Photo

New Miyamoto interview (Asturias) - on creations, Zelda by Retro, online, Miiver

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

http://www.gamereact...s 10 titulares/

- Premise: almost every Wii U user will already has Wiimote, Nunchuk and even WM+ - this gives freedom to devs. IR alternate pointing to both screens highly possible
- Miyamoto-san doesn't think they fell behind with online, but now is the right moment and you 'have' to be online with the Wii U.
- Retro qualified for Zelda game, but being in America would leave less-dependent games for them (story, design Japan-only)
- They'll encourage handwritten chatting with Miiverse
- 2 current goals are: own creation and creating teams which doesn't need him.
- iPad Mini screen size is another indication they took the right path with GamePad design

source:
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=497400

Edited by Zinix, 28 October 2012 - 06:13 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

RETRO WITH ZELDA. :D

#3 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

O_O

http://www.gamereact...s 10 titulares/

( i understand spanish but im not english native so i dont know how to exactly translate it :P )

and about online.. google translated

"I do not think Nintendo is late to the online". "We've been studying online systems from the NES. Had in mind the number of homes that could be good online connection. Tried it with Wii and DS will be connecting to. Now with Wii U have to be logged. Whenever we wanted to create a console based on our users' enjoyment. our data indicate that it is time. "

i think what he is trying to say in the original spanish article is that the wii u will be a "hardcore online" console for first time in nintendo, they were "testing" the online with wii and DS to introduce nintendo fans on the online thing and now with the wii u you will always want to be connected to receive the latest news and updates of everything + navigate through miiverse and wii u social features all the time

Edit:

i think they are getting it wrong, they are not making zelda, what he is saying is that zelda story and game desing is being made by nintendo as always and this will continue to be that way.

-Retro is "capable" to make a new zelda (in therms of development), but they are from USA and that would cause a very complicated communication situation between nintendo and retro.

-Thats why retro must make projects that requires "less japan-dependancy" and thats why retro is not the best choice to make a whole zelda game from 0 alone without nintendo help.

thats the way i understand the original spanish article, maybe retro is helping nintendo in the next zelda with less dependant features like improving graphics or other things that i cant imagine right now, but atleast the major part of the game is still beign made by nintendo

also the interview dont explain it very well but thats how i understand it

in conclusion, if this is correct this means that retro's main project is not the next zelda game ;), maybe is a metroid, star fox or anything else.

Edited by Stormage09, 28 October 2012 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Oh my god, that "Zelda by Retro" scared me... jeez.

#5 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

METROID please nintendo

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Oh my god, that "Zelda by Retro" scared me... jeez.

WHAT. How?

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't want a Retro Zelda? I think that they are best fit for other games, like maybe Mario, or Star Fox.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 BrownNinja178

BrownNinja178

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't want a Retro Zelda? I think that they are best fit for other games, like maybe Mario, or Star Fox.

Same here, I don't want Retro to make a Zelda ether.

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'd be willing to give Retro Zelda a chance. It may be good or bad, but I won't be the worst.

But it is probably unlikely.

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

they shouldnt touch mario, but starfox would be perfect

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

I would like to see what Retro's Zelda will be like. BUT ASDFGHJKL!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

yea i wouldn't mind a retro zelda, but i would rather them work on something original for a change.

#13 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

There is something to think about. Nintendo wouldn't entrust a renowned series like Zelda to an inefficient developer. I'm sure Retro will be working closely with the bigwigs to ensure it holds the LoZ spirit.

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't want a Retro Zelda? I think that they are best fit for other games, like maybe Metroid, or Star Fox.

Fixed.

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

I would have liked a Zelda by Retro. They made the best and most refreshing Metroid game, why not do that with Zelda? But I understand Miyamoto, maybe it's best if they keep it traditional.
No sig.

#16 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Fixed.

I was talking about stuff that they hadn't already given a go, but ok.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#17 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

I think it's better to have Zelda in Japan, it just fits the game more. As for Metroid that seems way better in American hands. I really hope Retro is working on another Metroid.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

I like the idea of giving retro a chance with Zelda.

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

I don't exactly want Retro going with Zelda. I rather them revive an older franchise like Star Fox, F-Zero etc.
Legend of Zelda is fine with Nintendo's Core development teams.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Retro's job should be to get today's audience to be familiar with the older franchises, you're perfectly right.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!