• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

1. The launch games are quantity over quality. NSMBU isn't an original game at this point, there have been so many NSMB. At some point, games tend to lose their style unless something completely new is invented. - So? Some people will always love the games. I've been playing the games ever since the original.

2. The availibility will be horrible. Nintendo should have known to produce more consoles. - Nintendo can only go so fast in making and providing consoles for people, plus not all these shops have the room in their back rooms of stock to actually hold enough to sell to every customer that wants one on the first week.

3. The Wii U needed a hard drive. A large hard drive would have been just as fast as that Solid State Drive, I'm pretty sure of it. It doesn't cost much and who cares if it makes the Wii U bigger? - It already has one? And some people STILL put their own HDD's in, no matter the size, so this is a pointless complaint.

4. Developers aren't making good use of the Gamepad. They're either using it as a separate screen or treating it like an old DS game. It will probably take a couple of years before developers take good advantage of it. - OH MY GOD IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET, GIVE THEM A CHANCE!

I'm still getting a Wii U and want one badly though, because:

1. Nintendo Land is a major improvement over Wii Sports. - NintendoLand isn't a sports game, and a new Wii U sports game will be coming out soon...

2. I want a new Nintendo system. The Last Story sold me on Nintendo systems.

3. PS3 and 360 don't excite me at this point.

4. Numerous other reasons.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#22 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

4. Developers aren't making good use of the Gamepad. They're either using it as a separate screen or treating it like an old DS game. It will probably take a couple of years before developers take good advantage of it.

Most seem to be making better use of it than even Nintendo, compare Rayman Legends or ZombiU to NSMBU and tell me which makes better use of the gamepad.

2. I want a new Nintendo system. The Last Story sold me on Nintendo systems.

A third party game sold you on Nintendo systems? :wacko:

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#23 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

3. The Wii U needed a hard drive. A large hard drive would have been just as fast as that Solid State Drive, I'm pretty sure of it. It doesn't cost much and who cares if it makes the Wii U bigger?

SSD's are faster than any HDD's out at the moment as far as I'm aware. I know this by experience with my PC.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#24 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

SSD's are faster than any HDD's out at the moment as far as I'm aware. I know this by experience with my PC.

Yup, you're right. I was in a coversation with my friend and he was bragging about the fact that the newest PlayStation supported SSD drives. I said b!tch please, the Wii U has a built in SSD. He was shocked!

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#25 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

the main problem for me is the touch screen isn't multi-touch, I know it has it's pros and cons but I feel like many gameplay options are squashed with single touch.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#26 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

3. The Wii U needed a hard drive. A large hard drive would have been just as fast as that Solid State Drive, I'm pretty sure of it. It doesn't cost much and who cares if it makes the Wii U bigger? - It already has one? And some people STILL put their own HDD's in, no matter the size, so this is a pointless complaint.

The Wii U does not have a hard drive. It uses flash memory. Either way, I like what Nintendo is doing by letting people choose the amount of HDD space they want.

Posted Image

#27 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

POPULAR

All those reasons backing up quantity over quality are ridiculous. Not being interested or not being a fan of something doesn't make it not quality.

Edited by TrickySx4, 16 November 2012 - 05:18 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#28 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Yeah but it's still memory at the end of the day. People are able to put in their own HDD at whatever size they want.

Pay £120 extra for a HDD that Nintendo would charge for, about 80GB, or £80 for a nice 1TB HDD.
Your choice.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Yeah but it's still memory at the end of the day. People are able to put in their own HDD at whatever size they want.

Pay £120 extra for a HDD that Nintendo would charge for, about 80GB, or £80 for a nice 1TB HDD.
Your choice.

ya ikr.
There are people out there saying they'd pay an extra hundred [CURRENCY] for Nintendo to ship a special Wii U with a 500GB hard drive in it.

I'm all like, "You silly goose, go buy an external 500GB hard drive for 50 [CURRENCY], and have 532GB of space."

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

ya ikr.
There are people out there saying they'd pay an extra hundred [CURRENCY] for Nintendo to ship a special Wii U with a 500GB hard drive in it.

I'm all like, "You silly goose, go buy an external 500GB hard drive for 50 [CURRENCY], and have 532GB of space."

I could get a 1TB HDD for my Wii U, and it would be A LOT more worth it then buying the ripoff that is the Xbox 360 320GB HDD.

Posted Image

#31 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

3. The Wii U needed a hard drive. A large hard drive would have been just as fast as that Solid State Drive, I'm pretty sure of it. It doesn't cost much and who cares if it makes the Wii U bigger?

What you don't realize is SSD are manufactured in the same standard form factors as HDD are - meaning there would be no difference in the Wii U's physical size.
I completely disagree on a HDD being faster than a SSD - based on real world experience with migrating systems over from hard drives to solid state drives, there is always a very noticeable speed improvement not only on bootup, but when accessing any file or opening most any application. This is a major benefit for the Wii U, because it means the OS should be lightning fast. For storing actual games/dlc/etc you can use the external drive. I have a 2TB that I paid <$80 for.
Posted Image

#32 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

What you don't realize is SSD are manufactured in the same standard form factors as HDD are - meaning there would be no difference in the Wii U's physical size.
I completely disagree on a HDD being faster than a SSD - based on real world experience with migrating systems over from hard drives to solid state drives, there is always a very noticeable speed improvement not only on bootup, but when accessing any file or opening most any application. This is a major benefit for the Wii U, because it means the OS should be lightning fast. For storing actual games/dlc/etc you can use the external drive. I have a 2TB that I paid <$80 for.

Are you saying the Wii U has an SSD? Because it doesn't.

Posted Image

#33 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

Are you saying the Wii U has an SSD? Because it doesn't.

The Wii U utilizes the same flash memory that's found in SSDs - the difference is it's integrated directly vs. being an actual removable drive.

I was saying SSD and HDD share common form factors, and if the Wii U used an SSD then going to a HDD would make no physical size difference.

Perhaps in the next couple of years I think we can expect some higher capacity models, perhaps the 32GB will replace the 8GB for $299 and they'll introduce a 64GB at $349.

Edited by bornsupercharged, 16 November 2012 - 06:56 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

The Wii U utilizes the same flash memory that's found in SSDs - the difference is it's integrated directly vs. being an actual removable drive.

It proves my point that it doesn't use an SSD. But what I did learn is that the speeds are quicker than I thought. Thanks.

Posted Image

#35 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

To whomever said a SSD is faster than a HDD - Large HDDs are as fast as some SSDs. It takes a quality SSD to fly. I assume a large HDD (320+ GB) would be about as fast as the Wii U's storage.

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

To whomever said a SSD is faster than a HDD - Large HDDs are as fast as some SSDs. It takes a quality SSD to fly. I assume a large HDD (320+ GB) would be about as fast as the Wii U's storage.

If you RAID a few cheetah's or velociraptor's or barracuda's maybe.

Sounds like a zoo, but the're hard drive models.
http://www.8088.net/images/IOps/IOps_mean_comparison_EN.gif

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Nollog - That's a rather biased test. I'll try to find some better ones tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!