Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

-CPU: 4-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore(a friend of mines told me it's capable of 1.2 ghz but it's underclocked at 600-800 mhz.

-GPU: 4-core SGX543MP4+(don't know much about the gpu. I think it's normally clocked at 200 mhz(6.4 GFLOPS) per core. It's also capable of direct x 9 and open gl 2.1.

RAM: 512 MB of system RAM(256 MB Mobile DDR2-S4 SDRAM Memory die) and 128 MB of VRAM( Mobile SDR SDRAM)
Screen: 960 × 544 qHD @ 220 ppi

Specs above^

I haven't seen any threads on how powerful the Vita is, so I thought it'd be interesting to debate and get people's perspective on the handheld. Do you think it's as powerful as a PS3? Comparable to the 360? Hopefully we can have a clean and nice debate that doesn't turn into a war.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Sorry but there is no real way the Vita is as powerful as the PS3/360.

Edited by PotatoHog, 05 December 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Can't stand the Vita at all, complete and utter FLOP. In my opinion of course.

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Can't stand the Vita at all, complete and utter FLOP. In my opinion of course.

I've owned one and like I said, it has two good games - Gravity Rush, and Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS3 Disgaea 3 with free DLC).

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is also a good game.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

I have the 3G launch Vita and the White AC3:L one, i like them a lot. As powerful as 360/ps3, no not at all. but for a handheld it is def a console experience on the go. NFS:MW is amazing on the Vita, full blown console port with close to console graphics, exciting gameplay and good framerate, only thing it lacks from the console is a little less traffic on the streets and no water droplets on the screen, and i think some reflections on the water puddles on the street are missing. The reason it turned out so well was that it was made in house by Criterion and wasnt subbed out to some sub par dev to shove out some half @$$ port to make a quick buck (CoD:declassified).

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

If the Vita were anything as powerful as the PS3 it would probably set fire to your pants.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

The PSVita is somewhere in between the PS2 and PS3 in power range. It is a great handheld that is suffering from no support. Japanese developers are still latched onto the safe bet of putting out games on the PSP, and face it...Western developers never been huge on handhelds. The Vita is sinking and I don't know if it can be saved.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

The ps vita is really powerful I wish sony would get the update out so we can finnaly play ps3 games on the vita as promised. If you google it theres a hack were people are playing battlefeild 3 on the psvita and other ps3 games and it looks amazing.

Edited by angelo07stang, 06 December 2012 - 10:18 AM.

Posted Image

#10 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

I had a vita (which I sold when I got the Wii U). It is no where near as powerful as the consoles out today. Graphically even titles created specifically for the Vita have graphics between the PS2 and low end PS3 games.

The biggest flaw is that all the major titles are not the full games they are simply hacked together titles loosely related to the full games. Example Black Ops Declassified (terrible small multiplayer maps, subpar graphics) and Assasins Creed Liberation (bad graphics, short game). Sure I got the full game with Need For Speed Most Wanted but graphics and frame rates were crap.

I owned 12 games when I sold the VIta and there wasn't one that I thought was worth keeping the Vita for.

The ps vita is really powerful I wish nintendo would get the update out so we can finnaly play ps3 games on the vita as promised. If you google it theres a hack were people are playing battlefeild 3 on the psvita and other ps3 games and it looks amazing.

You meant Sony..... also those hacks are using remote play which is essentially using the Vita as a gamepad for the PS3 (you can;t go out of Wifi Range of the console), which means you bought a $250 gamepad that will only work with whatever titles that Sony deems are acceptable for remote play (if they ever even launch it).
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#11 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I had a vita (which I sold when I got the Wii U). It is no where near as powerful as the consoles out today. Graphically even titles created specifically for the Vita have graphics between the PS2 and low end PS3 games.

The biggest flaw is that all the major titles are not the full games they are simply hacked together titles loosely related to the full games. Example Black Ops Declassified (terrible small multiplayer maps, subpar graphics) and Assasins Creed Liberation (bad graphics, short game). Sure I got the full game with Need For Speed Most Wanted but graphics and frame rates were crap.

I owned 12 games when I sold the VIta and there wasn't one that I thought was worth keeping the Vita for.

