bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

I concur.

Do NOT change what I said in a quote, who taught you manners? That's rude and disrespectful.

What part of Iwata's STATEMENT "We’re not completely getting rid of Friend Codes" makes it sound like he's IMPLYING there are friend codes vs. STATING there are friend codes?
What part of Reggie's STATEMENT "There are friend codes" sounds like he's IMPLYING vs. STATING?
Posted Image

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Do NOT change what I said in a quote, who taught you manners? That's rude and disrespectful.

What part of Iwata's STATEMENT "We’re not completely getting rid of Friend Codes" makes it sound like he's IMPLYING there are friend codes vs. STATING there are friend codes?
What part of Reggie's STATEMENT "There are friend codes" sounds like he's IMPLYING vs. STATING?

The part where you leave out the surrounding texts, and change their words.
Iwata: past systems used friend codes
Reggie: not ready to disclose.

Reggie: http://www.nintendol...t_theyre_better
"but it's not the existing friend code system"

Iwata: http://www.nintendo....21025qa/03.html
" In addition, for our past platforms, users had to exchange a number called a "Friend Code" with each other to build a Friend relationship, where data could be transferred between two specific devices."

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

The part where you leave out the surrounding texts, and change their words.
Iwata: past systems used friend codes
Reggie: not ready to disclose.

Reggie: http://www.nintendol...t_theyre_better
"but it's not the existing friend code system"

Iwata: http://www.nintendo....21025qa/03.html
" In addition, for our past platforms, users had to exchange a number called a "Friend Code" with each other to build a Friend relationship, where data could be transferred between two specific devices."

I NEVER changed their words - learn to read. While you're learning to read, you'll also discover this thing called "context clues", the links to the pages I and others provided already detailed that it's a friend code system though not exactly the same as what existed prior. I'm not going to quote a whole Q&A session, the excerpts I provided were taken completely in context and I never misconstrued them to mean anything else.

Edited by bornsupercharged, 30 October 2012 - 09:39 AM.

Posted Image

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

You're being quite insulting. Perhaps you should calm down while writing your replies.

Implying is what people do when they don't give a straight answer.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I NEVER changed their words - learn to read. While you're learning to read, you'll also discover this thing called "context clues", the links to the pages I and others provided already detailed that it's a friend code system though not exactly the same as what existed prior. I'm not going to quote a whole Q&amp;A session, the excerpts I provided were taken completely in context and I never misconstrued them to mean anything else.

i agree. There will be codes but not the same way as you stated. Some people ....

Edited by WomboKingKombo, 30 October 2012 - 10:16 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#26 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Its not important but I hope we get a trophy system for games it just makes you want to play the game more to try to get evrything.
Posted Image

#27 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

There's a simple explanation for the inconsistency between Reggie and Iwata's statements: There are Friend Codes, but they won't work like the system we know now. There.

#28 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

There's a simple explanation for the inconsistency between Reggie and Iwata's statements: There are Friend Codes, but they won't work like the system we know now. There.

That's obvious. Myself and him/her are talking about English, the language.
The intricacies of it and such.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#29 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

You're being quite insulting. Perhaps you should calm down while writing your replies.

Implying is what people do when they don't give a straight answer.

What's insulting is having someone quote you and then change what you said - even just a single word - that's what's insulting.

"Some journalists say it's fine to "improve" quotations as long as the meaning isn't changed. Others argue that the practice is dishonest."
http://www.ajr.org/Article.asp?id=1340
You didn't improve my quotation, you changed the meaning, and that dishonesty is insulting. I don't appreciate having what I said modified and used as a quote that I didn't say.

They gave straight answers in that there will be a friend code system - how many times do we have to go over that? What they haven't detailed is whether there is a gamertag-esque system that lets you actually choose your own handle or not. What they said were statements affirming a friend code system - they were not implying there was one.

Let me help you.

Stating someone has a car:
He takes his car to work everyday.

Implying someone has a car:
He takes a car to work everyday.

