Photo

So for the final time I have to ask, should I get rid of my PS Vita?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: So for the final time I have to ask, should I get rid of my PS Vita? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get rid of my PS Vita?

1. Yes. (20 votes [52.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Voted No. (18 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

And you think the wii u doesn't have any gimmicks?
What does drawing similarities to other consoles have to add to the lack of sales of a console?

What are you talking about bro. We are on a WiiU forum, so I'm assuming that we all own WiiU's. You say that the Vita is a gimmicky console with no games, and I'm saying that many people say the same thing about the WiiU. So if you do own a WiiU than your argument is hypocritical. I don't remember ever bringing Vita sales into it. I took exception to you calling it gimmicky and bashing it for having no games. Btw I also get sick of hearing people talking about gimmicks in general because you could pretty much make that argument about practically any piece of tech on the planet....it is totally overdone.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 28 December 2012 - 01:05 PM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#62 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

like with the ps3 start slow but steady and build up cant wait and the console itself is just a beautiful peice of tech.

I fell for that with the PSP too.
Ended up alright, but destroyed by the better console.

Graphics will edge upto the PSV's level after 4 or 5 years even on a nintendo handheld, and then it will be too late for Sony to change the consoles fortunes.
They need to do it now, and not with home games, but with exclusive games that show now that it can do good, fun things.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#63 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

to be honest the only real challenge they have is mobiles as the 3ds is marketed to a completely different demographic and i do think they will step it up hence them bringing on the big guns like killzone and bioshock(hopefully).

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#64 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

What are you talking about bro. We are on a WiiU forum, so I'm assuming that we all own WiiU's. You say that the Vita is a gimmicky console with no games, and I'm saying that many people say the same thing about the WiiU. So if you do own a WiiU than your argument is hypocritical. I don't remember ever bringing Vita sales into it. I took exception to you calling it gimmicky and bashing it for having no games. Btw I also get sick of hearing people talking about gimmicks in general because you could pretty much make that argument about practically any piece of tech on the planet....it is totally overdone.

It's not hypocritical unless I say it doesn't effect the Wii U. I infact said the opposite.
The gimmicks are present in the Wii U, it certainly has some. Like off-tv play.
I enjoy gimmicks, I don't enjoy gimmicks. Depends on if they add anything fun to a game, in this case.

You quoted me saying the psv wasn't doing well sales-wise because all it had going for it at the moment was 2 sticks, fps' which fail even though it's been one of their main advertising campaigns, backtouch which has one maybe two competent games which use it, etc.
And then I did the old 3ds doomed argument of "Has No Games", because it has spinoffs, console ports, and some mediocre console games not really refined for on-the-go play.
Not many stand-out titles = no games.
It doesn't mean there are no games worth €10, or there's nothing coming.

Also, to me there's nothing of interest coming or here for the psv. I'm not spending 300 for LBP psv.

to be honest the only real challenge they have is mobiles as the 3ds is marketed to a completely different demographic and i do think they will step it up hence them bringing on the big guns like killzone and bioshock(hopefully).

I like what they're doing with giving away games on it, if you buy the ps3 version, but that doesn't really help them profit from it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#65 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

it could go two ways with it granted but im still really hopefull that it pays off in the end ill keep suporting it as its the most comfortable system for portable gaming ive found.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#66 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

It's not hypocritical unless I say it doesn't effect the Wii U. I infact said the opposite.
The gimmicks are present in the Wii U, it certainly has some. Like off-tv play.
I enjoy gimmicks, I don't enjoy gimmicks. Depends on if they add anything fun to a game, in this case.

You quoted me saying the psv wasn't doing well sales-wise because all it had going for it at the moment was 2 sticks, fps' which fail even though it's been one of their main advertising campaigns, backtouch which has one maybe two competent games which use it, etc.
And then I did the old 3ds doomed argument of "Has No Games", because it has spinoffs, console ports, and some mediocre console games not really refined for on-the-go play.
Not many stand-out titles = no games.
It doesn't mean there are no games worth €10, or there's nothing coming.

Also, to me there's nothing of interest coming or here for the psv. I'm not spending 300 for LBP psv.

I like what they're doing with giving away games on it, if you buy the ps3 version, but that doesn't really help them profit from it.

Ok I understand your point a little better...you don't like shoe horned gimmicks. I get that, but you have to admit that really comes down to how the developers choose to implement them into the control scheme. It's not totally fair to knock Sony or the Vita for including them. For the record I can't stand the back touchscreen....I bought the Vita for the big screen and dual analog sticks, and really I think Nintendo was beyond stupid for not including those on the 3DS. Just imagine how much better a game like Kid Icarus could have been. As far as the games go I guess it's to each his own as to whether the games are good or are suitable for being on a handheld. LBP, Ragnarok, Super Stardust, and Sound Shapes are absolutely perfect "handheld" style games, but I will admit that was a big concern of mine when I bought my Vita since I don't necessarily want a console experience on the go. Seriously though man, you don't think Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway look awesome?

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 28 December 2012 - 01:30 PM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#67 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

I saw the Japanese demo of soul sacrifice being played.
Looks okay but I don't like that style game, the book mechanic looks like it'd annoy me a lot, and it's in japanese.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!