#41 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

well i am keeping mine. Zombie U is amazing , NSMBU is fun as hell, so... while others surf the net over and over just to find the correct specs - i ll be playing

This, except I'm enjoying some good Tekken alongside NSMBU.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#42 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

No, no one is over praising the Wii U. If you look at the mountains of data, your posts included, there are more negatives than positives. This is an over stimulated bias that has resonated within the industry for years, and if you have so much doubt and dissatisfaction, simply don't get one. Get a PS4 or a 720. If specs are your true motivating factor, then you are not going to be pleased with the Wii U. If you need 15 cores and a 7xxx series chip, then you don't want the Wii U, you want something else. But this constant thread creating of the same silly argument is getting old. If you are so unsure, don't buy one. It's as simple as that. Geez...

What if you want that kind of console with Nintendo games?

28gxdv8.png

#43 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

The memory speed and CPU speed are not known at this time.

Anandtech article is a joke.

that is all.

No one can over praise or under praise it until it has a chance to show its potential. Silly, unambitious (graphically) games like NSMBU and others don't mean anything. Ports of current gen games are only going to look like the same game those systems run.

The Power based CPU is a great move, the amount of RAM is great. the EDRAM is great. The GPGPU is great. the integration of everything is great, and the novel way in which games will be controlled is great.

I have seen undeserved criticism so far and a lot of assumptions made, but not cold facts that would lead to a denigration of the system.

So at least those (including developers on the record) who are "over praising" the Wii U can't be any worse than those hating on it based on assumptions... like anandtech with its erroneous info, assumptions and calculations of Wii U performance based off of consoles that aren't the wii( u or engadget (which likes to refer to Wii U's revolutionary, easy to use, and feature packed gamepad as "bizarre" every chance they get.)

#44 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

that is all.

No one can over praise or under praise it until it has a chance to show its potential. Silly, unambitious (graphically) games like NSMBU and others don't mean anything. Ports of current gen games are only going to look like the same game those systems run.

The Power based CPU is a great move, the amount of RAM is great. the EDRAM is great. The GPGPU is great. the integration of everything is great, and the novel way in which games will be controlled is great.

I have seen undeserved criticism so far and a lot of assumptions made, but not cold facts that would lead to a denigration of the system.

So at least those (including developers on the record) who are "over praising" the Wii U can't be any worse than those hating on it based on assumptions... like anandtech with its erroneous info, assumptions and calculations of Wii U performance based off of consoles that aren't the wii( u or engadget (which likes to refer to Wii U's revolutionary, easy to use, and feature packed gamepad as "bizarre" every chance they get.)

I think I love you.
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#45 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

What if you want that kind of console with Nintendo games?

Lol then I don't know what to tell you.

that is all.

No one can over praise or under praise it until it has a chance to show its potential.  Silly, unambitious (graphically) games like NSMBU and others don't mean anything.  Ports of current gen games are only going to look like the same game those systems run.

The Power based CPU is a great move, the amount of RAM is great.  the EDRAM is great.  The GPGPU is great.  the integration of everything is great, and the novel way in which games will be controlled is great.

Your posts are so informed, that's why I enjoy them.

#46 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Lol then I don't know what to tell you.

Your posts are so informed, that's why I enjoy them.

I think that's why people are getting angry, even though I am not.

They simply want another gamecube with next gen graphics and the next gen online service with a nintendo experience.

28gxdv8.png

#47 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

I am a computer expert and I don't post things that are long and pleasing to the eye. 3Dude and I are the only ones to listen to.

#48 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Some people I think are, but most aren't.

From what I've seen since launch (haven't seen GPU yet) all the specs are on par with generation 7 consoles. I know everyone here likes to defend Nintendo, but this is insane. It is selling at a loss for $300 and isn't that much better than last gen. You can argue new experiences all you want, but graphics really do matter.

If the Wii U isn't even in the same ballpark as the PS4 and Nextbox then we will see another Wii situation, which is what I am starting to see so far. The Wii sold extremely well for a long time, but then the novelty of motion controls went away. Nintendo first parties are awesome, but I can't use a system as my main if it relies on just first party titles. Look at the last couple years of the Wii, you sure got good games, but they were months apart!

I am really starting to worry about Nintendo's new system.

the bolded will not be the case. If you look at Architecture than no one should be thinking this is going to be a Wii Situation over again. Wii was about 20 times less powerful plus outdated architecture. Wii U is looking to max out maybe 8 times less powerful than ps4 (MAX!... probably more like 6 times less powerful) with very comparable architecture (in same ballpark). developers will have to come with another excuse this time.... because the power/architecture will be there to port games if they choose to.

