#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

If you havent had enough with the Trilogy thing, the Fifa "13" 12.5, here you have another reason, a bad-optimized port and why EA is awesome lol

Without question, it has a few issues. This version of ME3 seems a lot less visually stable than, say, the Xbox 360 version -- the frame rate is choppier, the animation seems rougher. The audio suffers, too; while the music and sound effects have come over fine, all the dialogue has a hollow, echoing quality to it.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9115515
Posted Image

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Great sounds really crappy, thanks EA for ruining my favorite games of ALL time, you seem to be good at that :angry:

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

I wasn't going to pick it up anyway.... EA and their half-***ed ports.

Posted Image

#4 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

What was the point anyway with the mass effect trilogy available unless it was massively enhanced and its actually massively inferior. I was thinking of picking it up when I see it in the bargain bin but its probably not even worth buying then.

From what was stated before the wii u may need to make use of the cpu assist features of the gpu to make up for a weaker cpu arrangement and it seems likely this early port is just running the code off the cpu hence the slowdown, frame rate issues.

It does seem like many wii u titles are coming in weaker than current gen in performance. I don't believe the console is weaker than current gen overall but I think this is evidence that the console clearly is close to current gen performance.

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

What was the point anyway with the mass effect trilogy available unless it was massively enhanced and its actually massively inferior. I was thinking of picking it up when I see it in the bargain bin but its probably not even worth buying then.

From what was stated before the wii u may need to make use of the cpu assist features of the gpu to make up for a weaker cpu arrangement and it seems likely this early port is just running the code off the cpu hence the slowdown, frame rate issues.

It does seem like many wii u titles are coming in weaker than current gen in performance. I don't believe the console is weaker than current gen overall but I think this is evidence that the console clearly is close to current gen performance.

How so? This developer is porting a current gen game to a brand new console. All their focus is with the new GamePad. There hasn't really been any developers really taking advantage of the Wii U as far as the internal hardware. They are all focused on the GamePad, as last gen ports should be. I just want the next gen games to come around to REALLY test the Wii U as far as horsepower.

Posted Image

#6 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

the only people who will buy this game are the ones who dont read gaming press or search for news in internet, parents who buy the game for his son because he thinks its going to be cool and that kind of people.
Posted Image

#7 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

How so? This developer is porting a current gen game to a brand new console. All their focus is with the new GamePad. There hasn't really been any developers really taking advantage of the Wii U as far as the internal hardware. They are all focused on the GamePad, as last gen ports should be. I just want the next gen games to come around to REALLY test the Wii U as far as horsepower.

My point is a significantly more powerful console should be showing improved versions of current gen titles not inferior. When the 360 was launched it got versions of games based on ps2 and original xbox games but they were still massively enhanced not inferior. Later on game engines were developed from the ground up to make use of the 360's enhanced spec. If the wii u is more powerful it should have no problem running enhanced versions of 360 and PS3 titles. We are seeing some enhancements like graphic resolution but also some weaknesses so at this point it would be fair to say the wii u looks to be close to current gen. Let's not forget the wii u is meant to be easy to develop for. Some consoles like the original xbox and gamecube were firing on all cyclinders practically from day one. The wii u is not a ps2 or ps3 it doesn't have a step learning curve. It's based on an established gpu with a known powerpc type cpu arrangement. The powerpc is the heart of the 360, wii and even the main primary cpu of the ps3. I'm sure it wont be long before the cpu details are released for wii u by hackers etc. Its highly likely to be something sub 360 and PS3 in performance although hopefully not by much.

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

My point is a significantly more powerful console should be showing improved versions of current gen titles not inferior. When the 360 was launched it got versions of games based on ps2 and original xbox games but they were still massively enhanced not inferior. Later on game engines were developed from the ground up to make use of the 360's enhanced spec. If the wii u is more powerful it should have no problem running enhanced versions of 360 and PS3 titles. We are seeing some enhancements like graphic resolution but also some weaknesses so at this point it would be fair to say the wii u looks to be close to current gen. Let's not forget the wii u is meant to be easy to develop for. Some consoles like the original xbox and gamecube were firing on all cyclinders practically from day one. The wii u is not a ps2 or ps3 it doesn't have a step learning curve. It's based on an established gpu with a known powerpc type cpu arrangement. The powerpc is the heart of the 360, wii and even the main primary cpu of the ps3. I'm sure it wont be long before the cpu details are released for wii u by hackers etc. Its highly likely to be something sub 360 and PS3 in performance although hopefully not by much.

Or it could just be an underclocked CPU with games not optimized to run with it. One of the main reasons games started to look better on the 360 day one was due to the jump between SD to HD. You could see a lot more detail in the games that were ported over. And since when was it confirmed to be running PowerPC? It's only listed as a Power-based Multi-core CPU from IBM.

Posted Image

#9 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

if you make a bad optimization because its half-ass coded ofc it will run worse, anyways that game was developed to run on pc and 360 architecture, the ps3 version had the same troubles so is not a surprise
Posted Image

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I knew this would happen. EA's corporate greed is beginning to become more and more noticeable each game.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Australian companies sure do suck at porting games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Australian companies sure do suck at porting games.

"Electronic Arts, Inc. (EA) is an American developer, marketer, publisher and distributor of video games" - http://en.wikipedia....Electronic_Arts
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#13 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

"Electronic Arts, Inc. (EA) is an American developer, marketer, publisher and distributor of video games" - http://en.wikipedia....Electronic_Arts

The Company porting the game to the Wii U is an Australian developer. EA is just a publisher, not a developer.

Posted Image

#14 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

The Company porting the game to the Wii U is an Australian developer. EA is just a publisher, not a developer.

which company is porting it? didn't think any aussie companies were involved in ME3.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

which company is porting it? didn't think any aussie companies were involved in ME3.

Straight Right.

Posted Image

#16 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

I see now, my bad. Continue :)

#17 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

EA is such garbage. If it wasn't for the fact that bioware is one of my favorite developers, and there's No other hockey games...I'd never buy an EA game.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

I see now, my bad. Continue :)

But an Aussie company also ported OOT 3D.
I guess it's down to how lazy the publishers are.
EA, or Nintendo, which would you trust more with a port?

It just makes me lol my balls off after the comments the asshats at straightright put out about the wiiu.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

I see your point but keep in mind that the difference between the ps2/xbox era to ps360 was a big graphical jump. Where we are now with graphics is a pretty high standard to top especially with system launch games on a new console. We must also realize a lot of these ports we are getting have been rushed by taking old existing code and only changing a few things to make it in time for launch resulting is sub-par to awful ports, ps360 had their share too. If there was more time for the devs to really put things together I believe most of these ports could have out shined ps360 but It's still a sit a wait game as we sort through the diamonds in the rough. Let's also remember the games on the way that weren't being rushed which I believe are going to be really enjoyable because the devs are putting more time and care into those titles (Aliens, Rayman, Pikimin, and who knows what else) this is just the beginning.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Yup. Thats why the ps3 is barely more powerful 9)or on par with the ps2.

Because Gow collection and silent hill collection among other ps2 re-releases run stutteringly worse than their ps2 originals.

Your logic is grounded in ignorance and bias.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!