Photo

Basic Bundle Worth It?/Anyone getting it?

Wii U white basic bundle

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

You make me sick D...lol

LOL! I don't even have the money to do it. I just wanted to see if I'd be called any nasty names. :-)

#22 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

depends if I can persuade my dad to spend the extra money.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#23 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

LOL! I don't even have the money to do it. I just wanted to see if I'd be called any nasty names. :-)

haha...you crack me up D ! If your going to make money...wait in line over night and when someone offers you a $100 to take your spot.....put it towards picking up your pre-order :D
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#24 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

By how GS is acting, I wonder if it'll be purchasable by preorder only. I guess it depends on the stock they get and if they have more than the preorder amount+employees. lol
Posted Image

#25 Death Inspired

Death Inspired

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Fandom:
    Most notably, Pokemon, Zelda and Mario.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Well, I personally think the basic won't make too bad of a fight. Afterall, many complain about not wanting to pay all that $350, sure they get a nice bonus for just $50 but they complain. They don't want to pay more, they don't want the stands, they could care less about NL cause it's stupid and their complaints go on. They will buy the Basic, cause they suck.

Another group that will take the basic are 'not-in-the-know' parents. They'll see a cheaper one, say it's the same thing and buy it. Child also 'not-in-the-know' will have oodles of fun with that. Child that IS 'in-the-know' will complain about "That's not the one I wanted! I wanted the black one! Now I'll have to buy a hard-drive/USB to get more memory space. And then I'll have to buy the stands cause I wanted them....."

And then you also would have those who want the black one but they are REALLY tight on money and aren't even gonna download and they want it at launch etc. They'll also settle for the Basic, huge minority maybe but those do exist.

So, that's why I think the basic will do just fine, not awesomely, but fine.

#26 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

Well, I personally think the basic won't make too bad of a fight. Afterall, many complain about not wanting to pay all that $350, sure they get a nice bonus for just $50 but they complain. They don't want to pay more, they don't want the stands, they could care less about NL cause it's stupid and their complaints go on. They will buy the Basic, cause they suck.

Umwat. You give legit reasons then say they will get basic cause they suck?
Posted Image

#27 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

SO WORTH THE PREMIUM BUT BETTER HURRY!!!!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#28 Death Inspired

Death Inspired

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Umwat. You give legit reasons then say they will get basic cause they suck?

Lol sorry bout that, read some statement from some girl and I think that got in the way there. Basically I meant "Those who complain and buy the basic for all the complaints in the world reasons suck." Let me shorten the sentence to the key (of my opinion): People who complain about all sorts of nonsense for abnormal reasons suck.

Is that understandable? Don't know how else to put it but I wasn't calling "Basic Buyers" suckers.

#29 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Lol sorry bout that, read some statement from some girl and I think that got in the way there. Basically I meant "Those who complain and buy the basic for all the complaints in the world reasons suck." Let me shorten the sentence to the key (of my opinion): People who complain about all sorts of nonsense for abnormal reasons suck.

Is that understandable? Don't know how else to put it but I wasn't calling "Basic Buyers" suckers.

Oh, yeah that makes a lot of sense.
'Cause I'm one of those people who are unsure if Nintendo Land is a good game, doesn't care about stands, and is unsure if I'll even be purchasing many games online during the first year or two. So I'm really on the fence between "save money" and "spend a bit more and get more than you paid for" haha.
(Although with all this "premium is going to be limited" talk I may as well end up with basic like it or not. :P)
Posted Image

#30 Death Inspired

Death Inspired

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

(Although with all this "premium is going to be limited" talk I may as well end up with basic like it or not. :P)

Lol I get ya, good thing where I'm from most people won't hound the stores for the system ^-^ (close-minded people <.<' I benefit from that though, sometimes)

#31 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Why can't the basic bundle be black...Jeez.

#32 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'm curious if you have to have the Premium system to get the digital points and % off?

#33 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm curious if you have to have the Premium system to get the digital points and % off?

Pretty sure Nintendo will try to sell Premium online to as many as possible lol.
Posted Image

#34 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Pretty sure Nintendo will try to sell Premium online to as many as possible lol.

I think this says no.

http://www.1up.com/news/bill-trinen-interview-eshop-miiverse-wii-u-online?pager.offset=1

Edited by dUstin, 14 September 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#35 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Can someone clarify, are both systems capable of expanding on memory or just the deluxe? I have one of each pre-ordered, but honestly Nintendoland looks like carp at the moment. I don't need a stand or charger dock and don't plan to purchase much digital content. But if I can't expand the basic one and I'm capped at 8GB, I'll obviously keep my pre-order for the deluxe one. Otherwise, I might use the $50 on ZombieU or the pro controller instead.

#36 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Can someone clarify, are both systems capable of expanding on memory or just the deluxe? I have one of each pre-ordered, but honestly Nintendoland looks like carp at the moment. I don't need a stand or charger dock and don't plan to purchase much digital content. But if I can't expand the basic one and I'm capped at 8GB, I'll obviously keep my pre-order for the deluxe one. Otherwise, I might use the $50 on ZombieU or the pro controller instead.

Both models are compatible with SD/SDHC cards, and USB HDDs up to 3TB (and I think I read something about USB flash drives also being compatible).
Posted Image

#37 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Both models are compatible with SD/SDHC cards, and USB HDDs up to 3TB (and I think I read something about USB flash drives also being compatible).

Thank you.

Another group that will take the basic are 'not-in-the-know' parents. They'll see a cheaper one, say it's the same thing and buy it. Child also 'not-in-the-know' will have oodles of fun with that. Child that IS 'in-the-know' will complain about "That's not the one I wanted! I wanted the black one! Now I'll have to buy a hard-drive/USB to get more memory space. And then I'll have to buy the stands cause I wanted them....."

And then you also would have those who want the black one but they are REALLY tight on money and aren't even gonna download and they want it at launch etc. They'll also settle for the Basic, huge minority maybe but those do exist.

So, that's why I think the basic will do just fine, not awesomely, but fine.

I actually think the not "in the know" parents would be more likely to buy the deluxe given the choice since they'll at least see that it comes with a game, and all the other games will be $60. I think even soccer moms would know by now to find out if the system they're giving to their kid comes with a game or not.

#38 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Seeing as how I don't care much for Nintendo Land and the color, and being able to use external memory on the Wii U, the basic bundle works for me.

#39 July

July

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

I think buying the Premium Bundle is worth it. For extra space of course

#40 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

I only like the basic bundle cause its white and i want white.
But sadly, Deluxe is not white so i haz to get black :c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!