Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Okay thanks! Firends also requested for XL so i guess i'll be getting that!

What's the point in asking for our opinions if every time we tell you ours you just argue with it. The XL is so much better then the original and the screen size is a lot better. It's definitely worth the extra money and I have no problem fitting it in my pants. The only time it squeezes is when I am wearing slim jeans.

Sorry! I just wanted to know every detail, plus thanks for telling the Shorts part, deffinatly getting XL!

Edit - Plus, I heard the 3DS XL can act as a controller for Wii U! Is that true?

Edited by Ernitis, 10 February 2013 - 09:42 AM.

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#22 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Personally I went with the regular 3ds cause it was only 140ish new, and I wanted money left over to buy some food

#23 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Okay thanks! Firends also requested for XL so i guess i'll be getting that!

Sorry! I just wanted to know every detail, plus thanks for telling the Shorts part, deffinatly getting XL!

Edit - Plus, I heard the 3DS XL can act as a controller for Wii U! Is that true?

To answer the question in bold, no it cannot. Sorry if you got your hopes up over that.

As for the topic at hand, I would definitely recommend the XL over the original. Put simply, the 3DS felt cheap. It dug into my palms, the screens were too small, and the Select, Home, Start "buttons" were a joke. I honestly wondered if they were even trying with it.

The XL on the other hand is just amazing in comparison. The main thing of notice for me when I got it wasn't even the screen size, but rather just how comfortable it is. The corners are nice and rounded to prevent the aforementioned pain, on top of adding a better grip. The screens weren't colossal like expected but instead felt just right. And the middle trio of buttons are actually buttons this time, so it doesn't seem like you're playing on a prototype. Then, of course, the battery is better... I tend to get an hour more than my brother's 3DS (hour and a half with Wireless off).

Also worth noting is that the system is not actually that much thicker than the original. It's mostly just wider. So it does take extra pocket space, but it won't make them bulge anymore than the original would have.

I have a few complaints with the XL, and a big one would be that it is slippery. I'm not sure what they did to the thing, but it's pretty worrying. I had the same issue with my 3DS though, so this is more me just fretting over things I've put money into rather than an actual issue.

The screen scratch issue (the bottom screen scratching the top, I recommend looking it up on Google as there are better explanations) is much less prevalent, but also still happens somehow. My advice to fix it seems backwards, but I would recommend you do not put anything between the screens. The lines only appeared whenever I put a cloth between them, and actually stopped coming once I just left the screens alone.

In the end though, if you can only afford the 3DS it is a decent enough system. It just falls in comparison to the XL, and as such I can't really recommend it if you have the choice.

Edited by ChrisD, 10 February 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#24 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

To answer the question in bold, no it cannot. Sorry if you got your hopes up over that.

As for the topic at hand, I would definitely recommend the XL over the original. Put simply, the 3DS felt cheap. It dug into my palms, the screens were too small, and the Select, Home, Start "buttons" were a joke. I honestly wondered if they were even trying with it.

The XL on the other hand is just amazing in comparison. The main thing of notice for me when I got it wasn't even the screen size, but rather just how comfortable it is. The corners are nice and rounded to prevent the aforementioned pain, on top of adding a better grip. The screens weren't colossal like expected but instead felt just right. And the middle trio of buttons are actually buttons this time, so it doesn't seem like you're playing on a prototype. Then, of course, the battery is better... I tend to get an hour more than my brother's 3DS (hour and a half with Wireless off).

Also worth noting is that the system is not actually that much thicker than the original. It's mostly just wider. So it does take extra pocket space, but it won't make them bulge anymore than the original would have.

I have a few complaints with the XL, and a big one would be that it is slippery. I'm not sure what they did to the thing, but it's pretty worrying. I had the same issue with my 3DS though, so this is more me just fretting over things I've put money into rather than an actual issue.

The screen scratch issue (the bottom screen scratching the top, I recommend looking it up on Google as there are better explanations) is much less prevalent, but also still happens somehow. My advice to fix it seems backwards, but I would recommend you do not put anything between the screens. The lines only appeared whenever I put a cloth between them, and actually stopped coming once I just left the screens alone.

