#1 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

http://www.engadget....-late-december/

Hot off the press
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Pretty good news. Although I don't care about loading times since I'm a pretty patient person and those Monster Hunter loading times just added more to that.

LordPickleton.png

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

I haven't really had problems with the loading times on my Wii U.

Posted Image

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

While the loading times don't bother me personally, I won't complain about an update that makes everything faster. We shall see if it really is that much of an improvement though...
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Anything that improves an already awsome system im up for it.
Posted Image

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I haven't really had problems with the loading times on my Wii U.

Me neither.

Signature_DK.png

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Me neither.

Technically..no one has problems with loading times..since..it loads after all...but a lot of people are impatient and nothing is fast enough now a days
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Technically..no one has problems with loading times..since..it loads after all...but a lot of people are impatient and nothing is fast enough now a days

People act like the Wii U is running at Dial Up speeds. lol

Posted Image

#9 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

It is more about the menus within the communities and Miiverse. Those are a lot slower than they should be. Think about how fast you can navigate the 360 and PS3 menus.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#10 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

People who aren't bothered about loading times clearly don't use Miiverse much.

Think of it this way, if you were browsing this forum and every time you came here it took 10 seconds for the page to load - would you feel that is "fine"? I know I wouldn't.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#11 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

yeah its a joke

#12 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yeah there have been a few times where I only had like a half hour to play, and wanted to check out Miiverse for a couple of minutes. I ended up just bagging it and moving on to Mario.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 19 December 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#13 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

As much as loading times don't bug me, it's good to see Nintendo release an update to potentially make them faster.

Edited by SDDMN, 19 December 2012 - 02:45 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

People act like the Wii U is running at Dial Up speeds. lol

No. People just expect things to load up in a reasonable amount of time which they have every right to expect and get. If the PS3 and Xbox 360 can load apps and other UI related stuff quickly so should the Wii U. At the moment is a joke to put it mildly and Nintendo do need to do something about it. Hopefully this new update will fix the problem.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 19 December 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

This can not be fixed fast enough.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

No. People just expect things to load up in a reasonable amount of time which they have every right to expect and get. If the PS3 and Xbox 360 can load apps and other UI related stuff quickly so should the Wii U. At the moment is a joke to put it mildly and Nintendo do need to do something about it. Hopefully this new update will fix the problem.

Not everyone is bothered by this. If the update makes it faster great, but otherwise I don't think many people will be selling off their Wii U's. The problem is we live in an age of instant gratification and fast isn't fast enough anymore, obviously most forum members here are younger and used to it , but a lot of people aren't bothered by the current load times. So saying it isn't fixed isn't really true since it's not really broke..I'd say updated is more of the term to use. Also it's unfair to compare it to the PS3 and 360 since its a completely different OS.
Posted Image

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Not everyone is bothered by this. If the update makes it faster great, but otherwise I don't think many people will be selling off their Wii U's. The problem is we live in an age of instant gratification and fast isn't fast enough anymore, obviously most forum members here are younger and used to it , but a lot of people aren't bothered by the current load times. So saying it isn't fixed isn't really true since it's not really broke..I'd say updated is more of the term to use. Also it's unfair to compare it to the PS3 and 360 since its a completely different OS.

I respectfully disagree. Firstly judging by various posts on this forums and other forums a lot of people are bothered by this. Besides just because you and a minority isn't bothered by it it doesn't meant others shouldn't be and it shouldn't be fixed. Not only that but you're missing the point. When other consoles can perform the same tasks in a reasonable amount of time its not unreasonable to expect the Wii U to do the same. It's got nothing what so ever to do with instant gratification and everything to do with what is reasonable. It's also got nothing to do with age. I never said it was broken but being broken and working but being slow are two different things. It is way too slow to perform a lot of the functionality on the Wii U including downloading updated and games as well as UI operations and it is totally unacceptable whether you think it is or not. It needs to be fixed ASAP and hopefully this new update will do that once and for all.

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I respectfully disagree. Firstly judging by various posts on this forums and other forums a lot of people are bothered by this. Besides just because you and a minority isn't bothered by it it doesn't meant others shouldn't be and it shouldn't be fixed. Not only that but you're missing the point. When other consoles can perform the same tasks in a reasonable amount of time its not unreasonable to expect the Wii U to do the same. It's got nothing what so ever to do with instant gratification and everything to do with what is reasonable. It's also got nothing to do with age. I never said it was broken but being broken and working but being slow are two different things. It is way too slow to perform a lot of the functionality on the Wii U including downloading updated and games as well as UI operations and it is totally unacceptable whether you think it is or not. It needs to be fixed ASAP and hopefully this new update will do that once and for all.

Thanks for reasonable response, getting tired of arguing all the time lol. That's fine and all. It's just my personal viewpoint man, the times don't bug me at all. I have no doubt's that Nintendo will make it faster...to what extent? I can't even guess. As a company that prides itself on quality I can only imagine they will do good by us.
Posted Image

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

YAY, I err suppose, I personally have had no problems really, in some instances my Wii U is faster than my 360, really don't understand what people are complaining about.

#20 mjjferreira

mjjferreira

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Bad news...

http://www.engadget....-late-december/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!