See the difference? One says "his", which means he owns it. The other says he takes a car - and while that could be implying he owns it, it could also be that he's renting it or its someone else's that he's borrowing.

Reggie and Iwata did not imply that there is a friend code system, they stated there is one. Hopefully you can see the difference and stop editing my quotes, because what I originally said was correct and how you edited it was not.

i agree. There will be codes but not the same way as you stated. Some people ....

If you're referring to my assumption on how it would work, in that your nickname or gamertag would be shown to friends but friend code would be shown to everyone else - yes that was just an example of how I imagine it could end up being.

Edited by bornsupercharged, 30 October 2012 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Image

#30 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

What's insulting is having someone quote you and then change what you said - even just a single word - that's what's insulting.

"Some journalists say it's fine to "improve" quotations as long as the meaning isn't changed. Others argue that the practice is dishonest."
You didn't improve my quotation, you changed the meaning, and that dishonesty is insulting. I don't appreciate having what I said modified and used as a quote that I didn't say.

They gave straight answers in that there will be a friend code system - how many times do we have to go over that? What they haven't detailed is whether there is a gamertag-esque system that lets you actually choose your own handle or not. What they said were statements affirming a friend code system - they were not implying there was one.

Let me help you.

See the difference? One says "his", which means he owns it. The other says he takes a car - and while that could be implying he owns it, it could also be that he's renting it or its someone else's that he's borrowing.

Reggie and Iwata did not imply that there is a friend code system, they stated there is one. Hopefully you can see the difference and stop editing my quotes, because what I originally said was correct and how you edited it was not.

If you're referring to my assumption on how it would work, in that your nickname or gamertag would be shown to friends but friend code would be shown to everyone else - yes that was just an example of how I imagine it could end up being.

Yah the way i said that was kindof confusing.But i do agree with your theory i wont be suprised.

Signature_Fox.png

#31 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Yah the way i said that was kindof confusing.But i do agree with your theory i wont be suprised.

If they wanted to retain the privacy aspect that long, random friend codes provide, it's definitely one way of accomplishing it.

I'll be happy with whatever it ends up being so long as I don't have to give out a 12-16 digit random set of numbers that are difficult/a hassle to remember. I'm sure just like Sony and Microsoft copy things from Nintendo, Nintendo looks at how Sony and Microsoft do things and they'll try and go the best route while being slightly different. Nintendo likes to pride itself on being innovative so who knows what hybrid friend code/gamertag system they might have come up with.
Posted Image

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Let me help you.

I wanted to post you never know but agreeing with you seemed easier at the time and correcting your mistake along the way.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

That's obvious. Myself and him/her are talking about English, the language.
The intricacies of it and such.

That's exactly what the problem is with this thread right now. It's off-topic.

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

That's exactly what the problem is with this thread right now. It's off-topic.

Talking about how miiverse might work in a thread about an upcoming explanation of how miiverse will work?!
Or the English lessons?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

If they wanted to retain the privacy aspect that long, random friend codes provide, it's definitely one way of accomplishing it.

I'll be happy with whatever it ends up being so long as I don't have to give out a 12-16 digit random set of numbers that are difficult/a hassle to remember. I'm sure just like Sony and Microsoft copy things from Nintendo, Nintendo looks at how Sony and Microsoft do things and they'll try and go the best route while being slightly different. Nintendo likes to pride itself on being innovative so who knows what hybrid friend code/gamertag system they might have come up with.

What are you? 12? God, get over it.

#36 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

I dont know if its just me but this room feels like its getting a little tense ._.

#37 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hm... don't know why everyone's fighting...

But anyway, Miiverse looks like a facebook for gaming. So I think it will be easy to friend your buddies and team up and whatnot.

#38 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Some people are naturally ugly, you can't help it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#39 Splint

Splint

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

I just hope that I can tell someone in real life my "friend code" without too much hassle.

#40 Dumpling Rose

Dumpling Rose

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

That's nice. Miiverse sounds really cool, too bad it isn't for the 3DS too. I don't mind, though.
You have Just wasted 3 seconds of your life.</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!