47 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Activision "disappointed" with Wii U

Gamer "Disappointed" with the quiality of Activisions repetative yearly sequel releases and sub par game standards.

#22 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

It's a new system, and with this attitude, they're going to be equally if not more dissappointed with ps4 and the Nextbox

#23 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

they didnt sell well as exclusives. some guys will release wiiU exclusiives and addvertise that will sell well. but many games are hindered by xbox because they arnt allowed making a PS3/wiiU version stronger without risking xbox droping support. BS but the big games wouldnt feel it as droping them will hurt themselfs more than what the developers will.

but it would be interesting if sony and nintendo agree to bring titles over between those 2 systems to hurt xbox 'required best version thing'.

#24 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image

It's a new system, and with this attitude, they're going to be equally if not more dissappointed with ps4 and the Nextbox

Exactly.

So Activision is disappointed with the Wii U launch? Doesn't surprise me when you give us a worse version of BLOPS 2 without DLC, not advertising the Wii U versions of Skylanders and CoD as much as the other versions. Doesn't help much either when you publish games like these.

You nailed the point on the head Bolbi. Congratulations.

Signature_DK.png

#25 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Nintendo does have fault and I understand Activisions complaints. Yes, other systems did have a rough patch much like the Wii U is having, but does this mean mistakes should be repeated? The Wii had such an awesome marketing campaign.. what happened?

At the end of the day though, Activision is the pot calling the kettle black.. If they gave us working titles.. and not Wipeout ( : | ) with more forward advertising on their end as well...

Arghhh, all this finger pointing.

#26 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

I understand Activision's disappointment. The wii u launch wasn't as successful as hoped and there aren't as many wii u owners about as expected to buy their games so development costs will not be paid back and Activision have made a loss developing for the wii u. They commited early to the wii u and have lost money doing so. Hopefully wii u sales will pick up and they will re-coup their investment over the long term. Nintendo needs as much support as possible.

#27 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Nintendo does have fault and I understand Activisions complaints. Yes, other systems did have a rough patch much like the Wii U is having, but does this mean mistakes should be repeated? The Wii had such an awesome marketing campaign.. what happened?

[media]
[media][media]
At the end of the day though, Activision is the pot calling the kettle black.. If they gave us working titles.. and not Wipeout ( : | ) with more forward advertising on their end as well...

Arghhh, all this finger pointing.

If anyone is making mistakes its Microsoft having hardware issues that topple the Wii U's. Nintendo are the ones who are better off.

Signature_DK.png

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

If anyone is making mistakes its Microsoft having hardware issues that topple the Wii U's. Nintendo are the ones who are better off.

Absolute rubbish. If anything Microsoft are doing far better then Nintendo and are in a far stronger position.

#29 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Maybe they would have more sales if they advertised the Wii U version like they did for the PS Vita.

#30 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

More bad news in particular for Australians. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct canceled for the Wii U in Australia.

http://www.nintendow....com/news/33258

According to Activision its due to a lack of demand which is totally baffling.

#31 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Absolute rubbish. If anything Microsoft are doing far better then Nintendo and are in a far stronger position.

Nonsense. Have you heard of a thing called RROD? Microsoft are now known as having the worst build quality. The amount of times I had to open my launch 360 to replace the disc drive due to scratching and red rings still haunts me. I think I went through three 360's before finally buying the slim version which also broke!

How can Microsoft be in a stronger position when Wii outsold the 360 by an embarrassing rate while 360 came last? Console fail rates are atrocious for the 360, do you really think Microsoft made as much money considering the huge amount of RROD issues?

Edited by Forza Juventus, 11 February 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#32 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

thats why I quitted my 360 years ago and now i am not turning back... especially now with all these restriction to be 24h online! Every 2 months I pay 110 euro for my phone and internet bill (no call phones included)... If I ever decide to stop having phone and internet... (paying 110 euros, or 180 bucks, or 80 pounds)... The new consoles by ms and sony will be trash.

There is no infrastructures yet, for free or cheap internet access. Plus I cant trust them again, with their cheap built quality. 360 was not a console, but a meatball

below is my first personal experience with xbox360!!... I bought it 5 months after official release. I though that I avoided baby flues (small hardware faults)...I bought it 550 euro! or else about 830 bucks or 400 pounds. When I unpacked it and connected it with my Tv.. It gave me a red ring of death!!!!! I immediately, contacted the store to replace it, but the store suggested me to contact MS and tell me what to do.

Ms said: send it to us and we will send u a brand new one.. I did

They send me back a refurnished!!! USEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i TURNED it back and i reported them in the police. The insisted by re-sending the used one all over for 3 months!!!! But I declined to receive any package from them!! Imagine that every 4 days, I was recieving calls from fast curier shops, to go recieve a pacage from microsoft... lol disturbing!
I reported them in the customer protection services!!!! Then after 3 months, a microsoft employee called me and gave me a check to go and buy FROM ANY STORE i wish, a brand new one. thats my experience with xbox360... I re-send my 360 5 times overall during the years for repair, but it was a mandatory request, to repair my OWN console, NOT to send me a used one....

