#21 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

I dont see why they dont add this function to the PS3 now. I know you can do remote play but there has to be more too it.

Because the Ps3 is on its downhill now, Sony will be spending the majority of there resources on development of the next console.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#22 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is also a good game.

But isn't it the same as the others with new characters? I don't think that counts. lol

#23 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

LittleBig Planer, Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Gold, Uncharted GA and the list goes on. Vita is a very underrated console atm and will be as to the 3ds as the psp was to the ds. Meaning it will do well but it will not sell anywhere near as well. Only imho of course.

Powerwise it is disappointing and much like the wiiu is not as powerful as it was originally hinted to be. Hwoever it is small and excellent if you travel semi-regularly. I just can't see any non nintendo hand held doing extremely well in a world with ipads etc.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 07 December 2012 - 02:40 AM.

#24 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

The main thing that pushed me over the edge from being disappointed in my Vita to hating it was Black Ops Declassified. They put the nuketown map in there.......but cut it in half.....the smallest friggin FPS map ever and they made it even smaller. Its like playing a FPS where the map is a walk in closet, absolutely ridiculous. Made me realize that the games aren't going to get any closer to console quality they are just going to keep being half assed titles.

Yeah they really did blow that one. The thing is as soon as we heard Nihilistic got that project the writing was on the wall for that game. i know it wasn't Sony's responsibility to oversee that project since it was an Activision game, but given the boost that it could have given the Vita, I blame them for not being more involved to make sure it went well. When the Vita came out people were excited about the prospect of FPS' on the go, and now all that hope falls on Killzone.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#25 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

I had a vita (which I sold when I got the Wii U). It is no where near as powerful as the consoles out today. Graphically even titles created specifically for the Vita have graphics between the PS2 and low end PS3 games.

The biggest flaw is that all the major titles are not the full games they are simply hacked together titles loosely related to the full games. Example Black Ops Declassified (terrible small multiplayer maps, subpar graphics) and Assasins Creed Liberation (bad graphics, short game). Sure I got the full game with Need For Speed Most Wanted but graphics and frame rates were crap.

The main thing that pushed me over the edge from being disappointed in my Vita to hating it was Black Ops Declassified. They put the nuketown map in there.......but cut it in half.....the smallest friggin FPS map ever and they made it even smaller. Its like playing a FPS where the map is a walk in closet, absolutely ridiculous. Made me realize that the games aren't going to get any closer to console quality they are just going to keep being half assed titles.

No offense, but what do you expect from handheld devices? Do you not know how much power your consoles drawl from your wall jack alone to make those sub-par graphics, yet alone a handheld. Any handheld device is going to always be older technology aimed more at an eco-friendly power consumption to maintain the ideal of the device "portable". (Look at the Vita now with how some graphical games can burn your battery in like three hours). Perhaps you would want to lug around a brick of a device everywhere? You will say, well you can get a external battery pack or the Nyko power grip. Though who honesty in their right mind wants to make the device bigger so they can not fit it in their pockets or have more things taking up pocket space. With cellphones, keys, and whatever else your carrying I doubt you want twenty more things to go on top of that.

Edited by UnholyVision, 07 December 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#26 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

No offense, but what do you expect from handheld devices? Do you not know how much power your consoles drawl from your wall jack alone to make those sub-par graphics, yet alone a handheld. Any handheld device is going to always be older technology aimed more at an eco-friendly power consumption to maintain the ideal of the device "portable". (Look at the Vita now with how some graphical games can burn your battery in like three hours). Perhaps you would want to lug around a brick of a device everywhere? You will say, well you can get a external battery pack or the Nyko power grip. Though who honesty in their right mind wants to make the device bigger so they can not fit it in their pockets or have more things taking up pocket space. With cellphones, keys, and whatever else your carrying I doubt you want twenty more things to go on top of that.

