BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Every since the official Wii U launch sales were released, Nintendo haters rejoiced and whenever you google Wii U or Nintendo you'll always get a doom and gloom article such as "Nintendo is becoming irrelevant" "720 to benefit from Wii U's disappointments" or "Wii U sales struggling due to PS4/720 hype" so i wonder, is Nintendo really in as serious trouble as people make them to be?

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

You should only be worried if the media starts saying good things about nintendo. Thats how you know whatever they are doing is going to actually fail horribly.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

You should only be worried if the media starts saying good things about nintendo. Thats how you know whatever they are doing is going to actually fail horribly.

Im not worry at the slightly, im just wondering why so many people take the Wii U's poor sales as a sign that Nintendo is dying, but good point though.

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Time will tell i guess,i'm happy enough with mine, keep buying the odd eshop game and bought a couple of pre-owned top games but i only get around an hour every couple of days on it. Looking forward to the Aliens game!

Lets see how PS720 fairs in today's climate....
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Im not worry at the slightly, im just wondering why so many people take the Wii U's poor sales as a sign that Nintendo is dying, but good point though.

Because they want it to fail. Its as simple as that.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

difficult to say really, Nintendo do have problems with the Wii U, there is a dire lack of games & that is a big problem, people will look at what games there are before buying a console, most people thinking about buying a Wii U will already have either a X360 or PS3, so the Wii U needs to offer something now for them to want to buy a Wii U because otherwise they will keep their cash for a PS3 or X720.

i got three games when i got my Wii U on launch, those were Zombi U, Mario Land & NintendoLand, the only other game i got after was Black Ops 2, there is nothing else i want, don't say Mass Effect or Batman because i have them already on my PS3 &/or X360, the Wii U launch games were not very good, people said it was a strong line-up yes it was but half the games were year old ports with a couple of bells & whistles on them for the Wii U version.

why would someone with a PS3/X360 think about getting a Wii U when it doesn't even have the DLC for Black Ops 2.

money is tight at the moment for everyone so it goes without saying that the people with a Wii U have spare money to spend, but they have no games to buy for it, the Wii U has the same problems as the 3DS & Nintendo have not learned anything from that chaotic launch.

people keep going on about things will be great at E3 but all the media will be focused on the PS4 & X720 & the games being developed for those consoles, if the Wii U fails it will be the last Nintendo console i will buy, i have had all of them so far but with every generation Nintendo lose ground, people go on about how much money Nintendo have got & yes they have a lot of it, but they are now just burning through it, what happens when it runs out ?

Edited by alan666, 10 February 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

difficult to say really, Nintendo do have problems with the Wii U, there is a dire lack of games & that is a big problem, people will look at what games there are before buying a console, most people thinking about buying a Wii U will already have either a X360 or PS3, so the Wii U needs to offer something now for them to want to buy a Wii U because otherwise they will keep their cash for a PS3 or X720.
i got three games when i got my Wii U on launch, those were Zombi U, Mario Land & NintendoLand, the only other game i got after was Black Ops 2, there is nothing else i want, don't say Mass Effect or Batman because i have them already on my PS3 &/or X360, the Wii U launch games were not very good, people said it was a strong line-up yes it was but half the games were year old ports with a couple of bells & whistles on them for the Wii U version.
why would someone with a PS3/X360 think about getting a Wii U when it doesn't even have the DLC for Black Ops 2.
money is tight at the moment for everyone so it goes without saying that the people with a Wii U have spare money to spend, but they have no games to buy for it, the Wii U has the same problems as the 3DS & Nintendo have not learned anything from that chaotic launch.
people keep going on about things will be great at E3 but all the media will be focused on the PS4 & X720 & the games being developed for those consoles, if the Wii U fails it will be the last Nintendo console i will buy, i have had all of them so far but with every generation Nintendo lose ground, people go on about how much money Nintendo have got & yes they have a lot of it, but they are now just burning through it, what happens when it runs out ?

they have around 50 billion dollars, with a console launch they list 300 million in operating losses last year, so lets say with more wii us sold nd more games therefore they lose about 200 million a year from now on and...250 years from now the will burn out.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

they have around 50 billion dollars, with a console launch they list 300 million in operating losses last year, so lets say with more wii us sold nd more games therefore they lose about 200 million a year from now on and...250 years from now the will burn out.

they lose money on each Wii U sold.

50 billion is 50 thousand million, so if Nintendo lose 200 million a year they will run out of money in 25 years.

don't forget how much they have to pay out, how much has Bayonetta 2 cost Nintendo & how much will they have to pay out to get other games on the system or pay for DLC for games like Black Ops 2 ?

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

they lose money on each Wii U sold.
50 billion is 50 thousand million, so if Nintendo lose 200 million a year they will run out of money in 25 years.
don't forget how much they have to pay out, how much has Bayonetta 2 cost Nintendo & how much will they have to pay out to get other games on the system or pay for DLC for games like Black Ops 2 ?

do it on a calculator, 50000000000/200000000=250... And doing these things is t hurting them it will help them in the long run. And ninty said that if you buy 1 game for the system it becomes profitable, and the deluxe set is profitable just off the shelf. Who buys a console w/o the game anyway?

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

the number of years doesn't really matter (your maths is correct)

no company can lose two hundred million a year.

if Nintendo have all this money washing about they should invest it in buying up some developers & publishers, how about paying for GTA V to be ported over to the Wii U for example ?

#11 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

One thing you will learn as you get older. Don't believe anything in the media and never believe stats on the internet.