In the end though, if you can only afford the 3DS it is a decent enough system. It just falls in comparison to the XL, and as such I can't really recommend it if you have the choice.

WOW! Thanks, defintly getting XL then! Really thanks to all of you!

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#25 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Might be a bit off topic but i'm thinking of getting one and just want to know if its true that you get headaches really easy when you go on it?

It depends on the person and the quality of the 3D. Some games seem to use much more depth in the 3D making it so it looks and feels natural. While other games you tilt your head just a tinny bit and it is all bleh. Really over half the games you will play on the thing will be with the 3D off. I can tell you this the 3D is no where as amazing as my 3D television with a full led array, so it could cause you discomfort quicker. Though the idea of using some 3D is advised to only an hour while some is advised for three to four hours usage. Sort of leading back to it does depend a bit on the person.

I had that with the 3ds in 3d mode but not so with the XL

Why are you wanting to sell Nintendo products so badly? The 3D function is exactly the same on the 3DS and 3DSXL. Only changes in the two are the size of the picture by a few inches which really isn't going to help 3D. As the 3D in the device is nothing more than a distorted set of imagery made to fool your brain by shooting out two images at the correct angles to each eye. Meaning the larger the device the further away the so called sweet spot would be. Being the major problem with a parallax barrier.

#26 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

It depends on the person and the quality of the 3D. Some games seem to use much more depth in the 3D making it so it looks and feels natural. While other games you tilt your head just a tinny bit and it is all bleh. Really over half the games you will play on the thing will be with the 3D off. I can tell you this the 3D is no where as amazing as my 3D television with a full led array, so it could cause you discomfort quicker. Though the idea of using some 3D is advised to only an hour while some is advised for three to four hours usage. Sort of leading back to it does depend a bit on the person.

Why are you wanting to sell Nintendo products so badly? The 3D function is exactly the same on the 3DS and 3DSXL. Only changes in the two are the size of the picture by a few inches which really isn't going to help 3D. As the 3D in the device is nothing more than a distorted set of imagery made to fool your brain by shooting out two images at the correct angles to each eye. Meaning the larger the device the further away the so called sweet spot would be. Being the major problem with a parallax barrier.

Uhm. That makes no sence at all. Me wanting to sell Nintendo products.
1) both devices are Nintendo
2) why should I care?
3) as said, i have both (kids, my own) and personally I had more problems with focussing on the small one than on the XL.
4) I know what 3d is, I shot footage and edited it for a commercial project

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#27 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Whats the difference, just a bigger system, i like my portable things in my pocket! :)

Everybody claims 3ds xl is a much beter choice, even if u search utube, it compares them both, side by side and XL is much beter and beter ergonomics.

https://www.youtube....h?v=tIWWlqw6uPw

https://www.youtube....h?v=QQCYFwS-9lI

also 3ds XL has 9% reduced blur.. and u see much crispy graphics.

Edited by Orion, 10 February 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#28 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Uhm. That makes no sence at all. Me wanting to sell Nintendo products.

As said, i have both (kids, my own) and personally I had more problems with focussing on the small one than on the XL.

It does indeed make fine sense. You are trying to push the Nintendo product of your choice onto another by being silly and even going to the lengths of saying 3D hurts on one but not the other when it is virtually the same tech. Which I stated the only difference in this case it is a slightly larger screen therefore requiring a further distance for said technology to work. Nothing in that should change the effects of how 3D imagery effects a person. It would be like saying, "This one console gives me a seizure but the step up doesn't", when you have seizures from fast flashing lights. As far buying the product if the person doesn't want the XL version so be it. That is exactly what the two are on the market for, a choice.

Well you replied to, "Might be a bit off topic but i'm thinking of getting one and just want to know if its true that you get headaches really easy when you go on it?" with "I had that with the 3ds in 3d mode but not so with the XL". Making the question revolving around headaches from the devices. Not sure how focusing on the smaller device with kids applies here, (shrug)

Edited by UnholyVision, 11 February 2013 - 01:01 AM.

