routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

I don't agree. The 360 and PS3 whilst maybe not as powerful as the Wii U provide overall a far better gaming experience. Apart from the Gamepad second screen the Wii U doesn't provide anything new. The online service on the Xbox is far more sophisticated. The PS3 has Playstation Plus. The online stores and account system as well as how content is tied to the account is far better on the PS3 and Xbox. Transferring content from one console to another is far easier on both platforms. The media playback capability is far better on both then the Wii U. The PS3 is region free. Do I need to go on. Nintendo has a lot to learn about the user experience.

You make a valid point, but IMO MiiVerse is innovative and fresh as far as Online gaming communities go. The control options with the Wii U are far better, but game dependent in many situations.

As far as digital downloads and content management, they haven't done too bad for themselves, and I expect they'll continue to grow the offerings and let the platform evolve like Microsoft has. I subbed to PS+ for two years, and it was worthless. Still worthless IMO. Live is great but developing, nurturing, and evolving an online community takes time and resources, I don't see any evidence to suggest Nintendo isn't making an effort to make things better.

You may consider your arguments realistic but I don't see them as such. You are, in fact, holding Nintendo to a different standard. A strong launch isn't strong if it's Nintendo, innovative controls and experiences aren't innovative if it is Nintendo. Nintendo has three months to do something many journalists and fanboys will happily give Sony or Microsoft years to accomplish. Complete rubbish. You keep saying that Wii U "may" be "slightly" more powerful than PS360 but that conversation isn't anywhere near concluded. Most developers still don't have the foggiest idea of what this hardware is capable of. All we know for sure is that with little to no time with final hardware and running code optimized for a completely different hardware environment, the Wii U can handle unoptimized X360 code. We can see from recent announcements game environments that absolutely murder the best of what the 360 was able to offer, but only time with final code on games built for this system will tell.

Also, Live, even for subscribers is littered with advertisements, which to me kills any user experience I might have had. The only thing I've ever found Live useful for was multiplayer. Their social features have gone completely unused except for trying it out after they released. PS+ was even more useless for me, because it wasn't necessary for online play and the only reason I subscribed was for the free games initially. I've used MiiVerse more in the first two months of owning the Wii U than I did in 6 years of Live as far as social features are concerned.

NNID's are new and I expect that system to evolve as well.

#22 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

You make a valid point, but IMO MiiVerse is innovative and fresh as far as Online gaming communities go. The control options with the Wii U are far better, but game dependent in many situations.

As far as digital downloads and content management, they haven't done too bad for themselves, and I expect they'll continue to grow the offerings and let the platform evolve like Microsoft has. I subbed to PS+ for two years, and it was worthless. Still worthless IMO. Live is great but developing, nurturing, and evolving an online community takes time and resources, I don't see any evidence to suggest Nintendo isn't making an effort to make things better.

You may consider your arguments realistic but I don't see them as such. You are, in fact, holding Nintendo to a different standard. A strong launch isn't strong if it's Nintendo, innovative controls and experiences aren't innovative if it is Nintendo. Nintendo has three months to do something many journalists and fanboys will happily give Sony or Microsoft years to accomplish. Complete rubbish. You keep saying that Wii U "may" be "slightly" more powerful than PS360 but that conversation isn't anywhere near concluded. Most developers still don't have the foggiest idea of what this hardware is capable of. All we know for sure is that with little to no time with final hardware and running code optimized for a completely different hardware environment, the Wii U can handle unoptimized X360 code. We can see from recent announcements game environments that absolutely murder the best of what the 360 was able to offer, but only time with final code on games built for this system will tell.

Also, Live, even for subscribers is littered with advertisements, which to me kills any user experience I might have had. The only thing I've ever found Live useful for was multiplayer. Their social features have gone completely unused except for trying it out after they released. PS+ was even more useless for me, because it wasn't necessary for online play and the only reason I subscribed was for the free games initially. I've used MiiVerse more in the first two months of owning the Wii U than I did in 6 years of Live as far as social features are concerned.

NNID's are new and I expect that system to evolve as well.

Extremely Well Said!

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#23 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Put it this way, 8th gen sales so far:

720 = 0
PS4 = 0
Wii U = 3,000,000 +

Yes it's silly to compare sales figures for consoles not released yet but that's the point. Are developers too stupid to realise Wii U is already out so why not use some initiative, be creative and make something new which could appeal to those 3 million plus users already established!!!!

I mean Nintendo even give them the tools (GamePad) to do something which sets them apart from other games, thus giving people an even better reason to purchase Wii U over it's competitors.
Wii U is a 8th gen console designed to compete with PS4 and 720 not current consoles.

#24 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Thanks Brandon. You couldnt have made a better point.

