NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Nice to see this port coming, and in just a few weeks. Also, a solid price of $40.00 including the 4 expansions.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/amazing-spider-man-hits-wii-u-march-5-6404008?tag=nl.e513&s_cid=e513&ttag=e513

Excerpt:

Activision and Marvel Entertainment announced today that The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition will arrive for Wii U on March 5 in North America, followed by a March 8 launch in Europe. All other versions launched last year.

Posted Image

The Wii U version of The Amazing Spider-Man will be available at launch for $40 and includes four on-disc expansions. These are the Stan Lee Adventure Pack, the Lizard Rampage Pack, the Rhino Challenge, and the Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack.

In addition, The Amazing Spider-Man for Wii U uses the GamePad as an "Oscorp OsPhone," allowing players to access Spider-Man's in-game cell phone to accept new challenges, navigate the city, and manage upgrades. The game also supports off-screen play.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

i dont know about this game. i played spiderman two for the gamecube and loved it but theres a different voice ;_; kinda off setting. (i know its based off the mvie with the other guy) and tho the web swinging looks pretty cool, i kinda like the gcn more. made me feel awesome when i was able to swing for a long time without smacking into a building.

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

What the hell is the point of this? most games based on movies suck... except for the first iron man game and transformers game, those two were decent...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

This is actually a pretty sweet game. Good gameplay, similiar fighting to the Arkham Batman-games, open-world city, lots of references to the Spider-Man universe but also other ones (like the Ninja Turtles). The only thing it lacks is basicly a great storyline (like Arkham City) but then again... its based on the movie and not even the movie had that much of a (good) story. Would definetely recommend people to buy this (Maybe not in March when many other good games are coming out as well, but you know.. April, May..June..July... even August).

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

What the hell is the point of this? most games based on movies suck... except for the first iron man game and transformers game, those two were decent...

Lets just gripe about a new game thats coming to the system instead of be happy that at least we are getting something

#6 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Wait, Activision are doing a WiiU game! i thought they didn't think it was worth it?
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#7 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Wiiii another port. That's going to..flop! We need new games to get more gamers interested. This should be £20, not £40.

#8 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Wait, Activision are doing a WiiU game! i thought they didn't think it was worth it?

Well, im guessing that you are referring to Bobby Koticks comment on disappointing sales? Even though that Activision is basicly the one publisher that has shown the most support with third-party content for the platform so far (together with Warner Bros). They have Skylanders Giants, Skylanders Swap Force, Call of Duty Black Ops II, 007 Legends, The Amazing Spider-Man, Angry Birds Trilogy, Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 2013, Nova, Rapala Pro Bass Fishing, The Walking Dead, Transformers Prime and WipeOut 3 announced/released so far. Thats more then any other publisher.

Also in the statement from Kotick the point wasnt to say that "it isnt worth it" but "We're going to have to figure out how to take advantage of the unique capabilities of new hardware, and that requires new skills and investment in tools, and technology and engines"

As with Watch Dogs i am guessing that we will see very few platform-exclusive games this generation due to high development costs. We are most likely to see development as within personal computers where engines are made to be less and more demanding. Like Watch Dogs can look a lot better on Xbox 3, PC and Playstation 4 but still be released on Wii U, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Wiiii another port. That's going to..flop! We need new games to get more gamers interested. This should be £20, not £40.

Well, WE dont need to get more gamers interested. Nintendo do. What WE need to do is to show that Wii U owners not only are willing to buy New Super Mario Bros. U. This is a consumer-driven market. If we dont buy third-party games, there wont be any third-party games. Thats how easy it is.

(And there is nothing unique about the situation for Wii U and how it has turned out for other platforms. It took almost 2 years before Playstation 2 got games. When Xbox arrived it had goddamn Blood Wake and a port of Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2. What did Wii have? Far Cry Vengeance and Red Steel? Xbox 360 lived on PS2-ports for almost a year and on Playstation 3 the only third-party games we got early on was the likes of Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End, Spider-Man 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Game development takes time and most companies arent willing to put the effort or money in until their is a steady userbase as well as consumers showing interest)

Edited by LaserSWE, 16 February 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

i dont know about this game. i played spiderman two for the gamecube and loved it but theres a different voice ;_; kinda off setting. (i know its based off the mvie with the other guy) and tho the web swinging looks pretty cool, i kinda like the gcn more. made me feel awesome when i was able to swing for a long time without smacking into a building.

Its no where near as good as Spiderman 2 (that was a brilliant game IMO) but its still a fun game. Definitely worth buying when it goes down in price a little.

#10 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Its no where near as good as Spiderman 2 (that was a brilliant game IMO) but its still a fun game. Definitely worth buying when it goes down in price a little.

A shame you didn't mention "The Ultimate Spiderman Game" but I forgive you.

#11 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

This unfortunately wont be the game to keep me occupied until there is something more substantial to play.
Posted Image

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

This is actually a pretty sweet game. Good gameplay, similiar fighting to the Arkham Batman-games, open-world city, lots of references to the Spider-Man universe but also other ones (like the Ninja Turtles). The only thing it lacks is basicly a great storyline (like Arkham City) but then again... its based on the movie and not even the movie had that much of a (good) story. Would definetely recommend people to buy this (Maybe not in March when many other good games are coming out as well, but you know.. April, May..June..July... even August).

Judging by the the console versions I would have to disagree. Its a poor game with poor gameplay and aesthetically not very good. No to mention its yet another port of a game that was already released a while back. We need new games either console exclusives or new multi platform new releases that coincide with the other versions. This is just another kick in the teeth for Wii U owners.

Lets just gripe about a new game thats coming to the system instead of be happy that at least we are getting something

You may be happy with a port of a sub standard game already released on other platforms but not everyone is.

#13 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

i actually played this on ps3, it was really good, uses batmans combat system.

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yes exactly.

i actually played this on ps3, it was really good, uses batmans combat system.

Probably because the Wii has bad ports...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

A shame you didn't mention "The Ultimate Spiderman Game" but I forgive you.

Im so sorry, i should've mentioned that. It was awesome getting to play as venom as well as spiderman. Unfortunately i found that free-roaming became boring a lot faster on Ultimate Spiderman. Still, it was a great game. Playing as Venom reminded me of that awesome Incredible Hulk game, where you just went around smashing everything in sight.

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

We get a new game and we still have people crying about it. Jesus Christ.

40$ is a good price

#17 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

We get a new game and we still have people crying about it. Jesus Christ.

40$ is a good price

What are you talking about? E3 will show A LOT of games, and who was the weasel that was whining for them to port this gameto Wii U any ways??? No one!

sfOI1m6.jpg

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

What are you talking about? E3 will show A LOT of games, and who was the weasel that was whining for them to port this gameto Wii U any ways??? No one!

What are you talking about? What does this have to do with E3?

#19 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

What are you talking about? What does this have to do with E3?

E3 is when they announce games...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

E3 is when they announce games...

Again, What does this have to do with E3?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!