• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

this ps3 xbox argument always comes around i own both systems and they both have their own strengths but in terms of graphics from my opinion the ps3 has definitely got the edge killzone 3 too me has been the best looking fps to date on a console but the xbox is so close it's really not worth splitting hairs over plus id never argue against the online on the xbox being superior.

Its not really fair to compare a subscription service to a free service though. Out of the box the ps3 can be used for online play but the 360 can't except for a trial. Over 5 years you have effectively paid for the console again with xbox live. For pc, ps3, wii and wii u it is a free service.

If your going to compare like for like then surely you must add the cost of xbox live for the likely length of ownership. So effectively a 360 console that you use online for 5 years needs £150 added to its purchase price for the comparison against the ps3's price and then you can say the online service is better. Also lets not forget PSN plus also offers huge additional benefits and can be had for £30 a year and gets you a huge amount of free extra games to play. You could add that in for comparison and the PS3 looks far better value again.

You can basically own a 360 and a PS3 for the same price as a 360 and xbox live for 4-5 years.

#42 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

yeah the subscription is the only thing i dont like about the online service for xbox i dont see how they can justify it anymore but it's not to expensive so i write it off personally but it could be a factor for anybody choosing between them and honestly ive never had a problem with the online on psn apart from the lack of party chat.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#43 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

ps3 IS more powerful than 360,i have wii u,360 and ps3 and ps3 is best graphics,the new drakes fortune and killzone 3 rape EVERY game on the 360 graphicaly/technicaly and you can tell there not on a 360 straight away.

Im loving the wii u though and expect it to go beyond the current gen when devs get used to it :)

Lolololol no.
No sig.

#44 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Lolololol no.

What is funny exactly?

PS3 IS more powerful than 360, but it takes a LOT of effort to exploit that power. So in most cases the 360 works out superior as the PS3 needs to use its fancy SPUs in the CPU in order to make up for its weaker GPU than the 360.

Now once your factor in load times, mandatory installs, the fact the 360 has a more flexible RAM configuration, cross-gaming chat and the general better UI, then I agree that the 360 is a better "experience". But the comment was referring to power alone in which it was correct.

The Wii U IS more powerful than the current gen, the graphics at the very least WILL "go beyond" current gen once devs get used to it, in fact a few games line Trine 2 already have.

Now CPU wise all bets are off, it may be inferior or barely capable of matching current-gen, but GPGPU should help there if we offload things like physics from the CPU. I believe the Wii U also has HARDWARE sound mixing and no dolby digital/DTS encoding, something both PS3/360 do on the CPU, so that is something else which the CPU is not having to do on Wii U.

So there are plenty of ways the lower clocked CPU of the Wii U could end up with games outperforming PS3/360. Without knowing the EXACT details of how the Wii U architecture works, we just don't know either way.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#45 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

yeah the subscription is the only thing i dont like about the online service for xbox i dont see how they can justify it anymore but it's not to expensive so i write it off personally but it could be a factor for anybody choosing between them and honestly ive never had a problem with the online on psn apart from the lack of party chat.

Because XBL is probably the best network service out there. It has everything you could possibly need to enjoy playing online. Party chat, friends lists, this, that, the other.

#46 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Because XBL is probably the best network service out there. It has everything you could possibly need to enjoy playing online. Party chat, friends lists, this, that, the other.

I disagree. Bad menus,Nothing like PShome or miiverse,and it costs money.

Signature_DK.png

#47 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Well hey, you get what you pay for. I pay $50 a year for excellent service, you pay $0 a year for... intermittent downtimes.

#48 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

^You pay 50bucks? I pay 30 euros for one year, which is.. not much at all in my opinion.

What is funny exactly?

PS3 IS more powerful than 360, but it takes a LOT of effort to exploit that power. So in most cases the 360 works out superior as the PS3 needs to use its fancy SPUs in the CPU in order to make up for its weaker GPU than the 360.

Now once your factor in load times, mandatory installs, the fact the 360 has a more flexible RAM configuration, cross-gaming chat and the general better UI, then I agree that the 360 is a better "experience". But the comment was referring to power alone in which it was correct.

The Wii U IS more powerful than the current gen, the graphics at the very least WILL "go beyond" current gen once devs get used to it, in fact a few games line Trine 2 already have.

Now CPU wise all bets are off, it may be inferior or barely capable of matching current-gen, but GPGPU should help there if we offload things like physics from the CPU. I believe the Wii U also has HARDWARE sound mixing and no dolby digital/DTS encoding, something both PS3/360 do on the CPU, so that is something else which the CPU is not having to do on Wii U.

