Photo

Who else is starting to think the Wii U is only as powerful as the 360/PS3?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

The CPU is an important part of the picture and developers have said it was weaker than the 360/PS3. I just got through talking to someone who said the Wii U's RAM at 17GB/second was still better than the 360's/PS3's, but I don't know who to believe - him or myself. But I think the 17GB/second RAM will limit the supposedly fast GPU. Also there is 2GB RAM but you can only really count it like 1GB because 1GB for a console OS is excessive. I've heard the PS3 or 360 only use 32MB for OS.

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I was starting too but Assassin Creed 3 Footage seem to give me new hope.

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I need GPU info. Everything else is on par with current gen.

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

It is vital we get GPU information.

#5 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

The CPU is an important part of the picture and developers have said it was weaker than the 360/PS3. I just got through talking to someone who said the Wii U's RAM at 17GB/second was still better than the 360's/PS3's, but I don't know who to believe - him or myself. But I think the 17GB/second RAM will limit the supposedly fast GPU. Also there is 2GB RAM but you can only really count it like 1GB because 1GB for a console OS is excessive. I've heard the PS3 or 360 only use 32MB for OS.

If you have this much doubt, then simply cancel your preorder and wait for specs. Stick with what you've got now, it's that simple.

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I already bought one.

#7 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

wii u has bigger problems right now than how powerful it is I feel terible about all the bad systems out there . Mine will be here tommorow and gamestop.com sends return labels with its stuff if your unhappy wonder if I should send mine right back or just take a chance and set it up how good is nintendo with repairs if I have a problem.
Posted Image

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

It is vital we get GPU information.

AMD Radeon E6760, apparantly. Read it somewhere on the boards here. It looks decent and it should be able to handle the Zelda HD demo, and basically on par with PS4s rumored GPU (a10).
No sig.

#9 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

AMD Radeon E6760, apparantly. Read it somewhere on the boards here. It looks decent and it should be able to handle the Zelda HD demo, and basically on par with PS4s rumored GPU (a10).

The rumors right now are the A10 (cpu/gpu) with a separate additional gpu. It will not be on par with the Wii U.

I'm pretty disappointed right now. Cant believe that everything is pointing towards on par. I will get one eventually for the exclusives, which is what I was planning on doing with the ps3. So I'm torn on what to get at this moment.

God I wish they just forgot about the Gamepad and just released a traditional system...

Edited by Goose, 19 November 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

POPULAR

I remember when the 360 came out and everyone waited at midnight for halo3. And it seemed on par with Xbox.

Talk about disappointment...

Then a year later, gears of war showed everyone how awesome the 360 was.

If it was t for madden or king kong, you'd think the 360 was not an upgrade at all. Unfortunately, the wii u has not been final long enough for anyone to know what they were developing with until games were performance budgeted on the safe side and nearly done.

The wii u has a strange launch. And it's due to nintendos hardware finalizing process. They started with dev kits slightly more powerful than 360. And they built up from there. Even up to e3 this year.

But that's not the real story. Ports are. And all we've seen are ports, an exclusive game that is basically a port of 360 code and rushed to change from one game to a completely different game in about a year, graphically unambiguous first party games, etc.

Give it until e3 next year. Will be a whole lot different.

The hardware is dry very good. And many levels above 360/ps3.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 November 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

^True, but I don't think it's really powerful or anything. Maybe the GPU is, but I'm not even sure if it's the Radeon E6760. And in the end, I mainly care about GPUs. I prefer good graphics over fast menus, though it is still dissapointing it's so slow.

Edited by Keviin, 19 November 2012 - 03:24 AM.

No sig.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

Nah it more powerful. Assassin creed 3 looks great and its just a simple port. Of they build it from the ground up and had more time woth the system it would easily blow away the ps3/x360.
Zombiu looks great al. Looks better then some ps3 games i have. And these are launch titles vs ps3/x360 end of life games.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

What were you guys expecting?

Besides Scribblenauts, NSMBU, and ZombiU, every game is a port. Launch titles never push the console to the fullest potential, that would be very stupid.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 Bkpiazza

Bkpiazza

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Historically, launch titles of a new system are the lowest graphical quality of the life cycle. We've seen this as the case in every console released in the last fifteen years. So by that logic, if launch titles graphically are on par with current late life cycle systems then the wii u will surpass them in the long run.

Just look up gameplay vids of call of duty 2 on 360 compared to black ops 2 360 to put your mind at ease.
Please feel free to add me -Wii U ID: BKPiazza

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Bkpiazza - games are that good because they've improved that much, not because of the Wii U. Assuming developes continue to make games for the 360/PS3, they will continue to improve along with the Wii U.

I'm done saying negative opinions about the Wii U though. I dislike some things about it but I also dislike Vita, 360, Kinect, traded my PS3, traded my two favorite games... you get the picture. The only thing I can think of that I'm happy with is my family and friends, internet friends, etc.

#16 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

God I wish they just forgot about the Gamepad and just released a traditional system...

So then what would be the selling point? "Here's yet ANOTHER console with nothing special. Oh but the games look pretty!"

Anyone who complains about graphics shouldn't even be playing on consoles. Buy a gaming PC so then you won't have to constantly be in doubt that your machine is too weak compared to everyone else's.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#17 Bkpiazza

Bkpiazza

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Bkpiazza - games are that good because they've improved that much, not because of the Wii U. Assuming developes continue to make games for the 360/PS3, they will continue to improve along with the Wii U.

I'm done saying negative opinions about the Wii U though. I dislike some things about it but I also dislike Vita, 360, Kinect, traded my PS3, traded my two favorite games... you get the picture. The only thing I can think of that I'm happy with is my family and friends, internet friends, etc.

Hmm I'm not sure what you mean by your first sentence...

My logic is that if wii u launch titles can replicate and improve upon (1080p ac3) late cycle graphics from the other 2 systems using a Brand new os, console build and dev kit, then it stands to reason the graphics of wii.u games in the coming years will be substantially better than the launch graphics.
Please feel free to add me -Wii U ID: BKPiazza

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

its not 17 gb/s they corrected it... its 12.8 126% better than wii but 100-110% worse than 360/ps3... here u can read about ram http://forum.beyond3...d.php?p=1680353 The gpu is 4770, at least in beyond3d, neogaf, anandtech, etc they speak, that THIS IS the wii U gpu. The only thing that may make you feel nice, is the following link that lists, the gpu scores of wii U - ps4 and nextbox http://www.gamefaqs....64674956?page=2 4770 looks better than the ones leaks for ps4 and nextbox.

We dont know yet, what modifications have being done in wii U gpu though... so u have to wait, till 1 guy makes it happen...

Edited by Orion, 19 November 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#19 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Never judge a console by its launch games.

2lvmghw.png

#20 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

The gpu is 4770, at least in beyond3d, neogaf, anandtech, etc they speak, that THIS IS the wii U gpu

That IS only an assumption. Period. And then others ride the assumption into the sunset on forums.

Repeat something enough and it must be true right? ...

IF it actually was a 4770, great. it's a good GPU.

But it would have to have been HEAVILY modified.

The 4xxx doesn't even have the tech to run the gamepad.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 November 2012 - 04:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!