#21 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Its Nintendo. If you want a huge number of decent 3rd party support then you bought the wrong console. Simple as that.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#22 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Its Nintendo. If you want a huge number of decent 3rd party support then you bought the wrong console. Simple as that.

Seriously? What? I can't hope for Nintendo to get 3rd Party support?

Posted Image

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Not in the near future, no.

Giant publishing houses hate releasing on Nintendo consoles, because they hate competing with Nintendo games, and they remember the days of evil overlord nintendo.

Most of these publishing houses are going to be going out of business soon, and their spots will be filled by up and coming independant development teams whos success grows them into new publishing houses.

This seemes a likely reason as to why nintendo is bending over backwards for indies.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Oh there will be 3rd party support, Which is why i said "huge numbers" Obviously some companies will make games for the wii U, But i guarantee the next xbox and PS system will have more.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#25 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yes, about thirds cannonshane and 3Dude are both right in my opinion, i just have to add, that nintendo need just to pick some key games multiplats, a good number of exclusives, and a lot of indie support

#26 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

All i know is that named developers from CryTek said themselves that they ran CryEngine3 on the Wii U and it ran "beautifully" and the system could handle any current engines just fine. They also stated it could handle Crysis 3 fine but didnt happen bc at the time wasnt financially in their best interest.
Crytek also said from what they have learned so far is the Wii U is at the very least as powerfull as the xbox 360. Personal opinion, but If i was to trust a developer then that is one i would have faith in as they aim to push EVERY platform.
Also just remembered CryTek said there is currently a game in development using CryEngine3 for the Wii U and it looks great they claim, note its not being made by CryTek as they said they were too involved in Crysis 3 development at the time.

#27 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

Nintendo should just alleviate all this crap and release the system's specs this E3. Honestly, they should realize that the silence is killing them!

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Nintendo should just alleviate all this crap and release the system's specs this E3. Honestly, they should realize that the silence is killing them!

Console manufacturers typically never reveal full system specs so its unlikely Nintendo will ever do that with the Wii U whether its at E3 or anywhere else.

#29 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Console manufacturers typically never reveal full system specs so its unlikely Nintendo will ever do that with the Wii U whether its at E3 or anywhere else.

Agreed, I don't think Nintendo ever will release specs for Wii U. They would rather amaze us with graphics in future games that will really show what Wii U can do.

#30 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Agreed, I don't think Nintendo ever will release specs for Wii U. They would rather amaze us with graphics in future games that will really show what Wii U can do.

Fair enough, but I am not asking for a full blow-out of the systems specs; just enough to shut up all the mis-information that's out there slamming the Wii U. I do agree that games like NanoAssult, Trine 2, and maybe the Cave shows how a proper port should be on the Wii U and highlights the advancement the system has over the legacy consoles like PS360.

#31 IPADDRESSROBOT

IPADDRESSROBOT

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

IF YOU TRY OPENING YOUR BLIND EYES YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW AN AND TECH LIED ABOUT WIIU BANDWIDTH AND WII

WIIS BANDWIDTH WAS 4GB 1TSRAM AND 4GB GDDR3 IT WAS NOT 5.6GB GDDR3 ONLY THEY MADE THAT UP AS THEY ALSO MADE UP WIIUS BANDWIDTH WAKE UP FFS

http://www.notenough...u-memory-story/
NES are pretty pro-nintendo though, so anonymous developers and them I dunno if I has trust.

lol trust dep head an and tech were lying commonsense check dude lol a pc fanboy site hell bent on nintendo hatred told the truth

last time i checked wii didnt have 5.6gb bandwidth and wiiu didnt have a single channel ram bus CONSIDERING WII AND GC BOTH HAD 2 ITS LOL HILARIOUS BS TO SAY WIIU HAS 1

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

IF YOU TRY OPENING YOUR BLIND EYES YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW AN AND TECH LIED ABOUT WIIU BANDWIDTH AND WII

WIIS BANDWIDTH WAS 4GB 1TSRAM AND 4GB GDDR3 IT WAS NOT 5.6GB GDDR3 ONLY THEY MADE THAT UP AS THEY ALSO MADE UP WIIUS BANDWIDTH WAKE UP FFS

lol trust dep head an and tech were lying commonsense check dude lol a pc fanboy site hell bent on nintendo hatred told the truth

last time i checked wii didnt have 5.6gb bandwidth and wiiu didnt have a single channel ram bus CONSIDERING WII AND GC BOTH HAD 2 ITS LOL HILARIOUS BS TO SAY WIIU HAS 1

WAKE UP AND OPEN YOUR BLIND EYES SO YOU CAN NOT SEE BECAUSE YOU ARE BLIND WITH YOUR EMPTY EYE SOCKETS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT JUST BLIND YOU HAVE NO EYES AND SOMETHING ABOUT THE TRUTH.

NES are pro-nintendo.
Do I have to have this discussion about what I said and didn't say with you as well as 3dupe?

Edited by Nollog, 25 January 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

WAKE UP AND OPEN YOUR BLIND EYES SO YOU CAN NOT SEE BECAUSE YOU ARE BLIND WITH YOUR EMPTY EYE SOCKETS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT JUST BLIND YOU HAVE NO EYES AND SOMETHING ABOUT THE TRUTH.
NES are pro-nintendo.
Do I have to have this discussion about what I said and didn't say with you as well as 3dupe?