Sure i know all of those things, I also know that the graphics on some of my iOS games are way better than the best Vita offerings, in a device that is 1/4 the thickness with better battery life, the only thing missing are physical controls. You act like the technology isn't there and that simply isn't the case at all.

I expect that the Vita should be able to handle itself better than a cellphone or tablet seeing as though it is a device dedicated to one sole purpose, gaming. And Sony marketed it as a "console experience" and that its just like playing your PS3 on the go, which are extremely overstated if not just blatant lies.
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#27 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Sure i know all of those things, I also know that the graphics on some of my iOS games are way better than the best Vita offerings, in a device that is 1/4 the thickness with better battery life, the only thing missing are physical controls. You act like the technology isn't there and that simply isn't the case at all.

I expect that the Vita should be able to handle itself better than a cellphone or tablet seeing as though it is a device dedicated to one sole purpose, gaming. And Sony marketed it as a "console experience" and that its just like playing your PS3 on the go, which are extremely overstated if not just blatant lies.

In terms of consoles the technology is sort of there to be shrunk, but, for example, even on most CPU's they go through multiple versions before they redesign for a more green version. Which takes forever to release as is. Specially when the company is aimed at getting its money for what it spent in components to make said parts to begin with. :rolleyes:

What rock have you crawled out from under? Marketing is marketing, it is full of lies to attract a customer. With all those catching sayings, themes, or whatever. Then on that note, when has Sony really pushed advertisements for the Vita? Last I heard of an actual television one was games (Games not the device itself) and then like an ad in the UK (not sure if any other parts of Europe). Sony has not gone hardcore ad slots like Nintendo for the Wii U. Heck I turn on the tube at set times & see about two or three Wii U advertisements. (Not the most compelling, but still an advertisement).

#28 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Most of the issues with the Vita are developer related. The poor Vita has a total catch 22 going on right now. The installed base sucks so the developers put no resources into developing the games, and out pops half assed ports and lazy games. Games like LBP, Gravity Rush, and AC 3:Liberation(minus the framerate issues) show that the handheld is capable of so much more. That is why I was so angry at Sony for not watching over the Black Ops project. That game had a real chance to increase the installed base, and nobody cared enough to give it the proper treatment.

In terms of consoles the technology is sort of there to be shrunk, but, for example, even on most CPU's they go through multiple versions before they redesign for a more green version. Which takes forever to release as is. Specially when the company is aimed at getting its money for what it spent in components to make said parts to begin with. :rolleyes:

What rock have you crawled out from under? Marketing is marketing, it is full of lies to attract a customer. With all those catching sayings, themes, or whatever. Then on that note, when has Sony really pushed advertisements for the Vita? Last I heard of an actual television one was games (Games not the device itself) and then like an ad in the UK (not sure if any other parts of Europe). Sony has not gone hardcore ad slots like Nintendo for the Wii U. Heck I turn on the tube at set times & see about two or three Wii U advertisements. (Not the most compelling, but still an advertisement).

Yeah I hear you on this one. I knew that the Vita was going to have an uphill battle when I saw Sony's treatment of it at E3. The big sign at the Sony booth said "Never Stop Playing" and I assumed that meant that they were going to have a strong Vita showing. Instead they spent all of 3 minutes on it. Sony has bungled the Vita horribly.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 07 December 2012 - 10:25 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#29 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

What are you talking about? The CPU/GPU technology is here and has been here for years to put close to console quality graphics into hand held devices (hence my example of iOS games that are graphically superior to the Vita), and the battery tech is certainly there for those graphically intensive games to be played on a device the size of the Vita . What does "green tech" have to do with that? If I can buy a iPod touch that does all kinds of stuff for the same price as a Vita and then download a iOS game that is graphically superior to the best Vita titles there is definitely a problem with that dedicated gaming device.

The Vita isn't suffering because the technology isn't there the Vita is suffering mostly because developers are developing crappy half assed titles for the platform. The graphic problem would be minimal if they offered the full gaming experience of the console titles on the Vita (example, screw Black Ops Declassified, put Black Ops 2 on there, put Assassins Creed 3 on there, Give it the full Uncharted Titles). Now LBP is a good example of a game that is very close to equal with its console counterpart so it clearly can be done.

