• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

I may be silly, but after seeing negative threads on the Wii U with opinions that aren't following the facts, I wanted to make a proper negative thread about the Wii U.

1. The launch games are quantity over quality. NSMBU isn't an original game at this point, there have been so many NSMB. At some point, games tend to lose their style unless something completely new is invented.

2. The availibility will be horrible. Nintendo should have known to produce more consoles.

3. The Wii U needed a hard drive. A large hard drive would have been just as fast as that Solid State Drive, I'm pretty sure of it. It doesn't cost much and who cares if it makes the Wii U bigger?

4. Developers aren't making good use of the Gamepad. They're either using it as a separate screen or treating it like an old DS game. It will probably take a couple of years before developers take good advantage of it.

I'm still getting a Wii U and want one badly though, because:

1. Nintendo Land is a major improvement over Wii Sports.

2. I want a new Nintendo system. The Last Story sold me on Nintendo systems.

3. PS3 and 360 don't excite me at this point.

4. Numerous other reasons.

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

2. The availibility will be horrible. Nintendo should have known to produce more consoles.

Marketing strategy to keep demand high for months to come just like when the wii launched and everyone and their grandma had to search for months and months because they were flying off the shelves

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 16 November 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

3. The Wii U needed a hard drive. A large hard drive would have been just as fast as that Solid State Drive, I'm pretty sure of it. It doesn't cost much and who cares if it makes the Wii U bigger?

The Wii U uses Flash Memory. Nintendo avoided putting a Hard Drive in it to keep costs down.

Posted Image

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

The Wii U uses Flash Memory. Nintendo avoided putting a Hard Drive in it to keep costs down.

A 500GB HDD costs about 50 bucks. I would be happy with a 320GB HDD, which costs about 40 I believe.

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

A 500GB HDD costs about 50 bucks. I would be happy with a 320GB HDD, which costs about 40 I believe.

Yeah, flash memory is cheaper. Again, Nintendo wanted to keep the costs down. They're already going to be selling it at a loss.

Posted Image

#6 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

1. Perhaps take a look at some other games before you form a conclusion based on just Mario.

2. Nintendo knows what happened with the Wii and they said they are making more, which is why they aren't using resources making separate GamePads. You can only ship so many across north America at a time.

3. Not everyone needs that much space if they are going to be buying physical copies of games. Wouldn't be fair to include a bigger drive only to needlessly raise the price for everyone. Which is why we are free to add our own storage solutions.

4. I dunno what else you want, because a second screen is basically what it is. It's not supposed to be a doorway into narnia.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#7 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

4. I dunno what else you want, because a second screen is basically what it is. It's not supposed to be a doorway into narnia.

That.... would be amazing... :o

Posted Image

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

1. Perhaps take a look at some other games before you form a conclusion based on just Mario.

I'm free to discuss this. I can even post my current opinions of every launch game.

#9 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

I'm free to discuss this. I can even post my current opinions of every launch game.

Then make a thread titled "My Opinion on the Wii U Launch Titles"

Posted Image

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

I may be silly, but after seeing negative threads on the Wii U with opinions that aren't following the facts, I wanted to make a proper negative thread about the Wii U.

1. The launch games are quantity over quality. NSMBU isn't an original game at this point, there have been so many NSMB. At some point, games tend to lose their style unless something completely new is invented.

4. Developers aren't making good use of the Gamepad. They're either using it as a separate screen or treating it like an old DS game. It will probably take a couple of years before developers take good advantage of it.

1, NSMBU Is awesome have you seen the reviews, this will be the best console launch ever.

2. It's very popular you can't do anything about that, I don't think even Nintendo saw this one coming.

3.Not really, Nintendo didn't want to profit at all for the declining prices in memory so they left the option open to the consumer to pick how much they needed, it also made the console much cheaper, in actual fact Nintendo did us a favor so stop complaining.

4. Then that's thier fault, they will be the ones missing out, and to be honest I have a really good feeling about 3rd party support I duuno why.

NOW can we please STOP these PROBLEM threads that arn't really PROBLEMS and just enjoy our last few days of freedom please.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 16 November 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#11 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

1, NSMBU Is awesome have you seen the reviews, this will be the best console launch ever.

2. It's very popular you can't do anything about that, I don't think even Nintendo saw this one coming.

3.Not really, Nintendo didn't want to profit at all for the declining prices in memory so they left the option open to the consumer to pick how much they needed, it also made the console much cheaper, in actual fact Nintendo did us a favor so stop complaining.

4. Then that's thier fault, they will be the ones missing out, and to be honest I have a really good feeling about 3rd party support I duuno why.

NOW can we please STOP these HATE threads and just enjoy our last few days of freedom please.

I agree with what you say. But this isn't as much of a hate thread, as more of an opinion thread. Hate is more like this:

"LIEK DA WEE YOO IS GUN SUK CUZ ITZ MAYD BI NINTINDOODOO!!!!" ....lol

Posted Image

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I agree with what you say. But this isn't as much of a hate thread, as more of an opinion thread. Hate is more like this:

I know it's just getting annoying though, there are more threads about the problems that arn't really problems now urrgg!

