• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

I don't get the Wii U until the 30th, so on the 18th in 6 days time, someone will crack one open and I'll find out before I get it.

#22 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

We should wait before we have a specs discussion, it'll just be speculation.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm not 100% sure it's true, but I heard the GPU specs were
1024MB 256-bit GDDR5 video card.
That's actually really amazing. It can handle nearly every PC game from what I know.
I also heard it has 2GB RAM, 1GB to the game, 1GB to the system, although I'm still not sure of that either.
Hopefully these rumors are true, although a little more RAM would be nice, but as long as it runs good, I don't care.

Whoah. No.

Gddr5 performance does not become worthwhile unless its clocked high enough. Wiiu, a 75watt system is not designed around a high clock speed performance.

For a low power high performance system, you want to cut latency not by upping clock speed, but by removing distance. Which is the most likely reason the gpu has its edram on die, for a super high speed low latency cache for 'need now' with a lower teir bus connected to main game mem it can take its time swapping out.

Gddr5 is pretty unlikely.

That being said, its looking like the cpu is used only for gaming.

It appears the os, with miiverse and the browser, and any and all multitasking apps are handled by the multicore arm processor.

On top of that, the cpu isnt burdened with audio either, a dedicated dsp takes complete care of audio.

Edited by 3Dude, 11 November 2012 - 09:03 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

this topic is very interesting.... i cant get enough of it. not because i base my Wii U purchase on it but because im learning a lot. i look forward to the Wii U teardown and whatever informaion we get from that. if you pressed me for an opinion i would say the Wii U is the second coming of the gamecube (tech wise). that's what i truly believe.... small, powerful, balanced design. i think the games developed by people that have a handle on the hardware will be AMAZING. lets not even talk about what nintendo will do... i find it funny people dont think nintendo will outdue the best of this gen (gafers).

#25 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

I heard the Wii U will be using a GPU similar to an ati radeon 4850HD. Thats about 3 times more poweful than an ps3/xbox. As for the CPU its an IBM power 7. Most likely it will be a quad core 2.4-3.2ghz that wil also be much more powerful than current generation. That being said, the overall graphics power will be slightly brought down from what the actually console is capable of, because the gamepad's streaming takes some power from the gpu and cpu. Also take into consideration an ati radeon 4850 on a console will produce better graphics than the same video card in a computer.

Edited by korgamer, 12 November 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#26 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

From what I've heard it has a 3GHz tri-core CPU that can do 2 threads like the 360, 2GB RAM with 1GB for OS, and a graphics card like the HD 4850 that is 2x as powerful as the 360's. Two-thirds of that is just speculation.

#27 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

The only think i know i heard and believe is ,that it uses an AMD A8 and my laptop is pretty fast and it has an A6 lol.

Edited by xile6, 14 November 2012 - 07:44 AM.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#28 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

The only think i know i heard and believe is ,that it uses an AMD A8 and my laptop is pretty fast and it has an A6 lol.

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to use an IBM processor.

#29 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to use an IBM processor.

gpu is amd tho

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/confirmed-wii-u-gpu-by-amd-100-true.452674508/
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!