You meant Sony..... also those hacks are using remote play which is essentially using the Vita as a gamepad for the PS3 (you can;t go out of Wifi Range of the console), which means you bought a $250 gamepad that will only work with whatever titles that Sony deems are acceptable for remote play (if they ever even launch it).

Yeah supposbly the the ps vita is supposed to be the ps4s game pad second screen and have a big part with the ps4 so that will be nice if true. I cant wait for the killzone game for vita google it and look for the trailer its ps3 quality graphics and looks amazing

Edited by angelo07stang, 06 December 2012 - 10:20 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

I only use the Vita to watch netflix. Im on chapter 6 of Gravity Rush and havent touched it since it launched.
Play Mortal Kombat every now and then. Metal Gear Solid HD collection is the best game ive got for it and they are PS2 ports.

I think the Vita had the potential to be a good hand held but Sony had no idea what they wanted to do with it.
The 3DS which is not as powerful is selling like hot cakes, has better games. I have way more games for 3DS than I do for Vita.

I almost want to trade in my Vita and put the cash towards some Wii U games but i hate getting rid of consoles.

#13 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Man oh man what is with the Vita hate? You guys do know that there are a ton of Wii U haters out there that say the same thing about the Wii U as you guys are saying about the Vita....no games. Mortal Kombat, Uncharted, Sound Shapes, MLB The Show, AC:Liberation, Ragnarok Odyssey, Little Big Planet Vita, Playstation Allstars, Super Stardust Delta, and Gravity Rush are all great handheld games. In fact, I will go as far as to say that lineup is far superior to that of the 3DS.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 06 December 2012 - 01:07 PM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#14 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Man oh man what is with the Vita hate? You guys do know that there are a ton of Wii U haters out there that say the same thing about the Wii U as you guys are saying about the Vita....no games. Mortal Kombat, Uncharted, Sound Shapes, MLB The Show, AC:Liberation, Ragnarok Odyssey, Little Big Planet Vita, Playstation Allstars, Super Stardust Delta, and Gravity Rush are all great handheld games. In fact, I will go as far as to say that lineup is far superior to that of the 3DS.

Sales of the 3DS say otherwise about the game line up. Mortal Kombat cut scenes are great! As soon as they end and you go into a fight the character models look like pure crap. Metal Gear Solid HD looks the best and its a port. The games are lacking. PSP was the same way. I only played SNES games on it. I wouldnt get rid of the Vita as i know ONE day something good will come out for it.

#15 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

the vita only seems good if you want a normal console but on the go

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#16 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Sales of the 3DS say otherwise about the game line up. Mortal Kombat cut scenes are great! As soon as they end and you go into a fight the character models look like pure crap. Metal Gear Solid HD looks the best and its a port. The games are lacking. PSP was the same way. I only played SNES games on it. I wouldnt get rid of the Vita as i know ONE day something good will come out for it.

I guess it all depends on what you like. Since I got my Vita I have barely powered up my 3DS except for the occasional Kid Icarus session. That game, btw, was the only one that has had any legs for me at all. Both Marios and Mario Kart were totally disappointing imo.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#17 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

I guess it all depends on what you like. Since I got my Vita I have barely powered up my 3DS except for the occasional Kid Icarus session. That game, btw, was the only one that has had any legs for me at all. Both Marios and Mario Kart were totally disappointing imo.

Lol. I go through spurts. Sometimes ill fire up the Vita to play a quick few rounds of challenge tower on MK. And sometimes ill bust out some coin rush on NSMB2. But I always watch netflix/videos on Vita... So I enjoy both for different things.

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

If sales continue how they are, i doubt they will even make games for it in just over a years time, let alone use it as a controller for the ps4.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

If sales continue how they are, i doubt they will even make games for it in just over a years time, let alone use it as a controller for the ps4.

I dont see why they dont add this function to the PS3 now. I know you can do remote play but there has to be more too it.

#20 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

The main thing that pushed me over the edge from being disappointed in my Vita to hating it was Black Ops Declassified. They put the nuketown map in there.......but cut it in half.....the smallest friggin FPS map ever and they made it even smaller. Its like playing a FPS where the map is a walk in closet, absolutely ridiculous. Made me realize that the games aren't going to get any closer to console quality they are just going to keep being half assed titles.

Edited by aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na, 06 December 2012 - 02:51 PM.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!