• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Does Wii Sports really count, though? I mean, it's bundled in with every Wii, basically.

Not in Japan.

#42 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for standing up against the haters on this website. Excellent point and I admire that.
I knew you would be here spreading your skepticism. Thats all you ever do here. Try IGN instead.
It looks like someone missed January's Nintendo direct. Its on youtube ATM. As for third parties they will be wonb over after the IP explosion.
They should all be here by early next year. Than I can bet it will sell like hotcakes.

Its no skepticism but my opinion what I believe to be the reality. Coming from a fan boy like you I expect such an immature and biased response. Incase you you have no clue this is a forum where people post their opinions and views. I have just as much right as you to post here. I suggest you stop being such a blatant fanboy and so blinded by what Nintendo does as well as believing they can do no wrong. If you don't like what others have to say then maybe you should stay away from these forums.

#43 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

I knew you would be here spreading your skepticism. Thats all you ever do here. Try IGN instead.

I agree that there are some people on this site that can be a bit too critical of the Wii U at times. However, Scotty and Gamejunkie are right about the Wii and Wii U on this occasion. It wasnt games like Wii Fit and Wii Sports that sold the Wii, it was the fact that it was something completely new and unique and because it was aimed at a casual market which meant everyone, and I mean everyone, could play the Wii. The Wii U on the other hand doesnt bring something that is quite as unique as motion controls were at the time of the Wii's release. Sure, the gamepad can be unique, but so far most of the games released have been old ports and the only game I have seen that uses the gamepad's potential is ZombiU. On top of this you have the fact that Wii U is aimed at a more "hardcore gamer" market than Wii and that there are few games being released at the moment. Nintendo relied too heavily on third party support that they thought they would get, and so dont have any of their own games ready at this time.

So you cant really compare the Wii U to the Wii as it is a completely different time with a completely different console with a completely different target market. Im sure the Wii U will pick up later in the year when we have more games coming out but these "haters" that say things like "nintendo are doomed" have been around for years and say the same thing about every Nintendo console released, but they have always been wrong.

Edited by Hunter, 16 February 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#44 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Does Wii Sports really count, though? I mean, it's bundled in with every Wii, basically.

japan had to buy it separately

wa3Nq7j.png

#45 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Saturn you really need to tone down the fanboyism its bordering on embarrasing,No I didnt miss the nd or anything else.There is nothing with the exception of blops 2 atm I want to play.Announcement this that or the other is fine but the console was in development for at least 2 years where was the planning for now?If this were a report card it would say C- capable of much better.

Edited by scotty79, 16 February 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image

#46 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Wii Sports definitely sold the Wii. The uniqueness of the controller and the potential of that game opened up new markets for video games.

Nintendo are really going to have a hard time of it from now on in. Mediocre hardware with no outstanding unique feature, poor operating system and no games that get people buzzing and to add to all that, so damn expensive!

A system for hardcore Nintendo fans only, which is not enough to keep them competitive.

#47 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

'Killer apps' come in all shapes and sizes and are not necessarily 18-rated FPS.

But of all those games how many appeal to what is considered a core gamer. Not many, ergo you aren't going to convince core gamers to invest in a nintendo console with such lists. All I see are some casual games and mario and zelda. Nothing wrong with that but it just shows nintendo has the casual audience and mario and zelda.... and that is about it.

#48 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Wii Sports definitely sold the Wii. The uniqueness of the controller and the potential of that game opened up new markets for video games.

Nintendo are really going to have a hard time of it from now on in. Mediocre hardware with no outstanding unique feature, poor operating system and no games that get people buzzing and to add to all that, so damn expensive!

A system for hardcore Nintendo fans only, which is not enough to keep them competitive.

Some would say to differ.

Yes the OS is infuriatingly slow, yes their has been a lack of titles. Remember though that it's only been 3 months since launch, you can't expect a console to not have it's flaws, sure the OS is a little unforgivable but it will get improved over time with updates, as did the PS3 & 360. Games will come in time, it's far too early to say the WiiU won't get enough support.

Also i found the price point just right, compared to last gen it's cheap as chips, sure the economy has been pretty bad but i feel that people are making a way to bigger issue about.

Just my opinion.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#49 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Oh great, a communist Nintendo fan; this wont end well.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#50 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Sure it's doing poorly, but it's not good to call this "Nintendo's doom" when the other consoles haven't even been released yet. -_- All its missing is games! I know game development takes time but still...

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#51 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Sales will pick up when the games bieng released arn't shovelware and ports, I give it 6 months, sales will get better, much better.

#52 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Yes the OS is slow and there aren't enough compelling games. The hardware is hardly mediocre although the likelyhood is that it won't compare to Sony and Microsoft's new offerings its still quite beefy. Its also not expensive in my opinion and priced just fine considering what you get. If the OS was in better shape and the compelling games were there it probably would be in a much healthier state.

But of all those games how many appeal to what is considered a core gamer. Not many, ergo you aren't going to convince core gamers to invest in a nintendo console with such lists. All I see are some casual games and mario and zelda. Nothing wrong with that but it just shows nintendo has the casual audience and mario and zelda.... and that is about it.

