Photo

So for the final time I have to ask, should I get rid of my PS Vita?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: So for the final time I have to ask, should I get rid of my PS Vita? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get rid of my PS Vita?

1. Yes. (20 votes [52.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Voted No. (18 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

I have played many games for the PS Vita and have traded them all. I now have no games for it and use it as a web browser. It works about 50% of this time for this website and it's what I use it for the most.

If I trade off my PS Vita, the result will be that you'll see me less often on here during the day and more often on here at night when I'm on my computer.

If I trade it off, I will get $150 trade-in credit which I will apply to Wii U copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Assassins Creed 3, and Madden 13.

Edited by PotatoHog, 22 November 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#2 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

If you only use it as a web browser, it's pointless to not sell it. You can use your Wii U as a web browser! :P

#3 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Decide for yourself. We don't know what is more important to you.

Edited by Press, 22 November 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hmm, you may find games later down the track that you want for the Vita, and lol Madden 13. That's all I'm gonna say.

To be honest, in the same boat. I'm contemplating whether or not to sell my 3DS for Wii U cash.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

To be honest, in the same boat. I'm contemplating whether or not to sell my 3DS for Wii U cash.

If you do, you might want to trade it into Gamestop on Black Friday. They will give you double the trade-in credit although you might still be able to sell it to a friend for more.

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

OH YEAH!

COZ WE TOTALLY HAVE GAMESTOP IN AUSTRALIA!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Oops. I forgot about that.

About the Madden 13 game, I have it for Wii. But I figure I should trade the Wii version off for the better-compared-to-it Wii U version and get a little trade-in credit toward it.

Edited by PotatoHog, 22 November 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

You're on a Nintendo forum, of course everyone is going to want you to sell your Vita. I would of said no.

With all the games already out AC3, PS All Stars, CoD BOD. And in the future Killzone, I don't know.

But since you're getting them for Wii U games, SELL IT!!!

Edited by nintendo3DS, 22 November 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

If vita sales keep going the way they are at the moment it wouldnt suprise me if by the end of next year its stopped being produced. Sell it while its worth something.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Oops. I forgot about that.

About the Madden 13 game, I have it for Wii. But I figure I should trade the Wii version off for the better-compared-to-it Wii U version and get a little trade-in credit toward it.

yes they'll give you 18 bux.

#11 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Well to be honest I thought now was the time to get a Vita, with Black Ops declassified and AC Liberation. Unfortunately these games got horrible reviews (a 42 minute campaign!)and non of the games out interest me at all and I see nothing for it in the near future. I say use the credit for those 3 games.

In somewhat related news I just bought a PS3 for 200 bucks and can catch up on all those exclusives :P

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Personally, I hate selling systems simply because of the thought that something good may come down the line in the future.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

I wouldn't. The Vita isn't doing so great, it's true, but Sony does have a good track record in supporting their systems for a long time. The PSP was getting some pretty awesome games very late into its life and if it weren't for this philosophy then the PS3 wouldn't have had its 2008-2009 revival that was really great for the console. Plus, while they're a bit thin on the ground right now, when you DO get those rare great Vita games, it's tremendous fun.

#14 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

the problem is the lack of good games, there is an Assasins creed and a Call of duty, 2 famous franchises but those are 2 low budged mediocre games, for me the only good games on the vita right now are the fighting games theres a TON already:

UMVSC 3, MK, SF X T, All starts battle royale

if you like fighting games keep it if not....

My most played game in my 3ds is Super Street Fghter 3d :P, 78 hours

Edited by Stormage09, 23 November 2012 - 02:52 AM.

Posted Image

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

My personal opinion, the PSVita has been an overpriced door stop ever since it came out, even in Japan IT'S HOME COUNTRY the PSP still outsells it, and well the 3DS is wiping the floor with it, I don't know what was running through Sony's head when they made this thing but it couldn't have been good, if it carries on and Sony release an overpriced PS4 they won't be round much longer, in 5 years time it will just be Nintendo and Micro$oft, I say sell it, in my opinion. Wow the next few years in the industry should be very interesting indeed.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 23 November 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Unless you completely hate the Vita I would give it a chance.

Signature_DK.png

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

I paid for mines so im going to keep it. Never know what might come out later.
Yes i havent turn on my vita on in a couple months but when and if another good games come out i will still have the vita to buy them.

but to each there own. If you dont think anything is coming out and you would much better like the wii u games then go for it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

I was debating this too. I have 4 games or so for Vita. The best in my opinion is Metal Gear Solid HD collection.. .and those are PS2 games. My Vita is only used for Netflix on the go or when the TVs are taken in the house. I do love playing Mortal Kombat on it.
I decided to keep it just incase something good does come out for it, and the tablet like features it does have.

I hate selling consoles too. thought about trading my Wii in for penny's im sure, when the Wii U came out but i still go it haha.

Edited by Jeremygts, 26 November 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#19 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Had mine from day 1. I was thinking I'd have sold it along time ago if the wife hadn't bought it me, but really thinking about it, it's great little system-just needs more quality games.

#20 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would not be asking other people to decide whether or not you should keep your Vita. Playstation Plus alone is a very good reason to keep it. That is, if you have PS+. There are exclusives on the Vita that you can not get anywhere else. Personally, I would keep it so I would not miss out on any good games. But this your device, and it is your decision to make.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!