As far as the marketing aspect, I am not naive to the marketing gimmicks that every corporation uses to draw customers in, but if you want a viable platform that will last a long time and continue to draw in new customers and game developers you better deliver on those promises. Sony clearly has not delivered what they are trying to push with their marketing campaigns.

Edited by aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na, 07 December 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#30 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

What are you talking about? The CPU/GPU technology is here and has been here for years to put close to console quality graphics into hand held devices (hence my example of iOS games that are graphically superior to the Vita), and the battery tech is certainly there for those graphically intensive games to be played on a device the size of the Vita . What does "green tech" have to do with that? If I can buy a iPod touch that does all kinds of stuff for the same price as a Vita and then download a iOS game that is graphically superior to the best Vita titles there is definitely a problem with that dedicated gaming device.

The Vita isn't suffering because the technology isn't there the Vita is suffering mostly because developers are developing crappy half assed titles for the platform. The graphic problem would be minimal if they offered the full gaming experience of the console titles on the Vita (example, screw Black Ops Declassified, put Black Ops 2 on there, put Assassins Creed 3 on there, Give it the full Uncharted Titles). Now LBP is a good example of a game that is very close to equal with its console counterpart so it clearly can be done.

As far as the marketing aspect, I am not naive to the marketing gimmicks that every corporation uses to draw customers in, but if you want a viable platform that will last a long time and continue to draw in new customers and game developers you better deliver on those promises. Sony clearly has not delivered what they are trying to push with their marketing campaigns.

I am sort of going to rough draft this reply per se.
Green tech mindset is the ideal of reduction in power consumption. Higher end parts that have not saturated on the market overtime take a ton of power. Companies tend to lower prices on said products to a degree, but do not invest heavily into reductions in sizes of products, power consumption, et cetera if they have not met a said quota to invest in further development. Change a product around still cost money.

iOS is an OS not a device. Complaining that a piece of software can run better on one device with the same OS compared to another is silly. Not all of these games are able to run on each individual device, unless the software team developed a version and/or down/upscale of the said resolutions. Which would mean nothing if the hardware could not handle it. Comparing a iPad or any larger device with more room to work in to support larger parts to a smaller device is silly. For example, the iPad has no buttons, back touch pad, or as small as the Vita so it has more room for larger batteries and other components. Not to mention your expecting some great power out of a battery.

This is how much room they had to work with in a Vita in terms of components. They had to spend money to redesign stuff just to fit the device more than they would the iPad. Less room equals more money in development & a company is not making themselves bankrupt if they are already riding on some flagship their loosing cash for as is. (Not the best iPad picture, but still shows the superior room to shove components into).
Posted Image Posted Image

(On the note of batteries, size matters. If we could condense the cells so bloody well, electric cars could have a PS Vita battery).

Basically it sums up to this
Portability = smaller sizes & melding a budget around cost of parts and power. More power = more drain in energy. Better components = lager sizes. Reduction in size = more work in redevelopment & lines = more money spent (Not as much as working the Chinese though right :rolleyes:).

Edited by UnholyVision, 07 December 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#31 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I am sort of going to rough draft this reply per se.
Green tech mindset is the ideal of reduction in power consumption. Higher end parts that have not saturated on the market overtime take a ton of power. Companies tend to lower prices on said products to a degree, but do not invest heavily into reductions in sizes of products, power consumption, et cetera if they have not met a said quota to invest in further development. Change a product around still cost money.

iOS is an OS not a device. Complaining that a piece of software can run better on one device with the same OS compared to another is silly. Not all of these games are able to run on each individual device, unless the software team developed a version and/or down/upscale of the said resolutions. Which would mean nothing if the hardware could not handle it. Comparing a iPad or any larger device with more room to work in to support larger parts to a smaller device is silly. For example, the iPad has no buttons, back touch pad, or as small as the Vita so it has more room for larger batteries and other components. Not to mention your expecting some great power out of a battery.