Agreed.

Sure it's doing poorly, but it's not good to call this "Nintendo's doom" when the other consoles haven't even been released yet. -_- All its missing is games! I know game development takes time but still...

Its just baffling to see people making excuses for Nintendo. This is the whole point. Its missing the compelling games with not much in site especially from third parties.

Sales will pick up when the games bieng released arn't shovelware and ports, I give it 6 months, sales will get better, much better.

Yes but the games need to be here now.

People keep on saying it takes time to release games. That's not an excuse. These games should have been in place and in development long ago. It looks like the third party devs came on board pretty late in the game. They would have known about the console, its specs and when it was coming out and they could have prepared for it.

#53 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

In my opinion there is no excuse for Nintendo not to along side nsmbu have at least another great first party titles like zelda or metroid etc, they obviously know a year or so in advance when the console was going to launch.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#54 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Yes the OS is slow and there aren't enough compelling games. The hardware is hardly mediocre although the likelyhood is that it won't compare to Sony and Microsoft's new offerings its still quite beefy. Its also not expensive in my opinion and priced just fine considering what you get. If the OS was in better shape and the compelling games were there it probably would be in a much healthier state.

Agreed.

Its just baffling to see people making excuses for Nintendo. This is the whole point. Its missing the compelling games with not much in site especially from third parties.

Yes but the games need to be here now

People keep on saying it takes time to release games. That's not an excuse. These games should have been in place and in development long ago. It looks like the third party devs came on board pretty late in the game. They would have known about the console, its specs and when it was coming out and they could have prepared for it.

Agree with fairly much all of this,I am not a "fanboy" of any console/firm I just go where the games are I want to play.At the minute I am underwhelmed by the offerings that are available to me as of now.The wiiu did not just materialize in nov last year it was in development for probably around two years.At this time nintendo should have been busy at work ensuring new games were available at this time.It seems like they were sitting on their hands instead software wise.I mean we got an ok if generic mario,nintendo land from nntendo 1st party,we also got some worthwhile 3rd party games zombiu,ac3 and black ops 2.People need to ask themselves is that enough to make people drop a considerable amount of money on a wiiu?

Some of the stuff on the horizon looks good,but until its here and available its not relevant.We may see an upturn in wiiu sales once the titles in development show up.Or it might be competing with newer more powerful consoles with better third party support by then.Only time will tell.For my money nintendo should have been home and hosed by the time these new consoles turn up.I just cant get my head around what nintendo were doing software wise while the wiiu was in development (mario and nintendoland only?),this is a serious oversight and bad planning.

Edited by scotty79, 17 February 2013 - 04:28 AM.

Posted Image

#55 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Sadly unlike Nintendo handhelds, Nintendo consoles lack a true killer app, Mario and Zelda won't be enough to entice people to buy a Wii U over a PS4 or 720 this holiday, i don't think anything can save Nintendo this time.

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 17 February 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#56 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Sadly unlike Nintendo handhelds, Nintendo consoles lack a true killer app, Mario and Zelda won't be enough to entice people to buy a Wii U over a PS4 or 720 this holiday, i don't think anything can save Nintendo this time.

What killer "app" will the PS4 or 720 provide?
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#57 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

What killer "app" will the PS4 or 720 provide?

Pretty much all of MS and Sony's IPs will attract hardcore gamers and third-party support is fizzling for the Wii U which will kill interest in buying a Wii U, Nintendo doesn't have the casual crowd to help them this time their going to have to rely on their core fan base for sales which isn't going to help much.

#58 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

A remarkable killer app called full and undiluted 3rd party support.Nintendo should have gone the whole hog with the 3rd party this time.Whole thing was there for the taking.Its almost like they learned nothing from the wii and the type of gamers it repelled

Edited by scotty79, 17 February 2013 - 07:02 AM.

Posted Image

#59 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Apparently Nintendo made the Wii U and though it would basically promote and sell it self, obviously Nintendo is out of touch with what is going on around them in today's gaming industry.

#60 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Its no skepticism but my opinion what I believe to be the reality. Coming from a fan boy like you I expect such an immature and biased response. Incase you you have no clue this is a forum where people post their opinions and views. I have just as much right as you to post here. I suggest you stop being such a blatant fanboy and so blinded by what Nintendo does as well as believing they can do no wrong. If you don't like what others have to say then maybe you should stay away from these forums.

Agree with you completely. I also been attacked by the fanboys on this site. In their eyes Nintendo can do no wrong, and there is something wrong with me and not Nintendo. I been playing Nintendo consoles for 20+ years. The Wii was a big disappointment for me. I have a Wii U, enjoyed Zombi U but what else am I supposed to play? There nothing on the horizon and that Nintendo Direct from a few weeks ago didn't show anything that interests me. I am seriously considering getting a PS4 for the triple A games and just my Wii U for the ocassional good game that might come its way.
Where is Bioshock Infinite for Wii U? Why did they show Ken Levine praising the Wii U on E3 2011 and now we aren't getting Bioshock.
GTA5? Are we going to get it?

Edited by Shogo, 17 February 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!