31 replies to this topic

#21 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

The Wii U doesn't even show a comparable leap in graphics yet, indicating it won't be a true powerhouse or something. But then again, we know nothing................

Yes we dont know anything truly. But i still argue that the wii u and strong and will pass the ps3 and xbox360.
Even tho right now they look the same. They still have more to come. Vs the ps3 and xbox360 which have flat line and wont get much better.

But time will tell. I give it a year for us to see the fullness of it. But then also it comes down to the devs.
If they start off with a ps3 or xbox 360 game they know the code its easy, but the wii u is different so they must get good at it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

Without saying? I think the Xbox was even more powerful than the Wii is. This shows that Nintendo is capable of anything and is likely to surprise us, whether it's in a positive way or not.

http://screenshots.t.../472/Halo-2/p1/
http://www.cubed3.com/review/975

I disagree.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Without saying? I think the Xbox was even more powerful than the Wii is. This shows that Nintendo is capable of anything and is likely to surprise us, whether it's in a positive way or not.

While Xbox 360 launch games indeed looked like late Xbox games and not much more, some of them show a clear improvement over the previous generation. Random comparison: COD 1 vs. COD 2

The Wii U doesn't even show a comparable leap in graphics yet, indicating it won't be a true powerhouse or something. But then again, we know nothing.

Edit: sigh, the pictures don't work. Posting links doesn't work, and the image tag doesn't work.

Your comparisons dont work, and no, i dont mean the images. First off Cod 1 never made it to consoles, until 2009 when cod classic hit psn/xbla.....and the pc version of cod1 kinda makes cod 2 360 look bad. So what bottom barrel cod spinoff are you using as a comparison? finest hour? br1?

And second off, cod2 looked like doo doo, and landed activision a court case for false advertising because their commercials were nothing but cg, and when people saw the real game they went wtf.

Third off cod 2 never made it to xbox ps2 or cube, the inferior spinoff title, made by a different team, treyarch (back when gamers understood the difference between the good cod's, abd treyarchs garbage), cod 2: the big red 1 is what ended up on the consoles.

So you dont have a single game to compare for the cod franchise, which consoles never got anything but low budget spin offs until the 360/ps3 gen (and it should have stayed that way, leaving the pc turned this once proud, authentic series into hollywood bullcrap.)

Probably the best looking launch game for 360 is kameo, and now that the og xbox versions been leaked, we find out the games are identical except resolution (same character models, geometry, texxtures and shaders).

Edited by 3Dude, 16 October 2012 - 08:12 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

The arguments won't change.

Graphical quality most certainly will.

Especially when the wii u thus far is only showing:

1) graphics ported over from old consoles
2) unambitious graphics (Mario)
3) last minute changes (zombi u)

Like the 360, the wii u will probably require a full year after launch to show what it's capable of.

Around the time the others launch, and the Wii U graphics look slightly better then the Xbox 720. lol okay that is best case ... haha
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#25 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

What I made just now: Posted Image

Edited by Keanu Reeves, 16 October 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#26 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

^Is the top right picture in-game? Because the others are. What is the lower left game? The lighting and gunfire look amazing. But I get your point: in time, most games will look a lot better.

http://screenshots.t.../472/Halo-2/p1/
http://www.cubed3.com/review/975

I disagree.

Oh I see. I just read that somewhere.
No sig.

#27 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

^Is the top right picture in-game? Because the others are. What is the lower left game? The lighting and gunfire look amazing. But I get your point: in time, most games will look a lot better.

Oh I see. I just read that somewhere.

The bottom left is Crysis 3 the top right is a cutscene from God of War which is not a Wii U game.

#28 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

The bottom left is Crysis 3 the top right is a cutscene from God of War which is not a Wii U game.

Could have known it was Crysis. But is it a console screenshot? Looks more like a pc screen to me, I doubt the X360 can handle that.
No sig.

#29 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

The Wii U doesn't even show a comparable leap in graphics yet, indicating it won't be a true powerhouse or something. But then again, we know nothing.

To be honest, the tech demos were a clear improvement over PS360 games.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#30 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

To be honest, the tech demos were a clear improvement over PS360 games.

The Zelda demo yes, unless the screenshot posted above was indeed a console screenshot (which I still doubt) then it's only a minor leap, but comparing it to, say, BF3 console version, it's indeed a notable leap (though I've only played it once, and most screenshots I've seen are PC). But the Bird demo showed some effects that I think aren't possible on PS30, so it's obvious there's at least some sort of leap.
No sig.

#31 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

The Zelda demo yes, unless the screenshot posted above was indeed a console screenshot (which I still doubt) then it's only a minor leap, but comparing it to, say, BF3 console version, it's indeed a notable leap (though I've only played it once, and most screenshots I've seen are PC). But the Bird demo showed some effects that I think aren't possible on PS30, so it's obvious there's at least some sort of leap.

I'd say 3-4x more powerful than the PS3. It will do just fine. :)

Posted Image

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Wii U's graphics will be amazing, nuff said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!