxe bundles are gone until the holidays or longer...they will take the basic. It was the same way with the 360 launch

Yeah but with all the general "doom and gloom" and "casuals are happy with their phones and tablets" talk, I'm sort of curious how well it holds up in the end. :)
Posted Image

#14 skiesfallsdown

skiesfallsdown

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

I WIsh I could get the premium but with the white Wii U. Sadly where I live won't be the premium bundle...
I'd have to import it and probably I will

#15 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

I may want to pre-order another Premium bundle just to put on eBay this Christmas.

#16 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

I may want to pre-order another Premium bundle just to put on eBay this Christmas.

You make me sick D...lol
Posted Image

#17 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Sorta mean. :P
Posted Image

#18 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Deluxe Edition is wayyy more worth it! You're actually saving money.

Posted Image

#19 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Nothing wrong witih making you a bit of money possibly...people pay how much they want, like if they keep bidding, then they are willing to pay that price. I want to pre-order another just in case demand does overceed supply and Gamestop may screw me out of one, but it seems like since this is ALMOST a simultaneous worldwide release, and released for Black Friday in the US, then there may be plenty of supply.

#20 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nothing wrong witih making you a bit of money possibly...people pay how much they want, like if they keep bidding, then they are willing to pay that price. I want to pre-order another just in case demand does overceed supply and Gamestop may screw me out of one, but it seems like since this is ALMOST a simultaneous worldwide release, and released for Black Friday in the US, then there may be plenty of supply.

Yeah but I just think that person is missing out on getting it before the holidays for the real price and may end up having to bid for it or wait. I just wouldn't want that happening to me so I wouldn't do it to someone else. xD Not really too bad though for a quick way to make cash.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!