Edited by cannonshane, 10 February 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#12 MechaGS

MechaGS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Once again the media have turned to slating a new console just because it's different and there are no engines, frameworks or kits out for it to utilise the full potential of the machine. Sony and Microsoft will get the same treatment once their new systems hit and people realise they're not very different in the beginning compared to the current gen.

Of course new technologies and code-bases will come along and improve all three. Nintendo were just unlucky to get hit by it first cause they released first but I say give it time and the system will take it's place as a next generation machine.

#13 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Once again the media have turned to slating a new console just because it's different and there are no engines, frameworks or kits out for it to utilise the full potential of the machine. Sony and Microsoft will get the same treatment once their new systems hit and people realise they're not very different in the beginning compared to the current gen.

Of course new technologies and code-bases will come along and improve all three. Nintendo were just unlucky to get hit by it first cause they released first but I say give it time and the system will take it's place as a next generation machine.

Sony (not sure about Microsoft) seems to have been smart about the ps4 and seem to have launch games that will likely show of the extra power available. What do you think Nuaghty Dog's Uncharted Dev team has been doing for two years, or what about Sucker Punch and Guerilla Games for over two years (nearly three)? Nintendo's released a 2d mario no doubt as it was the easiest to have out on time, but they needed something like Bayonetta 2 and a 3d mario game (or Zelda at launch) and they really needed Pikmin out now or very soon if they wanted to avoid this drought.

#14 MechaGS

MechaGS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Sony (not sure about Microsoft) seems to have been smart about the ps4 and seem to have launch games that will likely show of the extra power available. What do you think Nuaghty Dog's Uncharted Dev team has been doing for two years, or what about Sucker Punch and Guerilla Games for over two years (nearly three)? Nintendo's released a 2d mario no doubt as it was the easiest to have out on time, but they needed something like Bayonetta 2 and a 3d mario game (or Zelda at launch) and they really needed Pikmin out now or very soon if they wanted to avoid this drought.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. The games on offer aren't the best to showcase the Wii U and it seems Sony have Killzone 4 prepping as a launch title on PS4 for example. Microsoft probably have a Halo in the pipeline at 343 Studios so they'll be out to get the best from their machine too.

I was speaking more about the fact that third parties haven't really pushed the console yet... most of what's out on Wii U are ports from XBOX 360 games thus they've not taken the time to get the power out of the console. I'm hoping that with new technologies and engines coming that the Wii U will see some big changes in it's future.

Nintendo's offering has been good but not the best. A new 2D Super Mario Bros always sells consoles but it wasn't the best choice for showing off much of the technology there-in. I'm sure Nintendo will start showing us some awesome stuff soon and Bayonetta 2 from Platinum looks like it's shaping up nicely.

#15 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

... somewhat true. game was ment to be advertised mainly by word of mouth and the PS4/720 fanboys have alot bigger mouths than the wiiU owners. many gimp the consul to well below what it is, and the people who want to consider it see the doom and gloom posts but dont look/know enough to beleave them. overall nintendo financialy, they pretty much just burnt the first doller on a big pile. but do to nintendos extreme custimation, giving the consul the ability to use alot of power but harder to use it, was being developed up to the last second, for atleast 3 years, even nintendo couldnt develop top line games using its power early, Y they are all comming late =/. also Y PS4 has good lineup, easy to code for system on uncustomized PC parts. but nintendo will probly end up doing a push for more 3rdparty, some going exclusive.

some people are saying this. funny that one of the rumored wiiU GPU bases is pretty much the 720 GPU. all will take a hit. wiiU likly took the worst as it had the group wanting it to fail, traded for a early launch. the group wanting wiiU to fail will also deny any PS4/720 faults. but to me it looks like a GC/xbox gen hardware wise.

#16 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

I reckon the world is just filled with to many people that just need to have a cry about something. There are bigger problems in the world seriously. I cant help but laugh at the people who got so angry about the rayman thing it was freakin hilarious lol

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#17 Bonac

Bonac

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,Megaman, Metal Gear Solid

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Its funny that people think a company like nintendo would fail, im sure they have a back up plan for their back up like seriously....

#18 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Its funny that people think a company like nintendo would fail, im sure they have a back up plan for their back up like seriously....

Nintendo isn't as bulletproof as you think. Had the DS failed Nintendo would no longer exist, at least not as a console maker.

#19 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

3DS went through the same experiences too actually. Nintendo depended on third parties to cover up the dry months, and well... it didn't work as planned. The price might have also been a factor too, but I think it was mostly a games problem. In any case, why pay attention to "Nintendo haters?" It's not as if they often have anything good to say. Games journalism might jump on the "Nintendo is doomed" to get hits or if they're bored, but bear in mind that the Wii U hasn't even been out for a whole year yet. The Wii U can still change for the better before the holidays start. Unless we see Nintendo doing some sort of Wii U Ambassadors program, I don't think they're as doomed as we think they are.

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

The 3DS launch was like this as well, no games for months, dismal sales, and slow OS. It's like this with every new system regardless of him big the brand name is. People should realize by now that you're aren't going to get five or ten quality games at launch from Nintendo, sorry that's not just happening. The Wii U will pick up momentum once E3 comes around, expect to see games from Nintendo and third party developers. It's like Lain said, sites like Kotaku, Eurogamer, IGN write doom articles because they want to make a profit. They'll be doing the same thing for the 720 and PS4 when there's no games for months.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!