Edited by GAMER1984, 20 November 2012 - 04:30 AM.

#49 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

People are having lag issues. Some consoles are 'bricking.' Others are having to wait a long time for updates. It's stuff like that. I'm not dismissing this by any means, but the constant whining on these threads is getting ridiculous.

lol

The lag and long updates were because there is a lot of people going on at once. With Bricking, just pray for no random power outage.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#50 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

The Wii U isn't 20 times as powerful as the Wii. Iwata was just making things up to make money.

#51 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

The Wii U isn't 20 times as powerful as the Wii. Iwata was just making things up to make money.

Wii
Max res: 640x480
Low tech graphics

Wii U
Max res: 1920x1080p
Runs a second screen plus the tv screen resolution
Advanced shading and AA

28gxdv8.png

#52 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hinkik, the Wii U isn't 20 times as powerful because it won't have 20 times the rendering power. I have estimated that the 360 is only about 7 times as fast as the Wii 1 at rendering. Its GPU Is only 4 times as fast at raw fillrate.

The 360's GPU that is, vs. the Wii's.

#53 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hinkik, the Wii U isn't 20 times as powerful because it won't have 20 times the rendering power. I have estimated that the 360 is only about 7 times as fast as the Wii 1 at rendering. Its GPU Is only 4 times as fast at raw fillrate.

The 360's GPU that is, vs. the Wii's.

And where is your source for these estimates?

Wheres your documentation for these calims?

Your math, process, evidence.

Not saying I disagree with you (well, too much, last gen wasnt quite the leap many thought it was compared to the past) in the areas you have specified, many people would actually be surprised to know the actual difference of wii to 360 in some areas, but you have provided literally nothing, while Im fairly sure you actually have some basic calculations you can show people.

Although, you should research the difference between fixed function and programmable pipelines, that info would show you that no matter how much fillrate you gave the wii it could never outperform the 360's visuals because it was fixed, as far as features and graphical effects were concerned it was a one trick pony that was actually running out of tricks when the cube released.

I would stand by iwatas 20x wii though. Thats pretty legit all things considered.

Edited by 3Dude, 20 November 2012 - 09:03 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#54 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Let's start with the simple stuff, raw fillrate. The Wii's gpu has a 243MHz clock speed, 4 tmus and 8 rops. The 360's gpu has a 500MHz clock speed, 8 rops and 16 tmus. That's about 4x. Care to proceed?

#55 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Let's start with the simple stuff, raw fillrate. The Wii's gpu has a 243MHz clock speed, 4 tmus and 8 rops. The 360's gpu has a 500MHz clock speed, 8 rops and 16 tmus. That's about 4x. Care to proceed?

Of course! great so far.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#56 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I meant to say the Wii has 4 rops and 8 tmus.

As soon as my hand gets untired from typing on a ps vita, I'll post the rest of my figures.

#57 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

I meant to say the Wii has 4 rops and 8 tmus.

As soon as my hand gets untired from typing on a ps vita, I'll post the rest of my figures.

Its Okay, I wasnt going to point anything out until you were done anyways, I edit mistakes all the time, so just take your time.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#58 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'm perfectly satisfied with my wii u. Tekken seems to be running just fine. I dont know what your dead is Potato. If you really want a system that doesn't work get a crapbox360.

Signature_DK.png

#59 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I would like to know something before I proceed. Does the Wii's CPU have one thread or is it dual-threaded?

I'll work without knowing for now.

So the CPU is 7-15 times as powerful, the GPU is 4x as powerful at least, the memory bandwidth is 5 times as fast, the RAM is 6 times the amount. The speed difference of the system is likely the difference between the CPU and GPU. I have somehow come up with a magic number of around 7x in the past, and that's what I'll ballpark. Ultimately you will be disapointed in my figures, but it's what I estimate.

#60 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I would like to know something before I proceed. Does the Wii's CPU have one thread or is it dual-threaded?

I'll work without knowing for now.

So the CPU is 7-15 times as powerful, the GPU is 4x as powerful at least, the memory bandwidth is 5 times as fast, the RAM is 6 times the amount. The speed difference of the system is likely the difference between the CPU and GPU. I have somehow come up with a magic number of around 7x in the past, and that's what I'll ballpark. Ultimately you will be disapointed in my figures, but it's what I estimate.

Something important for your calculations. Broadway is an out of order cpu, Xenon is in order. Also, dont forget the branch predictors, VERY important, especially for xenon, kept the machine from getting anywhere CLOSE to its peak theoretical performance.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!