15 replies to this topic

#1 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

http://au.ign.com/ar...-3-wii-u-review

Please explain? from what I've been reading it has a lot of problems.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

It means that IGN liked the game. Just because a game has some technical hicups doesn't mean it can't be 9.5 material.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

It means that IGN liked the game. Just because a game has some technical hicups doesn't mean it can't be 9.5 material.

example: Skyrim, got a 9.5 but was the buggiest game in the history of gaming.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Sargon

Sargon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

This just shows the pure subjectiveness of reviews. I never base a purchase off a review score, but instead read the fine points of the review to determine whether what the reviewer is describing appeals to me. Some of my all-time favorite games reviewed very poorly but had small details in their reviews that caught my interest.

#5 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

They just gave every game port the same review and score and added in the wii u specs. Pure laziness.
Posted Image

#6 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

IGN's review of ME 3: Special Edition for the U is the equivalent of Michael Pachter's positive comment about Nintendo-- Hell freezes over.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#7 CaptainCrunchyFeet

CaptainCrunchyFeet

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I never trust game reviews unless its from a reviewer I know I can trust. IGN loved to give out wacky reviews.

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Yeah but the Wii U version isn't even bieng supported with future DLC, I'm the biggest Mass Effect fan you will find, I've put more than 1000 hours in across all 3, I've even read all the Graphic Novels, I've got all the achievments and completed all 3 100% on every difficulty and even I'm staying away from the Wii U version, it's a bunch of crap, FULL STOP.

#9 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

IGN kept the exact same scores for each ported game. Mass Effect 3 initially received a 9.5 for the 360/PS3/PC.
They're being lazy from what we see.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#10 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

it's a dodgey port of a good game, a lot buggier from what I've been reading so the score should be at least somewhat lower then the other versions of the game.

Edited by ianh05, 21 November 2012 - 09:33 PM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#11 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

Someone said it, but from the reviews I've read, it seems as if most reviews are copy and pasted from previous reviews from other systems. Also, someone else stated, it's not abnormal for IGN to give buggy games good scores, though I think laziness is the reason for the score.

Edited by Noonabites, 22 November 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#12 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yeah but the Wii U version isn't even bieng supported with future DLC, I'm the biggest Mass Effect fan you will find, I've put more than 1000 hours in across all 3, I've even read all the Graphic Novels, I've got all the achievments and completed all 3 100% on every difficulty and even I'm staying away from the Wii U version, it's a bunch of crap, FULL STOP.

I realy liked what you said about the Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U. I mite be able to shed some light on maybe the reason why Mass effect said to you Yeah but the Wii U version isn't even bieng supported with future DLC The boss of EBgames James told me they only made Mass Effect 3 as a Trilligy and there finished with the game. Also when I last played Mass Effect 3 on the xbox 360 a couple of months back no one was playing all the DLC packs so I couldn't find people to play with online, I ended up deleting my game add-ons so I could play with the other players. I think it's very good as Wii U has given us all the DLC from the word go as this removes that very problem. cya
kennypants is my http://www.godtube.com/ Channel
Posted Image

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hasn't IGN recently just been giving an un-scored review of Wii U ports and just handing it the score of the PS3/Xbox 360 versions instead?

At least, that's what I've been seeing.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

http://au.ign.com/ar...-3-wii-u-review

Please explain? from what I've been reading it has a lot of problems.

Its because EA has IGN's balls in a vice grip

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

WTF?

This is sheer doritogate BS, this is the most blatant example of being in a publishers pocket I have EVER seen.

Its the third game in a trilogy, WITHOUT the other 2 on the console its NOT getting future dlc support, the FREAKING TRILOGY is releasing on the ps3 for the SAME PRICE, 3x the mass effect games for the SAME PRICE, its optimized like crap, its audio, is crap (due to poor emulation of the 360 audio code instead of using the wii u's dedicated audio processor) its a big slap in the face to EVERYONE who buys it and then sees the freaking trilogy released on ps3, and it gets a freaking NINE?

Gee, I wonder why the ENTIRE NIntendo team from the beginning of this gen ALL up and left IGN at the same time this generation?

This is garbage. This is what is wrong with gaming journalism today. These guys are NOT on your side, they are NOT trying to truthfully cut through the marketing and pr hype to show you whats REALLY worth your money. They ARE just another branch of the marketing department.

Edited by 3Dude, 28 November 2012 - 04:42 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Preacher Ken

Preacher Ken

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hasn't IGN recently just been giving an un-scored review of Wii U ports and just handing it the score of the PS3/Xbox 360 versions instead?

At least, that's what I've been seeing.

This is what I think, big webpage companys are paid sponcership money by game companys to give the public what sells. Basicy you want the good news about Nintendo products you visit suported nintendo websites. You want to be told the bad image you goto websites that nintendo dose not fund. It's all about avertisement by brainwashing people with information that is viewed a centan way to produce a selling outcome. Please learn selective reading people and a bit of comman sents.
kennypants is my http://www.godtube.com/ Channel
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!