Imagine if u pay 800bucks and u end up from day 1, with a used machine! re-repaired.

Edited by Orion, 11 February 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#33 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Reasons why most gamers prefer to play COD on 360/PS3 include Nuketown,Double XP Weekends,DLC, and COD TV actually has content by Activision. However the Wii U version tops it by having no not good season passes.

Nonsense. Have you heard of a thing called RROD? Microsoft are now known as having the worst build quality. The amount of times I had to open my launch 360 to replace the disc drive due to scratching and red rings still haunts me. I think I went through three 360's before finally buying the slim version which also broke!

How can Microsoft be in a stronger position when Wii outsold the 360 by an embarrassing rate while 360 came last? Console fail rates are atrocious for the 360, do you really think Microsoft made as much money considering the huge amount of RROD issues?

Exactly Forza. Unless you like having to replace your system every few months stick with Nintendo/Sony. I bet you the Durango is doomed to repeat.

More bad news in particular for Australians. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct canceled for the Wii U in Australia.

http://www.nintendow....com/news/33258

According to Activision its due to a lack of demand which is totally baffling.

Poor Shinny isnt going to like this. I wanted to play him online when it comes out. This sucks.

Signature_DK.png

#34 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

You're the one talking nonsense and have no clue. The RROD is a problem of the past and hasn't affected Xbox 360's in a while. And who said I was talking about the Wii. Microsoft is in a far stronger position then Nintendo with regards to delivering a better gaming experience and better hardware whether you think so or not. The Wii U is going to have a tough time matching the market performance and user experience of the Xbox 360 or even PS3.

Reasons why most gamers prefer to play COD on 360/PS3 include Nuketown,Double XP Weekends,DLC, and COD TV actually has content by Activision. However the Wii U version tops it by having no not good season passes.
Exactly Forza. Unless you like having to replace your system every few months stick with Nintendo/Sony. I bet you the Durango is doomed to repeat.
Poor Shinny isnt going to like this. I wanted to play him online when it comes out. This sucks.

The poor quality of the Xbox 360 is a thing of the past and is not an issue anymore. As for Microsoft's successor its not likely to have the same issues as MS have obvioulsy learnt from their mistake with the release of the Xbox 360 Slim.

#35 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

You're the one talking nonsense and have no clue. The RROD is a problem of the past and hasn't affected Xbox 360's in a while. And who said I was talking about the Wii. Microsoft is in a far stronger position then Nintendo with regards to delivering a better gaming experience and better hardware whether you think so or not. The Wii U is going to have a tough time matching the market performance and user experience of the Xbox 360 or even PS3.

The poor quality of the Xbox 360 is a thing of the past and is not an issue anymore. As for Microsoft's successor its not likely to have the same issues as MS have obvioulsy learnt from their mistake with the release of the Xbox 360 Slim.

The RROD is still a problem even after they switched to Jasper, whether you would like to think so or not. Not as big a problem, but a problem nonetheless. I too think Microsoft won't have the same issues a second time. The Wii U having a problem competing with the Microsoft or Sony user experience is completely speculative and claiming you know otherwise is disingenuous. Given the same amount of time they've already surpassed PS3 and 360 market performance. The numbers are there. Not only that, but the economy was a lot (like, on an order of magnitude) better in 2005/6 than today. The fact that the Wii U was able to get as much sales early on as they did, considering they are still competing with 360 and PS3 in terms of people's dollars and both those systems are lower priced and have great game libraries.

#36 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

http://www.gamesrada...mes-to-a-close/

I thought that this might help. MS got it right finally with the slim, but there is still no getting around the fact that the 360 was the junk console overall in this generation. To say that MS has better hardware than Nintendo as a generalization is just total BS used to suit an argument.

This will be an interesting generation to say the least. You have MS with practically unlimited cash reserves, but they cannot sell anything in Japan. Then you have Nintendo and Sony that are both really struggling from a cash reserve perspective, and cannot afford to bleed money in this race.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#37 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

This is a silly thing for Activision. Developers should know the non gamer console base usually doesn't pick up the system at launch. With some great holiday marketing you will see more casual adopters come around a year after. The younger install base will be there when their parents are keen tot he new system.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#38 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

i am disappointed with the Wii U to.

#39 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Once again, absolute nonsense. If you are having issues with Nintendo then leave the forums and sell your Wii U. You moan so much you either don't get what the console is about or you don't even own one, probanly the latter.

Anyone that disregards the RROD issues as "in the past" is deluded.How many revisions did they make to rectify a rookie mistake in actually making a product? Microsoft have no clue about build quality or delivering innovative gameplay whether you like it or not. Where would Microsoft be in the gaming industry without all the ideas they have stolen from Nintendo?

The original Xbox was a PC in a box, that is their answer so what are they doing with the 720? Integrating Windows. Point made. Nintendo are about games, Microsoft try to look good at all the events promoting FPS games and now the "gimmicky" Kinect 2.0 but in the end you have an outdated PC in a box with horrible build quality.

#40 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

I had a slim RROD. Explain that?

i am disappointed with the Wii U to.

As I said. Wait until E3. We already got a mindblowing sneak peak in the last ND.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!