Photo

Will every game be playable on the gamepad seperate from the TV?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

It may be a dumb question, but I was thinking about games like nintendoland and Zombi U, that use the gamepad in unique ways to enhance game play, how would those games work if you were just playing on the gamepad alone? Sorry if this has been answered already, but I am just curious how this would work? Is it a game by game thing? I was under the impression that EVERY single game would be playable 100% on just the gamepad, but thinking about it today, I came across this question. So if anyone knows, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

No it's a pretty good question.

To answer, only developers have that decision, so not every game will have "Off TV Play" as its called, some will though
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Yea, it's a developmental decision as was said. The trailer for Warriors Orochi 3 had specifically stated it was fully playable on the Gamepad, so I suppose they would have to state that the games are compatible. A game like Zelda would probably not have that option.

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Pretty sure Rabbids Land and Nintendo Land will not support off TV play. Since both have games that require the use of both screens. The only games I can think of that support off TV play are Skylanders Giants and NSMBU. There's probably more of them though.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

No.
Zombiu could not be played because it uses both tv and game pad screen for different stuff.
Now mario , rayman, darkside2, cod, yea because the game pad screen is only for a map or extra added on stuff like 2 players.
But it will all depend on the developer but i think it will be a spilt of like 70% on game pd, 30% on tv only.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Well these guys pretty much summed it up. It will really come down to gameplay - if the gameplay won't be affected by switching to gamepad play..then I'm sure it will support it.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

awesome thanks for the replies, that is exactly what i thought. So COD: BO2 is confirmed for "off tv play" or is that just speculation? Does anyone know if AC3 is playing only on gamepad?

#8 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

no, only "selected games" will have the coince, its up to the developers to make this option

also some games are "imposible" to have it like ZombiU because it have an "intense" use of the pad screen while you are playing on the tv so there is no place to put all that if you switch your tv screen to the pad
Posted Image

#9 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Nope. That's all.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

It's an easy option, but some games will use features which would make it impossible.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

I really think EVERY game should do this. If I get a game that doesn't, I'll be sad.

#12 Tony8801

Tony8801

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

I really think EVERY game should do this. If I get a game that doesn't, I'll be sad.

Same, I understand games like ZombiU can't really do this, but if games like COD and AC3 dont have this option, I will be very upset/sad

#13 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

I guess you will be sad with ZombiU
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

I assume it's the games that won't need the GamePad as an essential is what kind of game will have this feature enabled.
As Nollog said, the only real restriction is whether the game is designed with having the GamePad to be used simultaneously in mind.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Is confirmed now. IGN even tested it.
http://ie.ign.com/ar...ing-about-wii-u
Still depends on if the game actually supports the feature or not, but the UI allows for loading a game without even touching your TV!

I can't wait for videos of people playing zombiu at night in a cemetery with their wiiu in their backpacks.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I wish you could, but it's completely up to devs, I'm sure all the Nintendo exclusives will have the feature.

#17 rich100

rich100

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, zelda, halo

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

I wish you could, but it's completely up to devs, I'm sure all the Nintendo exclusives will have the feature.

I doubt it in future i reckon games like zelda will require both screens.

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

I very much doubt if every single Nintendo exclusive will have this feature. It all depends on the game play and control schemes. Those games that require the Gamepad as an additional screen won't support it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!