Photo

Theory of Evolution: Are you a believer or not?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

This might come off as a controversial thread, but it always provides an excellent discussion.

Here's my opinion:

Evolution is real, of course in my opinion. Like all science, evolution is not a matter of belief, but evidence. There's overwhelming amount of evidence for Evolution. The Theory of Natural Selection really explains how it works. Evolution does not state that we came from monkeys, but we shared an ancestor with new world monkeys, about 40 million years ago. This is heavily accepted by theists and atheists who have studied the subject in question.Evolution is a scientific fact with proof and evidence. You either accept it or you deny it.on

Controversial subject, but I'm sure we can handle this like adults like we did the Atheist thread.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Edited by Ness, 02 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Evolution is real, and Pokemon is the evidence.

Serious thread, people.

Stupidity like this will not be tolerated.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

POPULAR

Science is not fact. Science requires equally as much faith as religion.

Edited by Mignaga, 02 February 2013 - 03:31 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Science is not fact. Science requires equally as much faith as religion.

You can actually prove stuff through Science, while with religion you have to have enough faith.

#6 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yes. The Atheist thread was incredibly mature. Almost as mature as the was the Theism thread was handled.

Edited by Noonabites, 02 February 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#7 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Evolution is a scientific fact, it has been proven in multiple ways. You can't "Not believe" evolution. Evolution happens REALLY gradually which is probably why most people doubt evolution. The evidence of evolution is, genetics, geography, and fossils changing over time.

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

You can actually prove stuff through Science, while with religion you have to have enough faith.

They're called scientific theories for a reason. None of them are fact, or actually able to prove something. All they are are place holders to explain a phenomenon until something that can better explain it comes along. Therefor nothing in science is fact.

Mig_Sig.png

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Yes. The Atheist thread was incredibly mature. Almost as mature as the was the Theism thread was handled.

Aside from a couple of trolls, it went smoothly, I never read the Theism thread. I wouldn't know, so I guess I couldn't care less.

#10 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Actually, no. Not at all. Science, is in fact, theory. There is scientific fact, yes, and those usually come in the form of things such as measurements. However, there's a difference between a concrete theory that has yet to be proven wrong and fact. There's the possibility of being proven wrong.. which, in today's ever changing society, has become something we should learn the difference between.

Edited by Noonabites, 02 February 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#11 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

They're called scientific theories for a reason. None of them are fact, or actually able to prove something. All they are are place holders to explain a phenomenon until something that can better explain it comes along. Therefor nothing in science is fact.

So you're saying that EVERY scientific theory is false?

#12 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Aside from a couple of trolls, it went smoothly, I never read the Theism thread. I wouldn't know, so I guess I couldn't care less.

No, it was pointlessly attacking things and that spilled into a thread in which was based on the exact opposite belief. It's why these things should be kept off the forums.

#13 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

So you're saying that EVERY scientific theory is false?

They're neither false, nor correct. :| One will just explain things in a better way than another, and thus it becomes the dominant theory. That doesn't mean it's correct.

Mig_Sig.png

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

None of them are facts? That isn't true. They've been proved to be a fact through research, study, and development. Prove to me that they aren't a fact. I could use your exact same argument for religion.

DNA, Genetics, Molecules , now none of it is true?

Edited by Zinix, 02 February 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#15 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

They're neither false, nor correct. :| One will just explain things in a better way than another, and thus it becomes the dominant theory. That doesn't mean it's correct.

What about stuff like Genetics?

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

No, it was pointlessly attacking things and that spilled into a thread in which was based on the exact opposite belief. It's why these things should be kept off the forums.

Yet instead of contributing useful, you post posts like this. If you don't want this to turn into yet of those threads, you should avoid posts like this. There isn't anything in the rules against posting threads like this.

#17 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

None of them are facts? That isn't true. They've been proved to be a fact through research, study, and development. Prove to me that they aren't a fact. I could use your exact same argument for religion.

Ok, first off. I'm not religious. In fact, I use evolution as my dominant theory of how we got to the point of which we are at today. Saying that it's fact is lunacy...
For example, look at the theory of phrenology. While that was the best way of explaining the brain in the past, and was "tested and proven to be fact", we later learned that it was in fact false. That's why they're called theories. They're not fact, they're just the best way of explaining something until something better comes along.

Mig_Sig.png

#18 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Mig, Noona why bother, this thread is going to be for its soul purpose....Evolution, you guys getting in here and degrading these people wont change their minds, i mean really its like telling a christian god is a lie

wjapt2.jpg

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Ok, first off. I'm not religious. In fact, I use evolution as my dominant theory of how we got to the point of which we are at today. Saying that it's fact is lunacy...
For example, look at the theory of phrenology. While that was the best way of explaining the brain in the past, and was "tested and proven to be fact", we later learned that it was in fact false. That's why they're called theories. They're not fact, they're just the best way of explaining something until something better comes along.

Alright, understandable, you're not a "religious person". So what you're saying that something will come along much better and debunk the "scientific theory"? I'm just curious to see what your response will be.

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

We all came from outerspace. Just ask this guy...
Posted Image

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!