• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'm tired of people saying "Don't worry, Nintendo will be great because I know they can" without providing any solid evidence. The slow memory and slow CPU are a fact until proven otherwise. And all the Wii U problems are also a fact. Nintendo deserves no credit when the Wii U is having all these problems.

#2 Ravyu

Ravyu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Batman, Link and NINTENDO

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

lol the slow memory issue has been solved. Go to the "Anandtec shows even slower memeory speed" and scroll down. Besides, hardware isn't anything
A rare 12 Year Old that thinks Nintendo is godly.
PC Specs- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hUYw

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

It hasn't been solved. A couple of people posted opinions that aren't based on anything.

#4 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

I'm tired of people saying "Don't worry, Nintendo will be great because I know they can" without providing any solid evidence. The slow memory and slow CPU are a fact until proven otherwise. And all the Wii U problems are also a fact. Nintendo deserves no credit when the Wii U is having all these problems.

No, no one is over praising the Wii U. If you look at the mountains of data, your posts included, there are more negatives than positives. This is an over stimulated bias that has resonated within the industry for years, and if you have so much doubt and dissatisfaction, simply don't get one. Get a PS4 or a 720. If specs are your true motivating factor, then you are not going to be pleased with the Wii U. If you need 15 cores and a 7xxx series chip, then you don't want the Wii U, you want something else. But this constant thread creating of the same silly argument is getting old. If you are so unsure, don't buy one. It's as simple as that. Geez...

Edited by Rubix87, 19 November 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

I already bought one, Rubix. And it's not a tired argument if people agree with me, like they did in Mr. Saturn's thread.

#6 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

I just want to say most consoles launch with a ton of problems that are fixed later on during its life. Yes, the OS being slow sucks and does get annoying, but it's not a HUGE deal breaker for me. At the end of the day, if you want the WIi U, buy it. If not, then wait for what the competitors have to offer. Maybe what they do will suit your needs more.

#7 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Yes it is, if there is nothing wrong with your system what is your issue? People agreeing with you have nothng to do with the fact that it's a dead thread. IF you like it keep it. IF you don't, DON'T keep it. Plain and simple.

I just want to say most consoles launch with a ton of problems that are fixed later on during its life. Yes, the OS being slow sucks and does get annoying, but it's not a HUGE deal breaker for me. At the end of the day, if you want the WIi U, buy it. If not, then wait for what the competitors have to offer. Maybe what they do will suit your needs more.

Thank you, you make sense.

Edited by Rubix87, 19 November 2012 - 05:51 AM.

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Don't get me started on this subject, Rubix.

#9 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Yes it is, if there is nothing wrong with your system what is your issue?

Thank you, you make sense.

I haven't really been looking at its problems that other people are experiencing, but can you fill me in? Aside from the occasional disconnecting of online services and the laggy OS, I haven't had many problems.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Oh dear.

It's happening!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

I think it went from being pretty hyped to being brought down to ground level. While most the launch issues aren't enough to angrily return the system or throw it out the window (at least in my opinion). There are enough small things to be slightly miffed over. So if anything..right now its not really the hype machine it was anymore...still a fun system though!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#12 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

I haven't really been looking at its problems that other people are experiencing, but can you fill me in? Aside from the occasional disconnecting of online services and the laggy OS, I haven't had many problems.

People are having lag issues. Some consoles are 'bricking.' Others are having to wait a long time for updates. It's stuff like that. I'm not dismissing this by any means, but the constant whining on these threads is getting ridiculous.

Oh dear.

It's happening!

lol

#13 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

We totally agree on something, Tricky.

#14 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Don't get me started on this subject, Rubix.

Cute lol.

I think it went from being pretty hyped to being brought down to ground level. While most the launch issues aren't enough to angrily return the system or throw it out the window (at least in my opinion). There are enough small things to be slightly miffed over. So if anything..right now its not really the hype machine it was anymore...still a fun system though!

Love your post, as it logical and reasonable.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

I was the first to critisize yesterday and I realised how wrong I was, there was a thread on here earlier and it turns out nothing is confirmed yet and all the websites that did the teardown could have been talking out of thier asses, plus from what I heard when you register for Club Nintendo there is a message that says Nintendo is aware of the Wii U's Slow OS and they are working for an update to fix it, it also says the same thing in the support forums, and you can't really critisize that, all consoles launch with problems, if I understand corectly the 360's launch and PS3's launch was a lot worse.

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Wait, Tricky is saying what I did.

#17 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

I'm actually very pleased with it.

...but then again, I'm not the type that gets "OMGOMGOMGOMOGMOMGG" hyped about things to the point where I'm disappointed if it's any less than the next coming of God. :L

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

I was the first to critisize yesterday and I realised how wrong I was, there was a thread on here earlier and it turns out nothing is confirmed yet and all the websites that did the teardown could have been talking out of thier asses, plus from what I heard when you register for Club Nintendo there is a message that says Nintendo is aware of the Wii U's Slow OS and they are working for an update to fix it, it also says the same thing in the support forums, and you can't really critisize that, all consoles launch with problems, if I understand corectly the 360's launch and PS3's launch was a lot worse.

For a company like Nintendo which always had reliable hardware in the past - I can't imagine they are happy with this ...it will get fixed I'm sure.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Some people I think are, but most aren't.

From what I've seen since launch (haven't seen GPU yet) all the specs are on par with generation 7 consoles. I know everyone here likes to defend Nintendo, but this is insane. It is selling at a loss for $300 and isn't that much better than last gen. You can argue new experiences all you want, but graphics really do matter.

If the Wii U isn't even in the same ballpark as the PS4 and Nextbox then we will see another Wii situation, which is what I am starting to see so far. The Wii sold extremely well for a long time, but then the novelty of motion controls went away. Nintendo first parties are awesome, but I can't use a system as my main if it relies on just first party titles. Look at the last couple years of the Wii, you sure got good games, but they were months apart!

I am really starting to worry about Nintendo's new system.

#20 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Wait, Tricky is saying what I did.

No, Tricky actually makes sense. You're complaining about a slow OS, and how the sky is falling, and the Wii U being overly praised, and yadda, yadda, yadda. A lot of nonsensical jargon. Just return it if you are so dissatisfied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!