So there are plenty of ways the lower clocked CPU of the Wii U could end up with games outperforming PS3/360. Without knowing the EXACT details of how the Wii U architecture works, we just don't know either way.

I don't think it's exactly more powerful, but at least the Xbox 360 doesn't have a processor no-one can utilize. In the end however, they're in basically the same league.

Edit: I do agree with the guys opinion on that the Wii U is way more powerful off course. Because it is.

Edited by Keviin, 27 December 2012 - 01:49 AM.

No sig.

#49 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

This is awesome news, Thanks for an awesome console Ninty, I havn't enjoyed playing games this much in ages :D

#50 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

ps3 IS more powerful than 360,i have wii u,360 and ps3 and ps3 is best graphics,the new drakes fortune and killzone 3 rape EVERY game on the 360 graphicaly/technicaly and you can tell there not on a 360 straight away.

Im loving the wii u though and expect it to go beyond the current gen when devs get used to it

The PS3 has bad graphics.
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/740/740524/tiger-woods-pga-tour-07-20061019044502115.jpg
Yuck

#51 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

The PS3 has bad graphics.
http://ps3media.ign....19044502115.jpg
Yuck

lol the ps3 has alot better graphics than a xbox 360 thats for sure mate,just look at killzone 3,drakes fortune 3,heavy rain,the upcoming "the last of us" and beyond....all games that rape everything on a 360 in every way....dont get me wrong the 360 is a nice console,it has some good games and i enjoy playing it but to say the 360 has better graphics/power is just fanboyism.heres a pic of beyond two souls http://www.google.co...,r:17,s:0,i:139

Edited by syks-1, 27 December 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#52 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

lol the ps3 has alot better graphics than a xbox 360 thats for sure mate,just look at killzone 3,drakes fortune 3,heavy rain,the upcoming "the last of us" and beyond....all games that rape everything on a 360 in every way....dont get me wrong the 360 is a nice console,it has some good games and i enjoy playing it but to say the 360 has better graphics/power is just fanboyism.heres a pic of beyond two souls http://www.google.co...,r:17,s:0,i:139

Crysis 3 On 360 looks better than the games you listed.

#53 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Crysis 3 On 360 looks better than the games you listed.

Have we even seen crysis 3 on consoles yet .

#54 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

link is hear :)
http://mynintendonew...-playstation-3/

lolno, he doesn't talk.

#55 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

The reason live costs money is because Microsoft maintain the servers for most games themselves. Where as on ps3 in most cases it's up to the developers. Don't believe everything you read online. One of my best mates Brett works for Sony support and has been there since the launch of the ps2. A lot of the facts regarding online gaming that are thrown around online are in fact incorrect.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#56 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

The reason live costs money is because Microsoft maintain the servers for most games themselves. Where as on ps3 in most cases it's up to the developers. Don't believe everything you read online. One of my best mates Brett works for Sony support and has been there since the launch of the ps2. A lot of the facts regarding online gaming that are thrown around online are in fact incorrect.

in that case i dont mind paying xbox live sub never knew that.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#57 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

The reason live costs money is because Microsoft maintain the servers for most games themselves.

so if Microsoft maintain there servers how is it that other companys can offer it free ? Remember that Microsoft is one of the biggest company out there they have more then enough funds to give us free on line ?

Think of nintendo we get the miiverse for free we know that there is probably software that filters most of the content, But there still is people that have to check it and be there to report to, This must come at a cost ?

so if the big N can do that I am sure that Microsoft can as well....... Dont get me wrong that the service from Microsoft on live is bad because its not,

But if you can play Black opps on free servers then why pay ?

#58 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thats mainly the reason why a lot of games lag online on ps3 and have a lot of disconnects were it happens a lot less on live. Play black ops 2 side by side on the same connection on 360 and ps3 and you will see how differently they play.

Edited by cannonshane, 28 December 2012 - 05:22 AM.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#59 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

Thats mainly the reason why a lot of games lag online on ps3 and have a lot of disconnects were it happens a lot less on live. Play black ops 2 side by side on the same connection on 360 and ps3 and you will see how differently they play.

Good response :D As you can see I don't like Microsoft.

OK you win I will shut up :P

#60 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Lol nothing to do with winning. Im serious try it out. I've done it multiple times on the original black ops. Still amazes me the difference.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!