This is how much room they had to work with in a Vita in terms of components. They had to spend money to redesign stuff just to fit the device more than they would the iPad. Less room equals more money in development & a company is not making themselves bankrupt if they are already riding on some flagship their loosing cash for as is. (Not the best iPad picture, but still shows the superior room to shove components into).
Posted Image Posted Image

(On the note of batteries, size matters. If we could condense the cells so bloody well, electric cars could have a PS Vita battery).

Basically it sums up to this
Portability = smaller sizes & melding a budget around cost of parts and power. More power = more drain in energy. Better components = lager sizes. Reduction in size = more work in redevelopment & lines = more money spent (Not as much as working the Chinese though right :rolleyes:).

Sony always had the option of not including fairly useless tech (i.e. rear touch pad) and could have done any number of tweaks to the size of the device to make it perform as they wanted. If you want to look at space then lets look at space. On a iPhone or iPod Touch.....

Posted Image

That is what it takes to run a game like Modern Combat 4 (excluding the battery), that has better graphics than Black Ops Declassified and bigger multiplayer maps. Subtract the rear touch pad and add in the button and thumb stick circuitry and you have something that can create console quality graphics at approximately the same size as the Vita.

This is a pointless discussion because the Vita is what it is and nothing will change that. As I said before it is a portable gaming device that offers graphics somewhere between the PS2 and low end PS3 titles, that has been stifled by developers creating half assed titles. It could have been better.

Edited by aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na, 07 December 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#32 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Yeah they really did blow that one. The thing is as soon as we heard Nihilistic got that project the writing was on the wall for that game. i know it wasn't Sony's responsibility to oversee that project since it was an Activision game, but given the boost that it could have given the Vita, I blame them for not being more involved to make sure it went well. When the Vita came out people were excited about the prospect of FPS' on the go, and now all that hope falls on Killzone.

To be fair that means they have put all the hope of the fps on vita on Guerrilla Games and Cambridge Studios. Not a bad move in my eyes. If they can pull a Killzone 2 quality game, or even Killzone 3 (especially visually) it could really help sales. I still think it needs a Monster Hunter or similar for Japan to care.

#33 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Sony always had the option of not including fairly useless tech (i.e. rear touch pad) and could have done any number of tweaks to the size of the device to make it perform as they wanted. If you want to look at space then lets look at space. On a iPhone or iPod Touch.....

That is what it takes to run a game like Modern Combat 4 (excluding the battery), that has better graphics than Black Ops Declassified and bigger multiplayer maps. Subtract the rear touch pad and add in the button and thumb stick circuitry and you have something that can create console quality graphics at approximately the same size as the Vita.

This is a pointless discussion because the Vita is what it is and nothing will change that. As I said before it is a portable gaming device that offers graphics somewhere between the PS2 and low end PS3 titles, that has been stifled by developers creating half assed titles. It could have been better.

Yes, they did not have to design a touch pad in the back. Yada yada yada. Next, it once again is leading to revisions of hardware. As I said it takes time and money to condense hardware and you have what a sixth generation of a device in cellphones and like third generation of tablet computers now right? Simply put small upgrades taking time and money. You act as if every company is in bed with each other, they all have the same budget, and all shaped the same sizes for the same parts. Even if they were the fact still remains a portable device is never going to be at the same level as a home media device and a home media device is not going to be of par to a computer.

As for the game, yes, and how much bigger is this battery inside the devices such as an iPad. Much more cells and hours to burn for it, but it is still considered a portable device and said graphical enhancements will take a toll on the battery. Apple did not just go, "Hmm let us take all this new generation hardware and stuff it in a device" to spend tons of money on hardware to burn the battery in under and hour. They had to plan all of this and keep an ideal battery life for the device by cutting corners with some hardware inside their said budget. Once they had good money flow, they invested in improvements and overtime it slowly but surely improved in more aspects, but still had to be cut short of this or that.