#29 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

It does indeed make fine sense. You are trying to push the Nintendo product of your choice onto another by being silly and even going to the lengths of saying 3D hurts on one but not the other when it is virtually the same tech. Which I stated the only difference in this case it is a slightly larger screen therefore requiring a further distance for said technology to work. Nothing in that should change the effects of how 3D imagery effects a person. It would be like saying, "This one console gives me a seizure but the step up doesn't", when you have seizures from fast flashing lights. As far buying the product if the person doesn't want the XL version so be it. That is exactly what the two are on the market for, a choice.

Well you replied to, "Might be a bit off topic but i'm thinking of getting one and just want to know if its true that you get headaches really easy when you go on it?" with "I had that with the 3ds in 3d mode but not so with the XL". Making the question revolving around headaches from the devices. Not sure how focusing on the smaller device with kids applies here, (shrug)

Oh no, please stop. Why the heck would I want to convince anyone into buying anything. I just gave my genuine experience with both devices. Just for your info. Google the 3dsXL, one of the selling points is better 3D. That means less focussing from your eyes, easily reducing the chance of headaches. I did not know this sellingpoint but your post made me search for reference to build upon my dtatement. Easiest googlesearch ever.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#30 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

I never really had any problems with my 3DS however just one look at the XL and you can see how noticeably bigger the screen is, if you have the money you are much better off to go for the XL.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#31 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Oh please, stop! I thought pepole were better than this!

Edit-Can anyone please send me a pic of them holding the 3ds xl or the 3ds, i want to know the real grip!

Edited by Ernitis, 11 February 2013 - 10:12 AM.

-Kao the kangaroo

#32 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

@Ernitis: Plenty of videos like this showing people holding it & reviews. Possibly more helpful than an image.

@Lupaiea: If that makes you happy so be it. LOL

#33 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Is it only in black? I found it in blue, but i dont see any red! Sorry for these questions :)

-Kao the kangaroo

#34 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

XL has less colors than the 3DS in most regions. There is a red black, blue black, and like pink red (I think or maybe pink black) in XL. While 3DS has gray and even what they consider cosmo black being sort of black gray. Edit: Light to dark colors is what I mean to be a little more clear from what I was trying to get at. Since non-xl version has multiple color ranges.

Edited by UnholyVision, 11 February 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#35 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Dang it! I REALLY wanted a black one because it wloud go so good with my Premium Wii U

I so want the color i wloud even buy the original one just for the Cosmo Black!

EDIT-If you have any suggestions, fell free to say them, because I wont be getting it pretty soon! Still gotto get mi munny first! :)

Edited by Ernitis, 12 February 2013 - 07:44 AM.

-Kao the kangaroo

#36 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Dang it! I REALLY wanted a black one because it wloud go so good with my Premium Wii U. I so want the color i wloud even buy the original one just for the Cosmo Black!

gotto

I believe there are some skins out there for the 3DS. When I say skins I mean a full covering sticker to put on the device. Meaning you would have to find the right one and then apply it correctly to be inline to cover the old color. Though this could be an overall option to get the desired color you wish for the outside shelling at least. Yet I think there are also skins for the inside to go around the buttons as well, but that sort of defeats the purpose as you wanted it black and or grayish overall.

What Glittering Grotto.. If someone knows what I am talking about in this sort of joke without Googling kudos to you. ;)

#37 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

I believe there are some skins out there for the 3DS. When I say skins I mean a full covering sticker to put on the device. Meaning you would have to find the right one and then apply it correctly to be inline to cover the old color. Though this could be an overall option to get the desired color you wish for the outside shelling at least. Yet I think there are also skins for the inside to go around the buttons as well, but that sort of defeats the purpose as you wanted it black and or grayish overall.

What Glittering Grotto.. If someone knows what I am talking about in this sort of joke without Googling kudos to you. ;)

Thanks, i will check!

-Kao the kangaroo

#38 Calman102

Calman102

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

I would definitely choose the XL over the original. It just feels like a better build than the first, and the bigger screen really helps the 3D experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!