#21 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I don't know anymore. Reggie said no FC. Iwata said a revised version of FC. I just do not know. I'm hoping a system that incorporates the 3DS profiles...

Media twisted it. That "revised version of FC" is nothing else than the Gamer tag. Think of it. A gamertag is a friend code with letters that make a name or a word. Thats it. They just wont call it a Gamertag, that's why he said "revised version of FC".
Posted Image

#22 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Media twisted it. That "revised version of FC" is nothing else than the Gamer tag. Think of it. A gamertag is a friend code with letters that make a name or a word. Thats it. They just wont call it a Gamertag, that's why he said "revised version of FC".

I would be inclined to think this as well, except the quote was more like "we're not completely getting rid of friend codes". This leaves interpretation up in the air.

#23 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

I'm just gonna copy what I posted on the Wii U blog a few days back.

I still say what they should do is both allow you to make a unique User-name, and assign you a friend-code. You have the option of adding people both by sending a friend request, and by the 3DS method of putting in a universal friend-code. Then, under parental controls, there can be an option that limits it to only the friend-code method for adding and being added. That way we can have what we want, and they can still feel like they're protecting the younger audience.
Posted Image

#24 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

I'm just gonna copy what I posted on the Wii U blog a few days back.

I still say what they should do is both allow you to make a unique User-name, and assign you a friend-code. You have the option off adding people both by sending a friend request, and by the 3DS method of putting in a universal friend-code. Then, under parental controls, there can be an option that limits it to only the friend-code method for adding and being added. That way we can have what we want, and they can still feel like they're protecting the younger audience.

Oh wow, this sounds like a great idea.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if maybe this is what they are aiming for, something of this realm? This really is such a great idea though..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!