Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Activision is not ecstatic about the Wii U launch. In a post-earnings financial call today, company CEO Robert Kotick said Activision is "somewhat disappointed" with the platform's launch. The console has sold 3 million units worldwide to date.

Kotick's comments came in response to a question concerning the sales potential for Activision's Skylanders series on the Wii U. He said that because the Skylanders series is aimed at children 6 to 11, the lackluster launch is "something we are concerned about."

http://www.gamespot....launch-6403617?

I'm disappointed as well.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

im disappointed that i still dont have one lol

but seriously. its understandable. like stated in another thread, nintendo should advertise more.

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm disappointed in Activision's Wii U lineup.

Posted Image

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

POPULAR

What do they expect when they give us games like f****** wipeout

#5 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

They also gave us a huge title in Black Ops 2 and that has not sold well at all. Their overall launch offerings could've been better, but I can understand their disappointment.
Posted Image

#6 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

only exclusives garenteed to sell well. as for launch. addvertise, espicialy upcomming releases.

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Let's be honest, Activision hasn't advertised the availability of their games on Wii U either, and marketing a specific game from a 3rd party publisher shouldn't be Nintendo's responsibility. It's getting tiresome now to see this kind of crap come out simply because publishers find the Wii U to be an easy scapegoat when facing their investors.

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

So Activision is disappointed with the Wii U launch? Doesn't surprise me when you give us a worse version of BLOPS 2 without DLC, not advertising the Wii U versions of Skylanders and CoD as much as the other versions. Doesn't help much either when you publish games like these.

Posted Image

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I swear every blobs2 commercial I've seen has had xbox and PS3 clips in them (not just the little logos, the actual 2 second promo) not one, from any publisher for that matter, for Wii U.

#10 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Quick question for all...

I watch a decent amount of television. Since before launch, I've seen MAYBE 1 commercial advertising the Wii U console. Other than that, I haven't seen any commercials advertising Nintendo's own software nor have I seen ANY commercials advertising third-party games for the system. Is it really as bad as I've seen from my perspective? Just want to know how often you all see commercials for anything Wii U related.
Posted Image

#11 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I watch a decent amount of television. Since before launch, I've seen MAYBE 1 commercial advertising the Wii U console. Other than that, I haven't seen any commercials advertising Nintendo's own software nor have I seen ANY commercials advertising third-party games for the system. Is it really as bad as I've seen from my perspective? Just want to know how often you all see commercials for anything Wii U related.

I saw two or three commercials, one of them was for NSMBU.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#12 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Developers are getting lazy these days!
Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I saw two or three commercials, one of them was for NSMBU.

Same, I've seen one NSMBU commercial, none other.

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I think developers need to realise that the advertising of games itself is mostly open to the internet communities. They don't seem to get that whatever mediums outside of that, are insufficient, whether it would be vague like a lot of the Wii U commercials, or that it only ever seems to be the usual suspects (Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty come to mind).

I don't know how it is in other countries, but I think it wouldn't be so bad if the daily newspaper had a two page scrawl of upcoming video games. It also wouldn't hurt to have more diverse commercials. I remember there being Professor Layton commercials for the first game a long time ago. Why stop? It can't possibly be that hard to put a commercial together for something, and then put it on channels where you think the audience is at (as opposed to more generally watched stations and blow a motzah getting it there).

I think what really ticks me off with video game advertising in general, is that publishers won't advertise more than half of what they are publishing, no matter how minimal that advertisement is, yet still bother to publish it out there, and then later down the track say "It was a fail". Well duh, it's a fail because no one knew about it and the best title it's going to possibly receive is "hidden gem", when it shouldn't.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

I am yet to see a single damn commercial. :/

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

3dudes been dissapointed in activision for years.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

I dont play activision games anymore... except that I bought black ops 2 for my pc, but didnt have time till to date to install it, it is still in the plastic!!! ... They f#$#d it up, sooooo greedy, their games smell greediness, such as EA does..

And you know, when u speak about Activision and EA, they have lots of other companies in their backs... EA owns about 30 video game companies, activision a few... WoW still charges 14 euro per month! I quitted it 2 years ago.

Especially activision takes all the magic from the games and sells it individually, so the magic stops being magic, turn to be a sellable cheat.. lol ( online stores in their games)

Didnt bought diablo 3, didnt bought pandaria, didnt bothered about any activision game for the last 2-3 years... I bought black ops 2, only for some online, but maybe at summer time.. lol

Edited by Orion, 08 February 2013 - 03:15 AM.

#18 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Well I'd say I'm disappointed in Activision. All their Wii U games either suck or I'm uninterested in. Maybe if they made a decent Wii U exclusive launch game for the Wii U that was interesting and wasn't actually a steaming pile they may have.

PS: Is it me or are publishers and developers really schizophrenic? They praise the hardware one second, an then damn it the next.

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

they dont speak about the hardware, they speak about the 3m sales. Economy is f#$up, u cant sell 350 a console, how about 450 orbis and xbox.. lol nobody will buy them and with all these restrictions.. lol

I believe nintendo did a smart move to release it now... Economy goes from worse to worse, everybody expect a big bum in the economy of US in 2013-begining of 14 (if not something more aggressive worldwide)... Till orbis and xbox released, wii U will have 5-8 million sales. This generation is going to be tuff.

Edited by Orion, 08 February 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#20 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

im not dissapointed cause i didnt buy the wii u dnt get me wrong i really wanted one but now i dnt . looks like its xbox or ps4 for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!