Photo

Digital or Physical

digital download eShop

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Digital vs Physical (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Digital or Physical - What's Your Plan?

1. I won't even buy digital eShop titles!! (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

2. If it's available Physical - I will buy Physical (27 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

3. I'll end up buying Both - all depends on $$$ (9 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. If it's available as Digital - I will buy Digital (5 votes [11.90%])

Percentage of vote: 11.90%

5. I won't buy it unless it's a digital download (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Digital, I don't want to pay 90 dollars for a game in my country. But yeah, I know is better "touch and feel" the game.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#22 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

What would you want more a real girlfriend or one thats on the pc online. lol

Im only do physical copies. I like to touch and hold my games. Gives me a feel that i own it. Also if i feel like trading , selling or giving it away i can.
Plus you can find real games on sell while digital normally dont go on sell that often.

Are you kidding? You're comparing a person to a video game.. alright.

If you think that in the future these physical copies of Wii U games will be worth dead crap, you're wrong, everyone nowadays has this stupid mentality that it's going to happen, they make "collector's editions" including a piece of crap soundtrack with a few songs, a crappy artbook you will skim over once and some stupid piece of video game memorabilia. Your digital games aren't just going to be wiped of the face of the planet one day, you people are acting like you were born in the 50's. GET WITH THE TIMES, DIGITAL WILL TAKE OVER REAL SOON. I will be buying physical copies as it's a whole lot easier to acquire for me right now, but be sure that I will buy the digital copy if it's significantly cheaper, because I'm not a fool, if I can save money on something that's not a necessity, I will.

Edited by Mournblade, 21 January 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#23 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Are you kidding? You're comparing a person to a video game.. alright.

I think his point was kinda like, that would you rather have a "girlfriend" that you can physically touch and feel (giggity) and take with you where ever you go, lend to a friend (erm...) then trade in when you're bored with "her" (ooh, harsh!...but fair.) or one that you cant?
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#24 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

All of my launch titles were physical but I plan to switch over to digital in all cases where I can.

Benefits

• You can never lose the game due to a damaged/lost disc. My dog chewed up two when she was a puppy; cases and all so yay! Another $120 that I had to spend to get them back.
  • You don't have to change a disc. With the WiiU I can now play while cooking or at my desk.
  • They don't take up space around the house. I don't know about you guys but I have tons of games from NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS 1, PS 2, PS 3, Vita, 3DS, Virtual Boy, Sega, 32x, Sega CD and frankly I'm running out of room to put all that crap.

That's Why I barely can move in my room and I'm turning a spare bedroom into a game room. Lol
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#25 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Physical for me. I cannot stand not having a physical disc and case.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#26 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Physical for me whenever possible, only eShop games I will download.

#27 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

physical copies are better because you can re-sell then once you have finished them, also physical copies are mostly cheaper than the digital copies.

#28 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

If it's an eShop exclusive game and I think I'll be playing it for quite some time(minimum: $7 game mines I should play it for over 7 hours) I'll download. If it's also available as physical I'll think it bit more on it. If I know I'll really like it and play it more than once or know I'll frequently come back to it, I'll download.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!