Photo

Digital or Physical

digital download eShop

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Digital vs Physical (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Digital or Physical - What's Your Plan?

1. I won't even buy digital eShop titles!! (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

2. If it's available Physical - I will buy Physical (27 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

3. I'll end up buying Both - all depends on $$$ (9 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. If it's available as Digital - I will buy Digital (5 votes [11.90%])

Percentage of vote: 11.90%

5. I won't buy it unless it's a digital download (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm planning on going digital whenever possible with this system. My family doesn't do well with optical discs, their survival rate in my home is very low. I had NSMBU on pre-order from Newegg for $48, but I have cancelled it in order to get the digital download version. I have kept my $48 pre-order for BO2, as I don't believe it will be available as a download.

I am curious, what are others' plans when it comes to digital vs physical. Is anyone taking a hard line?

Edited by rschauby, 10 November 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

POPULAR

As an avid game collector, I hate the digital age. Not just with games either. I love being able to hold things physically and I love manuals. I only plan on downloading games that are eshop only titles.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I plan to download as much as I can since I have the deluxe copy. But I can also go hard copy as well.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hmm I am not sure yet I have pretty much gone digital with the 3ds.

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

For Consoles I plan on getting all physical copies of the games. Maybe if there is a game I want and can't find the physical copy of the game, then I would buy the digital version if it has one. For my 3DS I'm leaning toward buying more digital than physical, so I don't have to keep changing cartridges.

LordPickleton.png

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Get digital, go green!!! save the polar bears!

That being said I only buy Physical unless I have to buy digital because I like to have something i can physically hold, however i could careless if any of you guys have anything to hold so its up to you guys to stop global warming

#7 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

I love physical copies. Not only does it feel good to open up that case and see your brand new game in your hands, but I feel more secure with it. I don't mind changing out discs/cartridges as it doesn't take hardly any time. I am kind of a collector (recently) and love looking at my shelf holding video games and just kind of feel... proud of what I have. (No matter how crazy that sounds)

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

I think I'll try to go digital this gen, especially if I go premium. I still have sort of a "collector" mindset and don't tend to sell games unless they're really bad or something so I won't be getting money trading in physical copies anyways. Although it may also depend on the price. If I wait to buy a game long enough for its price to drop, I'll end up going the cheaper route.
Posted Image

#9 CLOSED

CLOSED

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

I love physical copies. I just hope they'll stay available as long as possible.

I love physical copies. Not only does it feel good to open up that case and see your brand new game in your hands, but I feel more secure with it. I don't mind changing out discs/cartridges as it doesn't take hardly any time. I am kind of a collector (recently) and love looking at my shelf holding video games and just kind of feel... proud of what I have. (No matter how crazy that sounds)

I'm exactly the same. :3

Edited by Zallarax, 10 November 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#10 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

I will buy eshop exclusive titles like the cave or cloud berry kingdom, but i love me a physical copy you feel better about it inside and you feel more like it belongs to you.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#11 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

I love smaller digital games, but if a physical copy exists I will get that version.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

What would you want more a real girlfriend or one thats on the pc online. lol

Im only do physical copies. I like to touch and hold my games. Gives me a feel that i own it. Also if i feel like trading , selling or giving it away i can.
Plus you can find real games on sell while digital normally dont go on sell that often.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Plus you can find real games on sell while digital normally dont go on sell that often.

This is the only issue for me. I think the 10% program for deluxe systems is nice, but they need to do more. If they were really serious about combating used games, then this has to be part of the solution.

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

This is the only issue for me. I think the 10% program for deluxe systems is nice, but they need to do more. If they were really serious about combating used games, then this has to be part of the solution.

Also what about black friday. I am seing some brand new games that just came out a wk or 2 ago selling for $25. (MOH, dishonored, AC3, etc...) While i am willing to bet those games will still be full price on psn and xbl. So thats why i stick to the hard copies.

And i agree if Nintendo or any other company wants to make good with digital they have to be on top with there pricing and have them cheaper then in store.
The vita try to make good with there $5 off but then they messed that up buy needing to use there memory card which are high priced.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#15 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

physical version for me, really only down to cost, if i can buy pre-owned or trade in a couple of my old titles to knock a few quid off the price, rock on! will only go digital with eshop only wii u titles and any gamecube etc titles.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#16 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I don't mind having the digital copy of a game, though I do prefer the retail copy.

It can come potentially come down to what costs less for me.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#17 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

I prefer physical but I just bought a huge hdd for it so both.

#18 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

My Internet is garbagio, so downloading full games is a pain in the bum. it's just quicker to take a quick drive to the store. Plus makes it possible to let my cousins borrow the game, or even trade it in. But I'm totally fine with getting eShop exclusive stuff, as long as downloads continue while games are playing!
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#19 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

All of my launch titles were physical but I plan to switch over to digital in all cases where I can.

Benefits
  • You can never lose the game due to a damaged/lost disc. My dog chewed up two when she was a puppy; cases and all so yay! Another $120 that I had to spend to get them back.
  • You don't have to change a disc. With the WiiU I can now play while cooking or at my desk.
  • They don't take up space around the house. I don't know about you guys but I have tons of games from NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS 1, PS 2, PS 3, Vita, 3DS, Virtual Boy, Sega, 32x, Sega CD and frankly I'm running out of room to put all that crap.

Edited by Oblivion165, 10 November 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#20 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Storage space is a good point. I'm also running out of room for my junk. >>;;
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!