#21 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

Dang. And I was going to get it at launch. I guess this will give them more time to polish it. :)

Posted Image

#22 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

This is actually a good delay for my wallet this fall. I'm definately gonna get the biggest first party game at launch, batman ac (I held out for Wii U), and either darksiders 2 or assassins creed 3. Aliens is a must buy for me if its any good, I love the Alien franchise. Hopefully is will be as blissful for the Alien in me as Ghostbusters for PS3 was for the Ghostbuster in me.

#23 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Awesome trailer and remember what Miyamoto say's "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
Posted Image

#24 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thats a terrible release date just after christmas when people are more focused on paying off debts built up over the christmas period. I know it can't be helped but it really needed to be before christmas. Hopefully being such a major franchise and big game it will do ok but it will certainly take a hit in overall sales because of this.

Game looks fantastic.

#25 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

Thats a terrible release date just after christmas when people are more focused on paying off debts built up over the christmas period. I know it can't be helped but it really needed to be before christmas. Hopefully being such a major franchise and big game it will do ok but it will certainly take a hit in overall sales because of this.

Game looks fantastic.

I think Bioshock: Infinite is releasing around the same time, so some developers must think it means not as much competition with Blops 2 and other AAA games.
Posted Image

#26 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hmmm, looks like my only launch title will be Pikmin 3 and NSMB and maybe Darksiders II then. Damn...
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#27 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Oddly enough I feel like playing a shooter.
Posted Image

#28 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

It's indeed painful for the most aniticpated game for the Wii U being pushed back to February 2013, but it's all good. When I get the U this holiday season, I'll be saving up all my cash to get this game and a second uPad.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#29 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

yea i read about this earlier on kotaku. Sheesh this sucks as i'm sure this will be one of the very few early third party games that will show how different the Wii u is from the last generation (even when its a port)

#30 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Well we will not see Wii U footage of the game at E3 http://www.nintendow....com/news/30218

Also wouldn't Gearbox other game Borderlands 2 releasing this year so they would have had two of there own games compete with each other for the holiday rush.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#31 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Final wii u specs are much better than what gearbox was working with originally.

That's what switched them from calling the wii u "an interesting bridge to the next generation" to "very, very powerful" and "true next generation console"

With that in mind, they no doubt need a bit more time to redesign higher resolution textures, increase the polygonal complexity of environment, object, and character models, as well as polish up the new controller ideas.

It's a lot of work.

They could have just ported the same game and bumped it to true HD and had it marginally better than current consoles, but it seems they are genuinely excited about development now and want to at least allow the wii u to show their game a bit better.

As it is, I don't believe any of the launch games will show off nearly what the system is capable of.

The devs haven't had enough time with final specs.

And ported games will have already been made for lesser consoles. So the devs can just raise the resolution, add some neat controller enhancements, and make some easy money. At least the lame ones. *ahem...darksiders2...ahem*

But next year and following, wii u owners will significantly appreciate the investment they made.

You won't see the best graphics in the world from Nintendo just yet.

Nintendo graphics always pale in comparison to the best third parties. But third parties need to be interested in a system to really push it. The wii u seems to be striving toward that goal.

I'm guessing we will see some amazing tech demos at E3 followed by some awesome, but not "blow your mind" game reveals.

The "blow your mind" stuff will come next year.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 26 May 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#32 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Mario Kart, F-Zero

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Watching the video, that's the first time I actually got excited about that game. Wasn't expecting much from it, 'til now.

...Nice B)

it could really be a good contender this and next year!!!!!
The Master of All Birds!!!!!

#33 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Certain consoles are easy to develop for and others are not. For example the original xbox and xbox 360 are very easy to develop for. PS2 and PS3 are nightmares that took a long time to master. My understanding is the wii U should be as easy to develop for as the 360. The wii U should be performing very well day one and I think I've aready read a few reports that its very easy to develop for and get things running on it. Its powerpc cpu and ati/amd gpu developers are going to be familar with.

I think the real trouble with the wii U is going to be many wii titles that were aimed at the more serious hardcore gamer which came from third party publishers sold very poorly and with that record many wii u multiformat titles may be rushed and developed on the cheap. Unfortunately with Nintendo unlikely to state the full specification of the wii U we will probably be reliant on multi-platform games to show if there is any additional power in the wii U. Hopefully some developers will push the wii U to its limit.

Soon as the wii U is released someone will tear it apart and start x-raying the circuit board etc and after release its a lot easier for developers to leak information on its spec.

#34 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Certain consoles are easy to develop for and others are not. For example the original xbox and xbox 360 are very easy to develop for. PS2 and PS3 are nightmares that took a long time to master. My understanding is the wii U should be as easy to develop for as the 360. The wii U should be performing very well day one and I think I've aready read a few reports that its very easy to develop for and get things running on it. Its powerpc cpu and ati/amd gpu developers are going to be familar with.

I think the real trouble with the wii U is going to be many wii titles that were aimed at the more serious hardcore gamer which came from third party publishers sold very poorly and with that record many wii u multiformat titles may be rushed and developed on the cheap. Unfortunately with Nintendo unlikely to state the full specification of the wii U we will probably be reliant on multi-platform games to show if there is any additional power in the wii U. Hopefully some developers will push the wii U to its limit.

Soon as the wii U is released someone will tear it apart and start x-raying the circuit board etc and after release its a lot easier for developers to leak information on its spec.

Ive never heard of the ps2 being hard to develop for that pretty surprising considering it was like the lead dev platform of almost every multiplatform game last gen

#35 Fully87

Fully87

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Half-Life

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

One of the best gametrailers ever.

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Publisher: SEGA of America, Inc.
Developer: Gearbox Software
Release: February 12, 2013

From http://e3.nintendo.c...s/#/wiiu/aliens

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 MrMonopolyguy13

MrMonopolyguy13

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

There has been rumors of the Wii U version of Aliens being released on Wii U first this holiday. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this rumor because the game looks badass!

#38 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

wtf? never heard that... source?
Posted Image

#39 MrMonopolyguy13

MrMonopolyguy13

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

http://www.gamesrada...and-intriguing/
Here is one of the articles I found.

#40 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

I'm soooo looking forward to this. Getting it before everyone else would be icing on the cake
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!