*fixed ma post*

#13 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

*fixed ma post*

Good boy. *pats head*

Posted Image

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Good boy. *pats head*

Do I get a treat for bieng such a good boy? Woof

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Do I get a treat for bieng such a good boy? Woof

lol Yes. *gives senzu bean*

Posted Image

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

lol Yes. *gives senzu bean*

My energy level it's, it's, it's...........................................

Posted Image

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Then make a thread titled "My Opinion on the Wii U Launch Titles"

I'll post it in this thread since this thread needs new life anyway:

New Super Mario Bros. U - I want this game. But the idea is no longer new and fresh. I was more excited for the Wii version.

ZombiU - I don't really want to get into this again, but I find this game gross. I might be willing to try it if not for the fact my parents won't let me play it, but I would still find it gross.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - I'll hold out on my opinion of this game until I see some reviews. I don't know if the Wii U version will be better than the 360/PS3 version or not, and won't blindly accept that it will.

Nintendo Land - I really want this game ever since I saw a video of it on gamefaqs. It's a big improvement over Wii Sports in my opinion.

Disney Epic Mickey 2 - I'm not interested in this game.

Scribblenauts Unlimited - This game sounds awesome. But I need to see some reviews first before I'll decide whether or not to get this.

Skylander's Giants Wii U - I really don't want to get started on this because I know it will probably be addicting.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - This sounds fun, and at 40 bucks, it's a steal. I want to play online.

Assassin's Creed III - I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game and don't think I should really start.

Just Dance 4 - I'm open to this one.

ESPN Sports Connection - No unrealistic sports games fot me & most of the sports I'm not interested in.

James Bond: 007 Legends - Not a James Bond fan.

Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition - Not much of a Batman fan.

FIFA Soccer 13 - Not a soccer fan.

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 - I'm getting this.

Wipeout 3 - Hmm...

Madden NFL 13 - I'm really disappointed this game doesn't have the new physics of the 360/PS3 Madden 13. Will I get this game anyway? There's a possibility of it.

SiNG Party - I probably won't get this game but it sounds interested.

Transformers Prime: The Game - I won't get this game. Not interested right now in the cartoon it's based off of.

Game Party Champions - Played a previous one, not interested.

Tank! Tank! Tank! - 50 bucks seems a bit much for this game.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge - I was disappointed IGN said the graphics weren't as good as the 360/PS3 (sorry Dragon). Also, the length is a bit short for me to consider it worth it.

Funky Barn - I don't know about this one, but I probably won't buy it.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - I'm getting this. The extras make it worth it. And 59 characters? Great.

Darksiders II - I want this one. There's only getting my parents to let me play it :.

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper - I like Dynasty Warriors, but also find it generic. I might pick this up in the future.

Mass Effect 3 Wii U - I'm not interested in this game. Haven't played a Mass Effect.

Rabbids Land - I don't know much about this game, and probably won't get it for that reason.

Edited by PotatoHog, 16 November 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#18 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

the only "real" problem i see in your list is the storage one, it can be easily solved, the next time you are undecided about buying or not a mediocre/average game, instead of that buy a 500GB HDD and all your storage problems will probably be solved for the entire wii u's life.

-limited stock? thats not a real problem, more will come, it has nothing to do with the hardware or software itself
-the launch titles are pretty good specially the third party ones like AC 3 and BO 2 and many others, if you look at the 360/ps3 launch titles you will carp your pants then
-and the gamepad thing isnt that bad, i expect it only to be the minimap/inventory and off-tv feature in all the major cases, plus more functions in first party and some third party games like batman, Sega & All star racing or ZombiU.

Edited by Stormage09, 16 November 2012 - 02:02 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Well I'm buying into the wii u mainly because of nintendos own games for the console and any decent exclusive games. If multiformat titles are best on wii u and competitively priced I'll buy those too. Actually when it comes to multi-format titles I tend to be driven by price a bit. I've bought weaker ps3 versions of games because the slightly better 360 version was more expensive. Wii u games tend to be a bit more expensive than 360/PS3 so I will only buy the wii u version if its definitely enhanced enough to justify it.

Many of the wii u launch titles are technically weak it seems and inferior to 360/PS3 versions so I will skip any like that. Certain games like Ninja Gaiden are soo utterly boring after a short time that I will not buy at any price. Sonic racing looks fantastic though but will wait for the wii u reviews. I really want to buy it on wii u but won't if it has frame rate issues on wii u. I will get the new Mario game for sure at some point and Zombi U. So far I've only got Tekken Tag pre-ordered and I get Nintendo land with the console. I thinking of buying a few extra wii games to use with the wii u as my wii library is very small. I shall be keeping my original wii as I still have about 30 gamecube titles but only about 5 wii titles currently.

I always remember some of the great times I've had with Nintendo games like Mario 64, windwaker etc and so I'm in it from the beginning for the wii u hopeing we can see some more of that magic again.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

WRONG.
Also, it wouldn't have effected the size of the console at all.

NSMB is a great series, for people who actually want to play proper platformers, like me.
It gets mad cash too, because it's easy to play and everyone can have fun playing it.
It's obvious to me Nintendo wanted to make a big splash on launch, and NSMB is a big splash seller.
Don't care about the other points, and I'm not here to defend my personal taste or Nintendo's business decisions.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!