NES Being pro nintendo is pretty irrelevent unless you have no education and cant discern technology from magic. Dismissing anything they say without actually educating yourself on them is a far greater logical offense then a simple positive bias.

Its pretty easy to discern fact from fiction regaurdless of positivity or negativity, with education.

Which is probably why ive been pointing out wii u's memory heiarchy looooooooooooooong before this article was a thing.

your ignorance does not change reality, just like nes being pro nintendo doesnt.

Which is a point i just cant drive home to you.

Also, this looks like another the happening alt account, lets.... not encourage more of his particular brand of nonsense.

Edited by 3Dude, 26 January 2013 - 09:00 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

NES Being pro nintendo is pretty irrelevent unless you have no education and cant discern technology from magic. Dismissing anything they say without actually educating yourself on them is a far greater logical offense then a simple positive bias.

Its pretty easy to discern fact from fiction regaurdless of positivity or negativity, with education.

Which is probably why ive been pointing out wii u's memory heiarchy looooooooooooooong before this article was a thing.

your ignorance does not change reality, just like nes being pro nintendo doesnt.

Which is a point i just cant drive home to you.

Also, this looks like another the happening alt account, lets.... not encourage more of his particular brand of nonsense.

Meanwhile, I was commenting on how nes are pro-nintendo.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Meanwhile, I was commenting on how nes are pro-nintendo.

Which is irrelevant to the situation.

Theyve shown all their work. From official xenon/xenos documentation, to hynax ram specifications, to who they talked too, and very clearly seperated the facts, from their positively biased speculation.

Edited by 3Dude, 26 January 2013 - 02:56 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 RJMacReady

RJMacReady

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

I think some of the posters in this thread are just throwing around technical terminology without fully understanding it.

#37 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

I think some of the posters in this thread are just throwing around technical terminology without fully understanding it.

I think that includes the guy who wrote this article as well. There are so many grammar & technical flubs, I wonder if the author truly understands the subject at hand. That combined with a lack of credible sources to back it up makes me really wonder how much stock to put in his words.

#38 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

I think that includes the guy who wrote this article as well. There are so many grammar & technical flubs, I wonder if the author truly understands the subject at hand. That combined with a lack of credible sources to back it up makes me really wonder how much stock to put in his words.

Official microsoft 360 documentation is not a credible source, named developers from shin en and frozen byte are not credible sources? The company that provided system ram is not a credible source?

And of course, a good old heaping helping of instant discrimination against non native english speakers.

Yet not one iota of education on the subject at hand. not a microcosm of effort. Not even a single google. Nope, discrimination and hearsay are the tools for the job.

Bravo.

You've obviously never heard of bifarcated memory hierarchies, which require more complex architectures.

Ha ha, i was going through this again and just noticed this comment about bifurcated memory heiarchies.

This was a joke yes?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#39 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Official microsoft 360 documentation is not a credible source, named developers from shin en and frozen byte are not credible sources? The company that provided system ram is not a credible source?

Oh come on, are you really going to run with that? This is a technical article purporting to have detail about the supposed Wii U bandwidth problem that's been making the rounds in the media lately, but none of the facts about the Wii U's technics are backed by anything more than than vague anecdotal evidence and sound bytes from the media. Even the graphic is labeled "Possible Wii U Memory Organization."

For a technical article, that's crap and you know it.

And of course, a good old heaping helping of instant discrimination against non native english speakers.

Well, the site is hosted out of Utah and they all sound like they speak english in their podcasts, so I'm just assuming that someone there can at least proofread these articles if the writer doesn't speak good english.

Yet not one iota of education on the subject at hand. not a microcosm of effort. Not even a single google. Nope, discrimination and hearsay are the tools for the job.

I don't need to google anything, I've very well versed in these concepts and the concepts of 3D graphics, I'm just looking for some facts and this article is just blowing more smoke.

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Oh come on, are you really going to run with that? This is a technical article purporting to have detail about the supposed Wii U bandwidth problem that's been making the rounds in the media lately, but none of the facts about the Wii U's technics are backed by anything more than than vague anecdotal evidence and sound bytes from the media.

Your reading comprehension is bad, he clearly seperates speculation from facts. Having named developers straight up say 'no, its not bandwidth starved' is neither vauge nor media soundbites.

Even the graphic is labeled "Possible Wii U Memory Organization."

Yeah, this explains a lot. Its labeled 'possible' because he very clearly wants to let you know that part is his speculation, making sure you dont get confused between facts, and logical speculation based on said facts. are you seriously this obtuse? Or are you doing it on purpose as a defense?

For a technical article, that's crap and you know it.

Dont need to respond to this anymore.

Well, the site is hosted out of Utah and they all sound like they speak english in their podcasts, so I'm just assuming that someone there can at least proofread these articles if the writer doesn't speak good english.

You DO know what the internet is, right? This is... inexcusable

'writer doesn't speak good english.'

Dont post on this English speaking forum again until you aquire a personal 'proof reader'.

I don't need to google anything, I've very well versed in these concepts and the concepts of 3D graphics

No, you arent.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!