Photo

So for the final time I have to ask, should I get rid of my PS Vita?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: So for the final time I have to ask, should I get rid of my PS Vita? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get rid of my PS Vita?

1. Yes. (20 votes [52.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Voted No. (18 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

When did I say the gimmick was stopping it from selling?
I said the console is a gimmick because all it has is "POWER". You agreed didn't you?
Has No Games.

You know what the PSV really needs?
A 15 year lifecycle.
It'll be cheap enough by year 5 to sell crazy, and then developers can learn how to use the gimmick.

Edited by Nollog, 04 December 2012 - 08:47 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#42 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

I said the console is a gimmick because all it has is "POWER". You agreed didn't you?
Has No Games.

A 15 year lifecycle.
It'll be cheap enough by year 5 to sell crazy, and then developers can learn how to use the gimmick.

Shh, Sony would never use the word "Gimmick" for their original, innovative technologies!

Edited by Gaymer, 04 December 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#43 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Has No Games.

A 15 year lifecycle.

No your implying the "power" is a gimmick...Which doesnt make sense. If sony had a gimmick for the vita it be "a portable PS3"

I agree there isnt enough EXCLUSIVE content for the Vita. If the vita doesnt sell well next year why would developer make games for a console with a small user base no matter how cheap it is? doesnt make much business sense. However the features of the Vita surpassed the 3ds in so many way but the content isnt there PERIOD.
Posted Image

#44 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Sony can spur an uptake (with a few first party games) along with a pricecut in a few years time which would encourage third parties to develop for it, if they get it installed in enough peoples faces.

Edited by Nollog, 04 December 2012 - 09:08 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#45 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

With Nex Gen consoles from MS and Sony i doubt that will happen.
Posted Image

#46 chipy

chipy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

there is still some good games on vita, uncharted was great and there bound to make a second, also taking the wii u on a car journey or plane isn't going to work, so id keep it for some on the move gaming.
but hey its your choice and your hardware

either way have fun!
J1zzyT1ssue so add me for a game

#47 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

i would never sell my vita it has some great games coming for it and sony is well known for being a slow starter nobody has even learned how to fully utilise all its features yet give it a chance just look at the ps3 everybody said the same of that and now that has some of the best exclusives around.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#48 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Has No Games.

All the Vita has is power, a beautiful large touchscreen, a rear touchscreen, dual analog sticks, Ragnarok Odyssey, Gravity Rush, AC:Liberation, possibly the best version of Little Big Planet, the best version of Sound Shapes, PSN trophies, a nice version of Playstation Allstars that has crossplay with the PS3, Super Stardust Delta, Tearaway on the way, Killzone on the way, Soul Sacrifice on the way, and Crossplay Sly Cooper on the way. Yeah it's all gimmick and no games :unsure: You do realize that you are on a WiiU forum right....uninformed people out there have been known to say the same things about the WiiU minus the power part of course.

i would never sell my vita it has some great games coming for it and sony is well known for being a slow starter nobody has even learned how to fully utilise all its features yet give it a chance just look at the ps3 everybody said the same of that and now that has some of the best exclusives around.

Seriously Tearaway is one of my most anticipated games of 2013 on any platform.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 28 December 2012 - 07:57 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#49 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

killzone mercenary is what im waiting for looks amazing.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#50 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

The Vita absolutely annihilates the 3DS imo......hardware and games are no contest.

killzone mercenary is what im waiting for looks amazing.

That one won't be a pre order for me because I will want to see the reviews first...CoD and Resistance were such duds.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#51 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

those two were made by nihilistic and they really really suck at making games im hoping guerilla are making it who are awesome i will do a little research.

yep its guerilla making it so im a lot more hopefull for it little write up for it here.

http://gamerant.com/...mercenary-vita/

Edited by taz546565, 28 December 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#52 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Just put my vita on eBay. I constantly sell the 3ds for a vita then go back. Have done this 3 times. This time I am sticking with 3ds. It is selling waaaay better and I generally enjoy its games much much more.

#53 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

those two were made by nihilistic and they really really suck at making games im hoping guerilla are making it who are awesome i will do a little research.

yep its guerilla making it so im a lot more hopefull for it little write up for it here.

http://gamerant.com/...mercenary-vita/

Yeah I'm hoping that the issue was with the developer, and not that making an effective FPS on Vita is more difficult than we thought it would be. Thanks for the link, but it does have me a little concerned about the touchscreen swipe for melees. Hopefully you can map a button for that instead.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#54 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

yeah nihilistic are bloody awful and its made a bad first impression of the system but i trust guerilla to redeem it.

#55 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Well it certainly looks like they have given the game plenty of love in terms of development time. That game was announced before the Vita ever launched. This is in contrast, of course, to CoD which couldn't have been in development for more than 9 months.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#56 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

if that i actually stupidly bought cod and its a pile of dollop cannot believe how badly it plays.

#57 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

*gimmicks and "on the way"s*

Yeah.!

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#58 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Yeah.!

I guess I'm with the guy above. I fail to see how raw power, touchscreens, and dual analog sticks are gimmicks. They are pretty much the norm. Yes, some pretty strong "on the ways" that have been in development for quite some time, and look very likely to justify my purchase of a Vita if another single game never got released on the platform. Btw again the same can be said for your WiiU.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#59 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

I guess I'm with the guy above. I fail to see how raw power, touchscreens, and dual analog sticks are gimmicks. They are pretty much the norm. Yes, some pretty strong "on the ways" that have been in development for quite some time, and look very likely to justify my purchase of a Vita if another single game never got released on the platform. Btw again the same can be said for your WiiU.

And you think the wii u doesn't have any gimmicks?
What does drawing similarities to other consoles have to add to the lack of sales of a console?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#60 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

like with the ps3 start slow but steady and build up cant wait and the console itself is just a beautiful peice of tech.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!