You act as if you expect these companies to go out of an ideal budget range, design, et cetera to fit your needs. When in fact your needs would cost you an arm and a leg to even get the company a gain in income. No device that is portable (unless for some reason it is a bloody huge cement brick) is going to deliver the same power of hardware you will get in a device plugged directly in the wall. More graphical enhancements increases the power needed for the hardware (not to mention heat). Have you not seen heat & performance based charts showing hardware in idle states & gaming states.... :unsure:

No one is saying that some developers are not taking it to the max of their abilities, it happens on any platform, However, if you think a handheld or other portable device is of par to a home system your sadly mistaken. (You clearly can not see the differences if so). There is a budget to take account for as well in gaming... (But apparently, budget from publishers, backers, and the overall companies is never to be taken in consideration in your eyes. Yippie lets all go bankrupt).

#34 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yes, they did not have to design a touch pad in the back. Yada yada yada. Next, it once again is leading to revisions of hardware. As I said it takes time and money to condense hardware and you have what a sixth generation of a device in cellphones and like third generation of tablet computers now right? Simply put small upgrades taking time and money. You act as if every company is in bed with each other, they all have the same budget, and all shaped the same sizes for the same parts. Even if they were the fact still remains a portable device is never going to be at the same level as a home media device and a home media device is not going to be of par to a computer.

As for the game, yes, and how much bigger is this battery inside the devices such as an iPad. Much more cells and hours to burn for it, but it is still considered a portable device and said graphical enhancements will take a toll on the battery. Apple did not just go, "Hmm let us take all this new generation hardware and stuff it in a device" to spend tons of money on hardware to burn the battery in under and hour. They had to plan all of this and keep an ideal battery life for the device by cutting corners with some hardware inside their said budget. Once they had good money flow, they invested in improvements and overtime it slowly but surely improved in more aspects, but still had to be cut short of this or that.

You act as if you expect these companies to go out of an ideal budget range, design, et cetera to fit your needs. When in fact your needs would cost you an arm and a leg to even get the company a gain in income. No device that is portable (unless for some reason it is a bloody huge cement brick) is going to deliver the same power of hardware you will get in a device plugged directly in the wall. More graphical enhancements increases the power needed for the hardware (not to mention heat). Have you not seen heat & performance based charts showing hardware in idle states & gaming states.... :unsure:

No one is saying that some developers are not taking it to the max of their abilities, it happens on any platform, However, if you think a handheld or other portable device is of par to a home system your sadly mistaken. (You clearly can not see the differences if so). There is a budget to take account for as well in gaming... (But apparently, budget from publishers, backers, and the overall companies is never to be taken in consideration in your eyes. Yippie lets all go bankrupt).

You have strayed so far from what I originally stated and what the original topic is about it isn't ever worth this conversation. Most of your arguments are moot. Samsung will sell me their latest flash memory, quallcom will sell me the latest wireless chips, and almost every other manufacturer of electronics. Yes the big corporations do all work together, no on makes all their internal components. You clearly have no clue how the collaboration between the design teams, manufacturers and vendors all work.

But again.....none of that matters.

#35 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

You have strayed so far from what I originally stated and what the original topic is about it isn't ever worth this conversation. Most of your arguments are moot. Samsung will sell me their latest flash memory, quallcom will sell me the latest wireless chips, and almost every other manufacturer of electronics. Yes the big corporations do all work together, no on makes all their internal components. You clearly have no clue how the collaboration between the design teams, manufacturers and vendors all work.

But again.....none of that matters.

