Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Told by Iwata they are currently working on it

“As it would take me a long time to elaborate on ‘Miiverse’ here, we are currently preparing a Nintendo Direct video to explain about it in detail before the launch of Wii U.”

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/121025qa/03.html
Posted Image

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Very nice. Now to play the waiting game again.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Awesome! I can't wait.

Signature_Fox.png

#4 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

I hope it comes out this week.
Posted Image

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

I wish they were more specific on dates. I'd like to know a timeframe of when this Nintendo Direct will be.

Posted Image

#6 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

FTA: "In addition, for our past platforms, users had to exchange a number called a "Friend Code" with each other to build a Friend relationship, where data could be transferred between two specific devices. This process was set up to prevent users from being harassed by the few people who like to behave in an inappropriate manner when playing games. For Wii U, as those who have empathized with each other can create a Friend relationship, the important mission of "Miiverse" is to increase the number of friends to play games with. "

When he started talking about past platforms and how users had to exchange friend codes, I was expecting some sort of clarification for the Wii U / Miiverse. Unfortunately all he did is say it was setup to prevent harassment.. and then he changed the subject and started talking about how the Miiverse is trying to increase the # of friends you can play with.

Based on what he said about "creating a Friend relationship", I think it *might* be that there's still Friend Codes to prevent "harassment" but once you add someone's friend code they'll be able to accept the friendship request and maybe you'll have something like a gamertag.

Imagine these two scenarios:
#1) Black Ops 2, you're in a game with 7 other people (4 v 4 match). You're waiting for the next match to begin, you're not friends with anyone yet so you just see the Friend Codes for the other 7 people playing.
One of the people on your team is really good and you want to be friends with them so you can easily play with them again in the future, so you select them and you request a "Friend relationship". Once they confirm, their nickname or gamertag will be displayed going forward INSTEAD of their Friend Code.

#2) Your best friend and you both have the Wii U and both get Black Ops 2. You add his Friend Code manually, and he accepts the "Friend relationship", and now you can see each other's nickname/gamertag.

IF that's how it's going to work, it's fine by me. You only have to enter their Friend Code once so it's not a huge deal, I mean even if they let us add a friend using their gamertag we'd still have to enter something in.
It's really not any worse than entering the download codes or Microsoft Points card code on the 360, they're both "one time annoyances".

The potential benefit to doing it this way is maybe I could have my middle name be my gamertag / be what's displayed to my friends. In this case, I don't have to worry about someone registering my preferred gamertag before I do because the system is based off unique Friend Codes and not unique gamertags like the 360 is.

Thinking it through slightly more, I know they mentioned each person in your house would have their own Mii in the Miiverse, so it sounds like a new unique Friend Code would be generated for each and stored in Nintendo's servers. This of course means to play as your Mii you'd have to be connected to the internet, though perhaps they could have some offline play mode where you can still play as your Mii and once you've got internet again it would upload all your progress. Like if you take the Wii U with you on a road trip so your kids can take turns playing on the GamePad, their progress could still be recorded offline, and when you get back home and turn the Wii U on again it would automatically upload the progress they made while offline.

This is all speculation of course, and I hope it's somewhat similar (if not exactly the same) to how I'm describing.
Posted Image

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Oh, the new thread for the English translated Q&A session, I see.
Not that I doubted chesemeister2k

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hopefully they'll throw in something about the Nintendo Network as well.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

I want Nintendo Direct NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very impatient :P

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#10 Schroedus

Schroedus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

If the MiiVerse will be accessible via smartphones and PCs in the future, do you think there will be a username & password kind of deal? I hope so.

#11 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

i knew it would be at launch it's the main feature of the new system

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Awesome, awesome. From what I've seen, many of us have been waiting on some info regarding Miiverse.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yay finally :D only 30 days left in the UK :D

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

If the MiiVerse will be accessible via smartphones and PCs in the future, do you think there will be a username & password kind of deal? I hope so.

Good point. That's the most logical reasoning yet for why there might not be friend codes on the wii u.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Good point. That's the most logical reasoning yet for why there might not be friend codes on the wii u.

There WILL be friend codes on the Wii U, Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata answered this in June:
"We’re not completely getting rid of Friend Codes, but a function of the “Miiverse” will simplify the process of making friends with another user in the platform by eliminating the need to input Friend Codes."
http://www.nintendo....20606qa/02.html

This coincides with what he previous said in January:
"Nintendo will now allow personalized accounts for its next home console, which will allow multiple users per system. Online profiles will no longer be system-based. "We will also be able to construct and offer the [personal account system] by combining a variety of different services and content," Iwata said.

Really, what I described in my post above sounds like it might be really close to reality.
Posted Image

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

There WILL be friend codes on the Wii U, Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata answered this in June:
"We’re not completely getting rid of Friend Codes, but a function of the “Miiverse” will simplify the process of making friends with another user in the platform by eliminating the need to input Friend Codes."

"Nintendo will now allow personalized accounts for its next home console, which will allow multiple users per system. Online profiles will no longer be system-based. "We will also be able to construct and offer the [personal account system] by combining a variety of different services and content," Iwata said.

Really, what I described in my post above sounds like it might be really close to reality.

Obviously someone's lying. Reggie has stated multiple times that they've done away with Friend Codes in the previous months. I was also at Comic Con this year ( I live in New York) and they Nintendo reps said that friend codes aren't supported by the Wii U.

EDIT seems like I was wrong:

http://www.nintendol...t_theyre_better

There will be FCs but not the same as the WII/DS's FC.

Edited by Zinix, 30 October 2012 - 06:41 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

I ain't neva said they won't be. Just the most logical reasoning I've read yet to "prove" there won't be.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

I ain't neva said they won't be. Just the most logical reasoning I've read yet to "prove" there won't be.

:) There is no logic to proving there won't be when Iwata and Reggie have already stated on numerous occasions that there will be.
Posted Image

#19 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

:) There is no logic to proving there won't be when Iwata and Reggie have already stated on numerous occasions that there will be.

We will have to wait and see how they are incorperated. I hope they are just for adding strangers.

Signature_Fox.png

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Iwata and Reggie have already IMPLIED on numerous occasions that there will be.

I concur.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!