Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Discuss my colleagues, discuss.

Someone will take down the Wii U and see what it is capable of.

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

You know if back during e3 2011 somebody told me the most worrying part of the wiiu specs was going to be its CPU I would have called them crazy but now it seems like its the most worrying factor.

#3 Puppy Bot

Puppy Bot

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm not 100% sure it's true, but I heard the GPU specs were
1024MB 256-bit GDDR5 video card.
That's actually really amazing. It can handle nearly every PC game from what I know.
I also heard it has 2GB RAM, 1GB to the game, 1GB to the system, although I'm still not sure of that either.
Hopefully these rumors are true, although a little more RAM would be nice, but as long as it runs good, I don't care.

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

The RAM was confirmed by Nintendo but not specific CPU and GPU details.

#5 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

That's actually really amazing. It can handle nearly every PC game from what I know.
I also heard it has 2GB RAM, 1GB to the game, 1GB to the system, although I'm still not sure of that either.
Hopefully these rumors are true, although a little more RAM would be nice, but as long as it runs good, I don't care.

GPU specs we don't know but the Ram information you said is correct it was confirmed to be 2 gigs total with 1 gig for games 1 gig of OS but uncertain if you will be allowed to take some of the OS ram and use it for game ram if you disable OS capabilities while playing that game.

#6 Puppy Bot

Puppy Bot

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

GPU specs we don't know but the Ram information you said is correct it was confirmed to be 2 gigs total with 1 gig for games 1 gig of OS but uncertain if you will be allowed to take some of the OS ram and use it for game ram if you disable OS capabilities while playing that game.

Oh, that's cool! And maybe YOU don't know the GPU specs, but if the Wii U demo kiosks are the real Wii U, then we have the capability to know the GPU, and what I said could be true.

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

You know if back during e3 2011 somebody told me the most worrying part of the wiiu specs was going to be its CPU I would have called them crazy but now it seems like its the most worrying factor.

dont worry aboutthe CPU... while it isnt amazing its a great pair with the GPU unlike the Wii.

#8 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

dont worry aboutthe CPU... while it isnt amazing its a great pair with the GPU unlike the Wii.

Yeah most games are not really CPU intensive.

Now I know we can't compare console hardware to pc hardware due to too many varying factors but I hope the wiiu GPU will be in between a 6670 and 7750 in power but that may be a fool's dream.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 11 November 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#9 Puppy Bot

Puppy Bot

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

The CPU doesn't have to be amazing, as long as its fast enough, it doesn't really effect the video/framerate as much as it does the speed of doing tasks (Ex. opening applications). The GPU we already know is awesome even if the specs I provided were false, we know the GPU will still be good.

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Yeah most games are really CPU intensive.

Now I know we can't compare console hardware to pc hardware due to too many varying factors but I hope the wiiu GPU will be in between a 6670 and 7750 in power but that may be a fool's dream.

Me too, that would guarantee competition with the rivals.

#11 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

nintendo made the console as power as they possibly could within the size restraints.... just wait for the next round of games.

#12 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Me too, that would guarantee competition with the rivals.

Yeah more for me is that when I am suggesting a video card for people without a lot of cash I normally suggest those 2 cards since they are low power/ powerful for what they are / not pricey

nintendo made the console as power as they possibly could within the size restraints.... just wait for the next round of games.

I'm not sure if the next round of games is going to show off its power I feel it won't be showed off till another next gen consoles is released in which either those 2 consoles do a loving embrace or the wiiu is thrown under the rug .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 11 November 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

just wait... and you will see

#14 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

just wait... and you will see

I hope the next round of games will show off its power but I doubt they will atleast within Third Parties Nintendo though are likely to pull some magic next round of games.

#15 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

the reality is the games you will see on launch day all were made with outdated dev kits. the final dev kits didnt ship until the month before E3 this year. now the next round of games will be taking FULL advantage of te finale hardware and not like the launch games which are in between dev kits.

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

the reality is the games you will see on launch day all were made with outdated dev kits. the final dev kits didnt ship until the month before E3 this year. now the next round of games will be taking FULL advantage of te finale hardware and not like the launch games which are in between dev kits.

I know that to be the truth , but I still as long as the wiiu is getting ports from 360 and ps3 we won't see any graphical difference other than performance fixes and changing games resolution to 1080p.

Which reminds me with performance tweaks I Wonder how Assassin Creed 3 will run on the wiiu since I know the ps3 and 360 suffered in performance in many areas like the opening theater where they dropped to the low 20's especially the ps3 and with some other scenes being in the mid 40s.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 11 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#17 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

I know that to be the truth , but I still as long as the wiiu is getting ports from 360 and ps3 we won't see any graphical difference other than performance fixes and changing games resolution to 1080p.

Which reminds me with performance tweaks I Wonder how Assassin Creed 3 will run on the wiiu since I know the ps3 and 360 suffered in performance in many areas like the opening theater where they dropped to the low 20's especially the ps3 and with some other scenes being in the mid 40s.

we will see soon

#18 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

we will see soon

yep we will since it's show that with the 360 and ps3 that Assassin creed 3 isn't locked to 30 fps since it does go higher that so its possible we could see it running in 60fps for the wiiu.

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Final Wii U games have to look like this /sarcasm

#20 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

https://www.youtube....&feature=fvwrel
Final Wii U games have to look like this /sarcasm

Hopefully better than that since Crysis even with mods is starting to look outdated in someways not to mention more modern effects available now and more experience with those features and so forth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!