#1 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

What's the scariest game you have played?

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#2 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

Doom 3... That reminds me that i cant play it. :D

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#3 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Clock Tower.
I never made it very far, to be honest :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#4 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek, Fringe, NCIS, yoshis, fantasy

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Played... it'd be "Haunt the House". Not sure it counts, cuz it's an online game. Even if it does, scariest thing is the sound (you're not in danger, since you're the ghost).
Watched... Amnesia: the Dark Descent. Ironically, I've been watching a walkthrough on YouTube, and... um... o_o *hides*

These are my dragon persona Darren's parents. Or Darrents, if you will.
Posted Image

#5 dannyboy

dannyboy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    all nintendo characters

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

left for dead 2 when some of the zombies just come out of no where right in front of you
http://amazing-nintendo.blogspot.com/
my new blog all about Nintendo so go and have a look though its not just as good as here but go for a look and sign up to the forum if you want

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

I normally play games like Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resort, so I can't actually think of any scary games that I've played. They don't really appeal to me.

#7 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

Luigi's Mansion in the dark, but if not that, then EarthBound in the dark (especially when you're up late). The tune (starts at 0:21 in that video and ends at about 0:23) is the thing that I find surprisingly scary in it, but the mall blackout scene got me extremely paranoid when I first played it! :P

#8 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek, Fringe, NCIS, yoshis, fantasy

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

I watched a walkthrough of a game called "Which" that partially reminds me of Amnesia. Except it has B&W graphics rather than shadows to set the mood, a headless and heartless ghost instead of the gatherers and Alexander, two endings instead of four, and no memories.
It's utterly breathtaking. I'm gonna download it and play, cuz I'm too much of a coward to play something bigger like Amnesia. XD

Edited by Ephesus, 11 June 2011 - 04:57 AM.

These are my dragon persona Darren's parents. Or Darrents, if you will.
Posted Image

#9 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

I watched a walkthrough of a game called "Which" that partially reminds me of Amnesia. Except it has B&W graphics rather than shadows to set the mood, a headless and heartless ghost instead of the gatherers and Alexander, two endings instead of four, and no memories.
It's utterly breathtaking. I'm gonna download it and play, cuz I'm too much of a coward to play something bigger like Amnesia. XD

Amnesia is terrifying. The fact that you can only run and hide is one of the best ideas for horror game I have seen in a long time. I also thought some of the new silent hill games were scary.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#10 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

There's this game on playstation 2, I can't remember what its called. I think its "The Suffering" or something like that. When I played that it scared the hell out of me :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#11 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

The very first Resident Evil for the PlayStation. The controls, the camera, the atmosphere, and the design enhanced the thrills of the game. It was unlike anything I've played at the time.

Aliens versus Predator for the PC. I'm not referring to the 2010 release. This game always kept me on my toes because the aliens would pop up randomly throughout the level.

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

The very first Resident Evil for the PlayStation. The controls, the camera, the atmosphere, and the design enhanced the thrills of the game. It was unlike anything I've played at the time.

Likewise. Resident Evil was a scary game back when I was a kid playing it on the Playstation.
Other than that, I'm not really a big fan of horror games, they just don't appeal to me.

Edit: Accidentally removed the end quote line. B)

Edited by Nin10doh, 13 June 2011 - 10:38 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Mario

Mario

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA.MEGAMAN.CASTLEVANIA.GTA.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:40 PM

AMNESIA~!

Also, the Penumbra games are really great as well.
They're from the same developers, and play quite similarly.
Help Buy Mario a 3DS!
:3

#14 Marina

Marina

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    Homestuck

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

Aliens versus Predator for the PC. I'm not referring to the 2010 release. This game always kept me on my toes because the aliens would pop up randomly throughout the level.

I feel that Resident Evil's horror factor was lessened by the bright graphics and the hilariously bad awesome voice acting.

I played the REmake when I was, like, eight or nine (because my father was a jerk and thought I'd like it). Scared the hell out of me. I returned to the game last summer and, instead of quitting out of fear, I quit out of boredom. A few weeks ago I finally beat the thing and it was a lovely experience.

I have a hard time answering the topic question because games aren't particularly scary to me, not even Amnesia. Lovely concept and what I imagine to be an incredibly, incredibly frightening game, though.

#15 HotelSoap!

HotelSoap!

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikachu

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

No one has said anything about *shiver* SILENT HILL goddamn that crap is scary <_< too scary and its on ps2, ps3, xbox, xbox360 and now im afraid to go to the bathroom at night now thx alot guys
Posted ImagePosted Image I'm cute, stare at me while I steal your soul

#16 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Luigi's Mansion 1 in the dark.
No signature here....

#17 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Luigi's Mansion in the dark, but if not that, then EarthBound in the dark (especially when you're up late). The tune (starts at 0:21 in that video and ends at about 0:23) is the thing that I find surprisingly scary in it, but the mall blackout scene got me extremely paranoid when I first played it! <_<

Since I don't really play much scary games, I agree. Luigi's mansion in the dark can be pretty intense when you can't see what is near you or what is hiding :P
Posted Image

#18 SRT

SRT

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ponies

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Eternal Darkness, but in an awesome way.

#19 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I'm playing it right now and I've fearquitted a couple times.

Nah

#20 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

Probably the first Resident Evil game on the GameCube. I remember playing it once when I was younger and it freaked me out, so I never touched it again.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!