27 replies to this topic

#21 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

What I don't understand is this:

The 1UP reviewer actually acts like the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 3 wasn't itself plagued by technical issues.

The animation was atrocious. You could almost see the invisible lines that the Reapers were scripted to follow, the stilted nature of manny movements, even in dialogue some of the time.

The graphics seems to lack somewhat versus the second game, and the controls were never spot on.

Then there was the sound, which was a weak point. In fact, after the trial version of the game came out, the internet was flooded with worried and dissatisfied gamers concerned over the rough feel of the graphics and animation as well as the distant nature of the sound.

I'm betting that none of these issues were addressed in the port and beyond that, the port was lazy (apart from work on the gamepad).

I'd be more interested in this review if the reviewer was actually playing the 360 version (which uses Direct X), the PS3 version (which uses OpenGL), and the Wii U version which seems to be based on the PS3 game - OpenGL).

Then the reviewer goes on to gripe that the Wii U GamePad controls arent' exactly where the 360 controls are?!? Seriously? What's next? A Wii centric reviewer griping that the 360 controller doesn't have the same placement as the Wii?

In any case, the game is flawed. it has always been that way.

But the review is even more so.

#22 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Again I don't want to sound negative about the wii u. I'm excited about getting mine and I'm a real fan of Nintendo games. I don't believe I'm biased at all and to be honest I've been predicting this all along. So its no surprise to me that the early wii u titles are coming in a bit weak because its new hardware which is close to the performance of current gen consoles. There are no surprises here for me. Many types of games will still be noticably enhanced on wii u but some cpu intensive games may go the other way. I didn't abandon my ps2 just because the Gamecube and Xbox were much better consoles. The ps2 still had some fantastic games worth playing. The only way you can play new Nintendo games is by buying a wii u and its still going to be the best console technically on the market overall until newer consoles appear.

#23 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Its almost like EA is trying to screw Nintendo over on purpose!

Signature_DK.png

#24 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

guys, im posting from my 3ds, now theres a kotaku article saying that ME 3 on wiiu is amazing or something like that, and also theres a good looking video but icant watch it in the 3ds, can anybody search for that article and explain how the video looks like??? thanks!!!

Edited by Stormage09, 16 November 2012 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image

#25 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

guys, im posting from my 3ds, now theres a kotaku article saying that ME 3 on wiiu is amazing or something like that, and also theres a good looking video but icant watch it in the 3ds, can anybody search for that article and explain how the video looks like??? thanks!!!

you can get on this site from the 3DS? How good odds a connection do you have?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#26 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Its almost like EA is trying to screw Nintendo over on purpose!

"Electronic Arts is the world's third-largest gaming company by revenue after Nintendo and Activision Blizzard." source: http://en.wikipedia....Electronic_Arts

Edited by ianh05, 16 November 2012 - 02:55 PM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#27 mayhem13

mayhem13

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Now you wonder if the Wii U will have the ability to patch the game and fix the issues, yea glitches shouldn't exist. But nearly any involved game these days comes out with glitches and occasionally ports do too. Part of that reason is because they are rushed and part of the reason is because the makers are reliant on game updates/patches that the 360/PS3 do very well. Sometimes they can be fixed up. So far though, no Nintendo console has offered a real game update/patch system. 3DS offers a half hearted solution but its not a real game update system. I am getting the Wii U but if they don't have game updates. Forget about DLC for the most part. Forget about fixing bugs. Forget about Bethesda....because they can't release a game without bugs. People have said there will be game updates on the Wii U. I'll believe it when I see it. People said Wii had game updates, it did not. People said 3DS has game updates, not really. An update on a 3DS either has to go through a system update which is rediculous and relies on Nintendo too much or if it is a downloaded game, you have to redownload the entire game. Otherwise, it can't be patched. Alot of third party companies with alot of overall good games, will not make video games on systems that do not allow patches/game updates. I am excited for the Wii U but also cautious. Alot of misinformation floating around the internet. Assumptions. Oh well, anyway with Mass Effect 3, lets hope they somehow can sort it out and fix it. Launch Titles sometimes do suffer from bugs and so do ports, it's not an excuse but it does happen.

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

So in other words its an exact port without trying to fix me3's issues?

Because me3 was plauged with technical issues already.

And somehow even worse on ps3.

But a port from a crap no name company made in a couple months by five dudes and a cat is going to fix the technical issues bethseda, hundreds of people, several years, and a hundred million dollars couldnt fix.

Interesting note. It appears straight right doesnt know how to use the audio dsp. The sound complaints combined with the fact the game apparently runs fantastic on the gamepad alone... when the wii u outputs to the tv sound is sent out via 5.1 surround sound with 5 discreet channels to process. When sent through the gamepad, its only 2 channels, left and right gamepad speaker, and performance improves.

But just in case this is a fluke, lets see what else straight right is doing. Ah, funky barn, a facebook like farmtown game. Yeah, these guys know what they are doing, we should totally take what they are capable of as proof over guys like shin en, who got a 6x performance boost to their c engine by making a few wii u cpu centric opimizations and are running nanoassault neo on 1 cpu core.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!