#21 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

The load times don't bug me either, but I do hope Nintendo does make an update that pretty much cuts off the slow loading so others will be happy.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#22 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

I don't even notice that its slow. People mother doged about it since day one for no reason at all other than to have something to cry about.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#23 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I don't even notice that its slow. People mother doged about it since day one for no reason at all other than to have something to cry about.

Click into System Settings. Wait 15 seconds. Now click Back. Wait 20 seconds. That's slow, and everyone is affected. Nintendo is aware of the issue and will patch it, but it's a real annoyance to have to wait for something to load when I never wait to go into screens like that on my 360.
Posted Image

#24 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Well you no what the difference is........ The wii u isn't made by Microsoft. If every game console was the same then there would be no competition. I to have the 360 and also the ps3, But i recognise the wii u is not trying to be like the other consoles.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#25 Triggy1987

Triggy1987

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have been reading that people have been complaining about slow load times, i don't think they are slow at all, i remember when i had my amstrad 464 and had to wait for my tape to load the game, or when i had an atari and had to type the code in for a game to worj. Now that was slow, somin other wors people relax and dont want everything straight away good things come to those that wait. Rant over lol

Also dont type on ipad spelling is wrong

I was only young but we had an Amstrad too, I remember having to wait for the pixels to load line by line on the screen XD I spent many hours of fun playing it with my dad, and after that we got a commodore 64 :D I feel old, I'm only 25 lol.

Edited by Triggy1987, 04 December 2012 - 03:59 PM.

Over 9k subs, Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/c3cvsep

#26 Brumfc4life

Brumfc4life

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Well the slow loading time works in my favour, i can go get another beer out of the fridge and not worry about missing anything lol
Username brumfc4life

#27 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Well the slow loading time works in my favour, i can go get another beer out of the fridge and not worry about missing anything lol

:laugh: That or a quick RR break.
Posted Image

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Oh yea remember the PS3's drought of games and the whole RROD fiasco, I know people to date who have got through seven of the buggers, they were HARDWARE FAULTS, the whole bricking of the sytems is due to people turning off the Wii U and not using common sense, loads of gadgets brick these days if you do that, the freezes are SOFTWARE PROBLEMS THAT CAN BE FIXED IN A PATCH, get your facts straight.

I don't need to get my facts straight. There was no drought of games on the PS3 and even if there was what does that have to do with technical or hardware issues. Yes the red rings of death was an issue on the Xbox but it was the only issue. Other then that the Xbox worked just fine with a speedy UI and fast downloading. The PS3 was also just fine with no serious or common issues. I'm still on my launch PS3. The Wii U has far more problems most of which it shouldn't have in the first place. You seem to be brain washed about the Wii U and seem to think that either Nintendo can do no wrong or if they do it excusable as it will be fixed eventually. That's just blind sighted. Nintendo is still doing things by halves and hasn't learnt how to compete against Sony and Microsoft. Don't get me wrong. I've been a Nintendo fan since the NES which was the first console I owned and I have owned virtually every Nintendo console since. They have some the best first party franchises. However when it comes to hardware design and performance they are still behind their competitors.

#29 susanmary428

susanmary428

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I think that Nintendo can only improve if we, the users, are honest about the product. One for which we've all spent a great deal of money. Overall, and in the big picture, I am extremely happy with my Wii U. I have had great fun with it. Are the load times slow? Yes. To compare the load times on a 2012 console to ones that were in use 20 years ago is absurd. The technology should not be comparable. That said, I also don't think the argument that "PS3 does this" or "XBox does that" is fair either. Nintendo, like Apple, is trying to differentiate itself. But Nintendo, like Apple, unfortunately tends to have a fan-base who feels it can do no wrong sometimes. We are doing a disservice to the brand we love if we choose to downplay or overlook the negative, out of fear that others will look down on our choice. Nintendo is aware of the slow load times. They will fix it. We are the early adopters, the ones who purchased at launch or shortly thereafter. That means that there will be problems that people who purchase 6 months from now will not encounter.
Playing Nintendo for 25 years...playing Nintendo for 50 more! @rainbow_spark

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4860-6744 / Nintendo Network ID: suzy_jose

#30 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

I don't need to get my facts straight. There was no drought of games on the PS3 and even if there was what does that have to do with technical or hardware issues. Yes the red rings of death was an issue on the Xbox but it was the only issue. Other then that the Xbox worked just fine with a speedy UI and fast downloading. The PS3 was also just fine with no serious or common issues. I'm still on my launch PS3. The Wii U has far more problems most of which it shouldn't have in the first place. You seem to be brain washed about the Wii U and seem to think that either Nintendo can do no wrong or if they do it excusable as it will be fixed eventually. That's just blind sighted. Nintendo is still doing things by halves and hasn't learnt how to compete against Sony and Microsoft. Don't get me wrong. I've been a Nintendo fan since the NES which was the first console I owned and I have owned virtually every Nintendo console since. They have some the best first party franchises. However when it comes to hardware design and performance they are still behind their competitors.

Posted Image

#31 Brumfc4life

Brumfc4life

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

I was not comparing current technology with something 20 years ago, i was given an example of what a slow load time is, 15 seconds isnt long when you really think about it,
Username brumfc4life

#32 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Click into System Settings. Wait 15 seconds. Now click Back. Wait 20 seconds. That's slow, and everyone is affected. Nintendo is aware of the issue and will patch it, but it's a real annoyance to have to wait for something to load when I never wait to go into screens like that on my 360.

This.

It's appallingly slow. 15 seconds just to get into system settings, then another 15 second to go back to the home screen. Anything like that is almost instantaneous on the PS3, 360 and has been since launch day, not like it had to be patched to make it faster.

#33 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

I was not comparing current technology with something 20 years ago, i was given an example of what a slow load time is, 15 seconds isnt long when you really think about it,

15 seconds isn't that long? Read what I write:
1 Mississippi
2 Mississippi
3 Mississippi
4 Mississippi
5 Mississippi
6 Mississippi
7 Mississippi
8 Mississippi
9 Mississippi
10 Mississippi
11 Mississippi
12 Mississippi
13 Mississippi
14 Mississippi
15 Mississippi

Now your Wii U is in System Settings. Now count to 20 Mississippi and you can be back on the home screen. Fun, isn't it? Perhaps it's so much fun they actually wanted this to be a game!
Posted Image

#34 Brumfc4life

Brumfc4life

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Defo should be a game, then I can buy it for my daughter when she learns to count
Username brumfc4life

#35 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

15 seconds isn't that long? Read what I write:
1 Mississippi
2 Mississippi
3 Mississippi
4 Mississippi
5 Mississippi
6 Mississippi
7 Mississippi
8 Mississippi
9 Mississippi
10 Mississippi
11 Mississippi
12 Mississippi
13 Mississippi
14 Mississippi
15 Mississippi

Now your Wii U is in System Settings. Now count to 20 Mississippi and you can be back on the home screen. Fun, isn't it? Perhaps it's so much fun they actually wanted this to be a game!

Maybe not for you. It's long for me and a lot of others.

#36 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Maybe not for you. It's long for me and a lot of others.

Hmm looks like my intent didn't come across correctly.
I was intending to say 15 seconds is long, hence counting to 15 mississippi takes longer than loading a menu should.
Posted Image

#37 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hmm looks like my intent didn't come across correctly.
I was intending to say 15 seconds is long, hence counting to 15 mississippi takes longer than loading a menu should.

Ah OK. It looks like I misunderstood you. Thought you were saying its not long. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!