Photo

Is there still a chance the Vita could beat the 3DS in sales?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

ouch never thought fanboyism had gotten in the wii u forum's so bad it's in my opinion entirely possible for the vita to surpass the 3ds the hardware is already way beyond the 3ds performance wise and i seem too remember the 3ds having a slow start and more recently a certain home console from the big N keep the faith as bon jovi once sang all it takes is good solid games that push the hardware and hey presto.

The fanboyism in this thread is killing me. But anyway, it's likely that it won't happen. The Vita isn't attracting many people, but if all goes well (hopefully), I see it selling as good as the PSP.

I think there's a difference between fanboyism, and recognizing that the 3DS is outselling the Vita 7:1. If I've got my facts straight, the Vita has sold 4 million systems worldwide compared to the 3DS's 28 million systems.

The other big difference is that the 3DS is getting more game support than the Vita at this point. Etrian Odyssey 4, Soul Hackers, Ace Attorney 5, the Professor Layton series, not to mention eShop offerings. Granted, the Vita is getting its own games, but nothing with as much widespread appeal as what the 3DS is getting.

So uh...yeah. If the Vita even got remotely close (AKA: Within 5, 7.5 million units of the 3DS) in its lifetime, it'd be a miracle.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#22 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think there's a difference between fanboyism, and recognizing that the 3DS is outselling the Vita 7:1. If I've got my facts straight, the Vita has sold 4 million systems worldwide compared to the 3DS's 28 million systems.

The other big difference is that the 3DS is getting more game support than the Vita at this point. Etrian Odyssey 4, Soul Hackers, Ace Attorney 5, the Professor Layton series, not to mention eShop offerings. Granted, the Vita is getting its own games, but nothing with as much widespread appeal as what the 3DS is getting.

So uh...yeah. If the Vita even got remotely close (AKA: Within 5, 7.5 million units of the 3DS) in its lifetime, it'd be a miracle.

When I say fanboyism, I'm talking about comments like this:

The Vitas aren't even worth 1 dollar, let alone 5.

Obviously the Vita will never outsell the 3DS. That's just common sense by now.

#23 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Just NO!

#24 Hellsing

Hellsing

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Probably not. It barely has any developer support and that doesn't seem like it'll change unfortunately. It's a great system, but it has VERY few games.

#25 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (sips water)

BWAHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa....No

#26 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wow, even if we just asked.. Could Vita outsell 3DS in Japan the answer is a factual NO. 3DS is outselling vita close to a 46:1 ratio in Japan alone.

Edited by Sorceror12, 19 February 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!