• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Should I get a PS4 or XBox Next despite getting a Wii U, or should I focus all my money and attention on the Wii U? I might get a PS4 or XBox Next if it has an exclusive Sonic game.

#2 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Wii U, next gen play station and xbox will have most likely a small amount of new features, it will just have better graphics and stuff. Not worth it.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

xbox if you want halo.
ps if you want naught dog games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

THE NEXT XBOX, I've had really good times with xbox and very very rarely any sort of problems

wjapt2.jpg

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

I wasn't really asking whether I should get a PS4 or XBox Next. I was asking if I should get either at all.

#6 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

I wasn't really asking whether I should get a PS4 or XBox Next. I was asking if I should get either at all.

well in that case I'll just say yes you should

wjapt2.jpg

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Thats the question right now isnt it. This last gen seemingly golden roads are really just guilded... This last gen has been absolutely horrible. Even the wii was an absolute failure of potential. Of course, motion controls were doomed by lazy devs grown far too complacent to be capable of creating anything new anymore long before the wii was a thing.

The American 'father' of the wii actually pitched to Microsoft and Sony before Nintendo. And both times was shot down by the devs because they literally said they didnt want to waste time learning how to do new things instead of following the trend.

Only Nintendo, realizing the gamecube, while technically profitable, was a failure, and the company itself on an observable path to extinction (nes 62 million, snes 46 million, gamecube 33 million) wanted to stop following the trend leading straight to its doom.

And even then Nintendo was divided. Some of Nintendos executives were voraciously against learning to use motion controls.

Its when your back is against the wall that you either slump down in defeat or make a glorious comeback
Sony is the company to watch right now, and nintendo knows it.

Nintendo is likely hoping Sony continues the trend of fighting a war of attrition with microsoft (so does microsoft, they know they can outlast sony, and need only ride them into the ground before owning that part of the gaming market all to themselves.)

The most dangerous thing sony can do right now, is a wii.

Not specifically what we did, but metaphorically. The wii wasnt an underpowered game console.with motion controls.

It was a concept a massively huge bunch of people had no idea they really really wanted until they saw it.

This.will be the first generation i dont buy all major consoles. Its too soon to decide who else to go with. But if.sony showcases an.emphasis on hardware power over software innovation out the door.... They will lose serious points with me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

xbox if you want halo.
ps if you want naught dog games.

Perfectly put

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Fair enough if you want PS4 too, I might do that, but I would stay far away from Micro$oft, thier business practices are horrible, they charge for everything and they try to force thier products down your gullet, especialy Kinect, even though it's an obvious failiure, plus most of thier exclusives are out the window. You have to remember Micro$oft are a multi product company who thinks they rule the world. Nintendo are a dedicated gaming company so I'm putting my trust in them one last time if they fail I will defect to Sony Playstation and give that a try if I don't like them either I'm out of the modern gaming business completely, it will be straght to the last gen consoles for me.

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Fair enough if you want PS4 too, I might do that, but I would stay far away from Micro$oft, thier business practices are horrible, they charge for everything and they try to force thier products down your gullet, especialy Kinect, even though it's an obvious failiure, plus most of thier exclusives are out the window. You have to remember Micro$oft are a multi product company who thinks they rule the world. Nintendo are a dedicated gaming company so I'm putting my trust in them one last time if they fail I will defect to Sony Playstation and give that a try if I don't like them either I'm out of the modern gaming business completely, it will be straght to the last gen consoles for me.

I've had both the PS3 and 360 and liked the 360 a little better. Because I had fun with Halo 3. I agree that Kinect is a failure, and dislike paying for online.

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'd say the PS4. Namely because it has a wider range of exclusives that won't eventually find their way onto Steam.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

It depends if its not "five hundred and ninety nine us dollars"

#13 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'd go with the next Xbox, there's no way I'll buy another sony console.
Posted Image

#14 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Regardless of whether you get a Wii U or not, there are far too many variables when deciding on the next Xbox, PlayStation 4, or both.

Both consoles will likely have brand-new features that we can't fathom at this point, or a revolutionary new entertainment paradigm. Perhaps the PS4 will actually focus more on being a gaming console second, as the Xbox 360 has become in one sense.

There are a lot of theories as to how the consoles will play out in the next little while, but until E3 2013, we likely won't hear anything. Don't forget, the sooner Microsoft and Sony release information about their next console, the sooner they jeopardize sales of their current generation. Would you be in the market to buy a 360 if the next console is said to put it to shame and have better games? Probably not.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'd say PS4, Microsoft doesn't have that many exclusives besides Fable, Gears of War and Halo. But that could change. But I'd say go with Wii U and PS4 at this point in time.

#16 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

It really just depends on your preference. I personally like Playstation, but that doesn't mean Xbox is bad either. I just prefer the controller and the selection of exclusive games compared to that of Xbox. Because neither Sony or Microsoft has announced a new system, I can't really give you a suggestion to what you should get. I think that it all just comes down to a preference to whether you like Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo more.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#17 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

It really just depends on your preference. I personally like Playstation, but that doesn't mean Xbox is bad either. I just prefer the controller and the selection of exclusive games compared to that of Xbox. Because neither Sony or Microsoft has announced a new system, I can't really give you a suggestion to what you should get. I think that it all just comes down to a preference to whether you like Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo more.

You prefer the PS controller to the Xbox 360 controller? WOW you're the first person I've ever met who has said that. Everyone I know HATES the PS controller with a passion.
Posted Image

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

This is a hard decision to make based on the lack of information we have on the next gen outside of Wii U. I usually buy every system myself and I probably will buy both next gen as well...it comes down to the games you like and what one system offers over the other.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Well I think if you were going to get one of the 2 you should go with the Xbox... only because I dont feel like Sony has learned from their mistakes and will release another console that will suffer an atrocious launch and I think if that happens again I doubt Sony will be able to recover... which ties in perfectly to Nintendo purchasing the rights to PlayStation and all of the first party titles that go along with it :3

#20 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

This is a hard decision to make based on the lack of information we have on the next gen outside of Wii U. I usually buy every system myself and I probably will buy both next gen as well...it comes down to the games you like and what one system offers over the other.

Also, as proven with the Wii U, things may change in terms of exclusives in the future. It's so hard to say what it is now. One thing if for sure, there is a rift between Sony/Microsoft and Nintendo. If your preference has always lied with Nintendo, then Wii U. If not, you may want to wait until the other consoles show off their stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!