Uhuh and I was saying so much that....... You sir have no clue what your talking about if you think everyone has their hands in each others pockets without some kind of price. Not to mention a clue how to read if you think I was saying any of that. Though, yes let us move along as this clearly is going no where. :rolleyes:

#36 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

To be fair that means they have put all the hope of the fps on vita on Guerrilla Games and Cambridge Studios. Not a bad move in my eyes. If they can pull a Killzone 2 quality game, or even Killzone 3 (especially visually) it could really help sales. I still think it needs a Monster Hunter or similar for Japan to care.

I think that Killzone will be just great, but what worries me is about the sales part. I just don't see it making a dent in the problem since the series is not nearly as well known as CoD. Now the MH comment I can get behind, but it really seems like Sony pissed on Capcom's Wheaties or slept with the CEO's wife or something.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#37 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

I've owned a Vita since March and it has a decent amount of games. The console ports are top notch ( only ones I have are Rayman Origins and UMVC3), and it really brings a console like experience to handhelds. It also has a few nice exclusives ( LBP Vita, Frobisher Says, Touch Katamari). But there's still some glaring problems.

1. The price of the console is high, while Sony is trying to make profit as the console is very powerful. It needs some sort of price drop, I can say the same for those pricey memory cards as well.

2. It has some good games, but it really needs a game that will push sales like Mario 3D Land did to the 3DS.

Other than that, I think the Vita is great. But it's not showing it's potential yet, in terms of games and sales.

#38 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I think that Killzone will be just great, but what worries me is about the sales part. I just don't see it making a dent in the problem since the series is not nearly as well known as CoD. Now the MH comment I can get behind, but it really seems like Sony pissed on Capcom's Wheaties or slept with the CEO's wife or something.

I agree, though Killzone Liberation sold reasonably well so we shall see. If they can release the game looking as good as the teaser (or better) without any frame rate issues or forced gimmicks (which is what I think the biggest issue atm is) it could help quite a bit.

1. The price of the console is high, while Sony is trying to make profit as the console is very powerful. It needs some sort of price drop, I can say the same for those pricey memory cards as well.

In Australia it has been available for $199 on a few occasions which is actually cheaper then the going rate for a 3ds. So I don't think it is overpriced, I think the issue is there simply is not much of a market for a non nintendo hand held.

#39 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

I've owned a Vita since March and it has a decent amount of games. The console ports are top notch ( only ones I have are Rayman Origins and UMVC3), and it really brings a console like experience to handhelds. It also has a few nice exclusives ( LBP Vita, Frobisher Says, Touch Katamari). But there's still some glaring problems.

2. It has some good games, but it really needs a game that will push sales like Mario 3D Land did to the 3DS.

Other than that, I think the Vita is great. But it's not showing it's potential yet, in terms of games and sales.

I think the Vita is fairly priced for what you get (except memory cards of course.) As far as the games that was what Black Ops Declassified was for. The funny part about it is that I was never even that interested in the title, but I just understood what a good CoD game would have meant to the platform. The other thing that needs to happen is that, when the Vita gets it's own version of a series that is not simply a port, they need to stop being stupid and release the game on a different day as the console version. I can see the EA sports games releasing same day, but not AC3:Liberation or Black Ops Declassified. These are supposed to be unique titles to the Vita, so why compete with console games?

I agree, though Killzone Liberation sold reasonably well so we shall see. If they can release the game looking as good as the teaser (or better) without any frame rate issues or forced gimmicks (which is what I think the biggest issue atm is) it could help quite a bit.

Do you have any idea of a release date for that game? I haven't heard a thing.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#40 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

These are supposed to be unique titles to the Vita, so why compete with console games?

Do you have any idea of a release date for that game? I haven't heard a thing.

If the game bites the game will still bite regardless of the day it is released. Though in this case they sort of rushed it out CoD for Black Friday I suppose. Considering they had that bundle of CoD & the PS Vita with a marked down price at some stores & online retailers. Which actually some what worked in getting more Vita's purchased. (shrugs)

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/vita <--- This is sort of accurate to some degree. However, release dates from just about any where are to be taking lightly, since they could be subject to change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!