Rubbish. There is nothing pessimistic about my comments. They are realistic. They are also 100% within the context of this thread. Not to mention you don't own this site nor are you a moderator and can't tell me what to post or not to post. If you can't accept what's realistic then maybe you should stay out of this thread.

Nope GameJunkie. Learn to make sure your thoughts are valid before you post.

Edited by FallenSaturn, 11 February 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Thanks Brandon. You couldnt have made a better point.
Nope GameJunkie. Learn to make sure your thoughts are valid before you post.

Nope nothing wrong with my comments as they are totally valid. To be honest any thing posted by a fanboy like you is not in the least credible anyway. I suggest you learn not to be such a fanboy or be so biased when it comes to Nintendo.

#26 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Nope nothing wrong with my comments as they are totally valid. To be honest any thing posted by a fanboy like you is not in the least credible anyway. I suggest you learn not to be such a fanboy or be so biased when it comes to Nintendo.

You are being a fanboy for attacking a console dispite its cool stuff. You just look at the bad like any fanboy.

Signature_DK.png

#27 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

You are being a fanboy for attacking a console dispite its cool stuff. You just look at the bad like any fanboy.

Absolute rubbish. I'm not attacking anything just giving criticism where its due. And what cool stuff. You're the fanboy for being so blinded that you can't see that the Wii U has faults and Nintendo is just too stubborn to get with the times and try and be aggressive and also to compete with their rivals. There is nothing fanboyish about me because unlike you I'm prepared to compliment Nintendo, MS and Sony where its warranted and criticise them where that's warranted. None of them are perfect and all have their pros and cons but that said both MS and Sony have come far closer to a great user experience then Nintendo.

Boy, you sure love to try and start arguments huh?
All i did was make a suggestion because im "getting tired of hearing the same argument", didnt
expect the person i directed it towards to act like a child ("you cant tell me what to do, youre not a mod!")
I guess you cant post anything these days without someone having a hissy fit...
oh well

You're the one who started the argument because you don't want me to express my opinion because you think its wrong. I would say if anyone's being immature its you. As for hissy fit its you who had a hissy fit at what I said originally which wasn't even directed at you. Its pretty much a double standard on your part when you criticise me but ignore all the other threads and comments along the same lines on these forums.

#28 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Absolute rubbish. I'm not attacking anything just giving criticism where its due. And what cool stuff. You're the fanboy for being so blinded that you can't see that the Wii U has faults and Nintendo is just too stubborn to get with the times and try and be aggressive and also to compete with their rivals. There is nothing fanboyish about me because unlike you I'm prepared to compliment Nintendo, MS and Sony where its warranted and criticise them where that's warranted. None of them are perfect and all have their pros and cons but that said both MS and Sony have come far closer to a great user experience then Nintendo.

You're the one who started the argument because you don't want me to express my opinion because you think its wrong. I would say if anyone's being immature its you. As for hissy fit its you who had a hissy fit at what I said originally which wasn't even directed at you. Its pretty much a double standard on your part when you criticise me but ignore all the other threads and comments along the same lines on these forums.

LOL The Wii U just began and you are already saying its inferior to a console thats been around for over 6 years. At least give the Wii U an equal amount of time before you judge it.

Signature_DK.png

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

I think he was just pointing out that your posts in this thread are contrary to the spirit of the discussion. If you had said something along the lines of "I'm not tired of it because they have a point" you'd have gotten less flak. As it is you went into a discussion about being tired of hearing people spreading FUD and recycled the same arguments the OP was referring to in the first place. It's obvious you're very passionate about your opinion on the matter and far be it from anyone here to take that away from you, but there is little to gain from deriding individuals for asking you to be mindful of the spirit in which the topic was created.

How's about we get back on topic gents.

#30 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I know the feeling, I'm sick of the same old sh!t too...............................

#31 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

HOW about we all stop arguing and posting, come back to this thread 2.11.2014 and pick up from there...

#32 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Posted Image

I dont have a wiiu but i can already see that miverse, from what i saw was better than live. what i want to see is a cloud-like storage device so you can play saved game and transfer you mii to other consoles, a party chat (if they dont have one), and a music player (if they can add one) would like to listen to music while playing a game and then be abole to change the song midgame via the game pad. maybe other things that i cant think of atm.

also. yea i really dont like live and xbox interface much except for the party chat and music player. its littered with adds and bing is prety much useles. they try to cram sales down your throats and an make you pay for everything they can get a hold of, music, videos, games, avatar stuff, dlc, ect. at least with the wiiu (based on what iv seen) you dont have to see that stuff unless you go to the eshop in which case, youre probably there to buy something or at leas look at what it has to offer unlike xbox throwing it in your face...

it all comes down to preference.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, not next gen, dissapointment, get bent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!