35 replies to this topic

#1 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

The Psvita is a commercial failure and lacks games. I honestly think it'll be discontinued in Mid 2014 at the earliest mid 2016 at the latest.

#2 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

Is a great system with the lack of killer games but I think the future of the PSVita is bright, maybe not like the 3DS but with Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, Call of Duty and other games the PSvita can have better sales. The problem is the price, the price is good but for example I don't have a PS3 or PSvita, Sony is going to launch the Super Slim PS3 with a price of 250 U.S dollars and it comes with memory. What console I going to choose? I think is obvious the people want more the PS3 than the PSVita and both systems with the same price.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

I really hope they don't discontinue it, and doubt they will. I have a feeling Sony won't give up on this thing without a fight.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

It has potential, but I don't see Liberation doing well as it's releasing the same day as a better game of the same franchise that's gonna have a crap ton of DLC. COD looks awful, no one sane is gonna buy that horrible version of, once again, a game that's coming out the same day on other platforms, even better. Cross buy are the only great games Vita has going for it, but no one's gonna spend 300 bucks for three games you can buy on a PS3. Other then the launch games, and MAYBE soul sacrifice and Gravity Rush, none of which look appealing to me. We'll see what happens though. The 3DS is far more appealing on all accounts, and I haven't even got one of them yet.

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Sony shouldn't focus on so much power in a handheld. Leave it to the consoles for that.

Posted Image

#6 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

This is where Sony REALLY needs to imitate Nintendo: price cut their handheld.

Sony is really stubborn about their pricing, which is exactly why they will never win against Nintendo 1v1. Like Dragonborn mentioned, Sony focuses so much on power and believe it reasonable to tag an expensive price point because of it. Seriously, Blu-Ray on a gaming console? At this rate, PS4's release is going to be a nightmare, so the Mayan Apocalypse might as well happen before that.

The Vita is awesome, but I'll never pay that much money for a system that lacks support. I don't usually invest in handhelds, but the 3DS is looking extremely good right now...

You'd think the Vita would have lots of games. It has such a great concept, good graphical engine, and a slick design, but even developers realize the price point is a negative. It's too close to the price of the company's console. People will always go for the console first when it comes to pricing priority. Releasing the Super Slim did more harm than good. Sony tried to combat the Wii U the lazy way and failed.

Then again, Nintendo's action to release the Wii U now was advantageous, so of course their opponent's felt they had to prepare counter measures.

I swear if Sony price cuts the PS3, I WILL BUY ONE ALONGSIDE THE WII U. But it's not going to happen. Nintendo will be having a happy Christmas with me and many other fans supporting them.

#7 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

A bunch of text was here.

Sony can't cut back on the price. It'll hurt them if they do. This is an expensive system for a reason.

---

I think the advice Nintendo gave for the Vita was spot on.. There simply isn't enough hardware to make people want the system. It's a gorgeous system without a doubt, and I'm sure if they had the support, they would destroy the 3DS, but they simply haven't had it. I want to get one.. I hope they do PS3 bundles, I might pick one up though something along those lines. That being said, you're a silly goose for thinking it'll be discontinued. If Holiday sales are disgustingly horrific, then I might agree with you, but I just don't see it happening.

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:02 AM

I reckon it'll discontinue once it's successor arrives. Also, I want to see Auzzie's response to this...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 JakeyFlower

JakeyFlower

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    My Little Pony, Pokemon, Sea Princess's

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

dont be hatin

the games are coming out during christmas, including call of duty

i have one my self and love it, an love every game i have for it

$200 is not expensive, i paid $250 for 3ds so...

Edited by JakeyFlower, 27 September 2012 - 02:13 AM.

#10 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

Sony won't discontinue the Vita. They never discontinued the PSP, and that had some seriously dodgy times. Sony are actually very good at pushing console sales.
Bring the noise.

#11 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

They definitely need to pay more attention to it.
E3 was great for it. Really helped push sales with all the coverage it got.

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

dont be hatin

the games are coming out during christmas, including call of duty

i have one my self and love it, an love every game i have for it

$200 is not expensive, i paid $250 for 3ds so...

#1: It's $250.
#2: The Memory card that you have to have but isn't included starts at $20-25. The one that's more worth your while is $40-45.
#3: Including taxes, that makes the Vita over $300 before games, and the good games are $40-50.

The above is the Vita's one of its major stumbling blocks. The system itself isn't expensive, it's the absolutely not good cost of the memory cards that's scaring people away from owning the system. The price of the memory cards are what Sony needs to cut drastically, not price of the system. Or maybe it is the system too. After all, the 3DS technically sold "bad" (even though the Vita is doing only about 1/3rd of the sales that the 3DS was doing then...) at $250, and that was a Nintendo device. Maybe $250+ is just too much for most people to drop on a handheld system anyways, irregardless of games, or brand.

The other stumbling block is that the Vita is in its own never-ending circle of misery. It needs sales to get developers interested in making games for it, but it needs games to get sales. Most developers are way too frightened to spend the money and time developing a game for a system that, as it is, sells horribly.

I know quite a few people are going to go "WELL WUT ABOUT SOUL SACRIFICE AND TEARAWAY HARHARHAR IDIOT" but I haven't forgotten those. Neither of those or 90% of the other games coming out for it are console sellers to the mass market.

Do I want a Vita? Sure. Am I going to get one in the near future? If the near future means within the next one to two years, then yes. But as it is right now, I'm wholly occupied with upcoming 3DS, Wii, Wii U savings, and PS3 games. Chao. :V

For the record, I really wanted to say "Hi Nintendo3DS" (the user) but decided against it cause that would be mean and probably spark some flamage. :X

Edited by GameCollector, 27 September 2012 - 07:16 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hmmm. It could get a sales rise this Christmas but if it doesn't it will only last another year. Then I don't think Sony will make another handheld for a while.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#14 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

I doubt the Vita will be discontinued. It's not been a huge success so far, but it hasn't been a complete flop either and it still has plenty of time to become a successful handheld. I hope it isn't discontinued, because I would quite like to get one someday.

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

I sold my Vita after I beat Gravity Rush. Garbage game line up. If you look at Handheld games VS console games.. Handheld systems attract much different demographics and games.. Sony is taking the console approach to the Vita with console style games...that also happen to suck....Vita is Vital for Sony's survival... I can see them sinking with it if it continues to fall. I love the system... but it needs games.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Sony can't cut back on the price. It'll hurt them if they do. This is an expensive system for a reason.

I thought I was clear on that?

#17 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

I sold my Vita after I beat Gravity Rush. Garbage game line up. If you look at Handheld games VS console games.. Handheld systems attract much different demographics and games.. Sony is taking the console approach to the Vita with console style games...that also happen to suck....Vita is Vital for Sony's survival... I can see them sinking with it if it continues to fall. I love the system... but it needs games.

I'm so glad you mentioned this, as I usually argue about it. It makes no sense to me why anyone wants to try a console game for a handheld. This would be an interesting topic for a holiday season sales debate... *nudge nudge*

I thought I was clear on that?

You weren't, actually. But now that I know, I feel like a fool!

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'm so glad you mentioned this, as I usually argue about it. It makes no sense to me why anyone wants to try a console game for a handheld. This would be an interesting topic for a holiday season sales debate... *nudge nudge*

Lol No need to nudge twice! Done and done!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

dont they will discontinue the system as it is not the type of thing sony's does but i do see vita failing on its own by 2013 it such a shame to.

#20 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

i think it would be better if the discontinue year was early 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!