• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Ginko

Ginko

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

If Destiny came out for wii u, I feel like it would fail. Then again, it may not.

#22 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

well i hated halo. if this has any of the online mechanics of it then i probably wont get it. i do hop it comes tot he wii u tho. if they implement the gamepad in a good way then i could sell some consoles.

#23 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Well, they have some staff members of retro now...

But metroid is not bungies gameplay style. At all. They dont really do platforming, powerups, and powerup derived exploration very well, as their ideas of powerups are very rpg like in nature, like choosing which stat points to adjust after a level up, or after aquiring certain items.

A bungie version of fallout, or elder scrolls would be much more of the correct direction for bungie what if's... Though... After destiny hits i dont think many people will care about fallout anymore unless they SERIOUSLY step up their game.

didnt 343 get retro guuys insteadd of bungie

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

I really hope this comes to the Wii U. It's already been shown that graphical limitations aren't preventing games from being released on the system, and the GPU's in the Orbis and Durango are not going to be so much more powerful as to create a large gap in graphical capability. It's up to the publisher, so here's to hoping Activision does something good by us.

#25 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

in the oficial pre-order site they dont have PC or Wii U.... or am wrong? http://www.destinyth....com/wheretobuy

Edited by Orion, 19 February 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

I really hope this comes to the Wii U. It's already been shown that graphical limitations aren't preventing games from being released on the system, and the GPU's in the Orbis and Durango are not going to be so much more powerful as to create a large gap in graphical capability. It's up to the publisher, so here's to hoping Activision does something good by us.

They got the ones who worked on halo 4. thats right.

in the oficial pre-order site they dont have PC or Wii U.... or am wrong? http://www.destinyth....com/wheretobuy

Nope. When specifically asked about wii u in an interview activision pr guy said they could not comment on that, but that they loved nintendo and already had 'lots of support on wii u'

I do remember this from.a while ago though. Back then i didnt think anything of it because it was activision. Bungie was the farthest thing from my mind.

Rumored Activision Wii U games in development:

Untitled Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter (MMOFPS)

wiiudaily.com/activision-wii-u-games/

Edited by 3Dude, 19 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

That code is part of Activision's default pre-order/buy-now web code.

Wouldn't it include 3DS then? Activision have released games for the 3DS, so it would stand to reason that it would be in their standard platform coding.

They got the ones who worked on halo 4. thats right.

Nope. When specifically asked about wii u in an interview activision pr guy said they could not comment on that, but that they loved nintendo and already had 'lots of support on wii u'

I do remember this from.a while ago though. Back then i didnt think anything of it because it was activision. Bungie was the farthest thing from my mind.

Rumored Activision Wii U games in development:

Untitled Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter (MMOFPS)

wiiudaily.com/activision-wii-u-games/

That makes sense. Here's to hoping.

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

If Destiny came out for wii u, I feel like it would fail. Then again, it may not.

If Destiny came out for Wii U, it would only help the game, the publisher, and the developer to succeed.

I can see at least 75% of Wii U owners pouncing on this game in no time flat.

Would be huge.

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

gah, I am probably going to be SOOOO alone in this here...

Okay marathon lore time.

anyone notice how no screens or concept art of destiny have shown the moon? The only moon like object is the 'traveller'.

Well, the multi generational starship uesc marathon IS one of mars's moons, Deimos (although it REEEALLLY looks more like phobos) hollowed out and turned into a star craft.

Could the traveler be a similar type craft, except utilizing earths moon?

Edited by 3Dude, 19 February 2013 - 02:10 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

gah, I am probably going to be SOOOO alone in this here...

Okay marathon lore time.

anyone notice how no screens or concept art of destiny have shown the moon? The only moon like object is the 'traveller'.

Well, the multi generational starship uesc marathon IS one of mars's moons, Deimos (although it REEEALLLY looks more like phobos) hollowed out and turned into a star craft.

Could the traveler be a similar type craft, except utilizing earths moon?

Nah. you are reading too much into it..

It's... A GIANT YOSHI EGG!

My body's ready!

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

ha yeah.... I didnt think i was going to be able to talk marathon here....

So... How many times does the number 7 pop up in what weve seen of destiny so far?

Im pretty sure bungie said it takes place 700 years from now (which TOTALLY puts it around marathon time...)

It doesnt appear to be the moon, as the moon itself has been listed as a playable area. However, it does appear the moon may be, or may have been undergoing the same process that turned deinos into the uesc marathon.

Edited by 3Dude, 19 February 2013 - 02:48 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

ha yeah.... I didnt think i was going to be able to talk marathon here....

So... How many times does the number 7 pop up in what weve seen of destiny so far?

Im pretty sure bungie said it takes place 700 years from now (which TOTALLY puts it around marathon time...)

It doesnt appear to be the moon, as the moon itself has been listed as a playable area. However, it does appear the moon may be, or may have been undergoing the same process that turned deinos into the uesc marathon.

I actually discovered marathon for myself 5 years ago on a PowerBook g4 laptop. Maybe 6 years ago. And played three games. Just to relive some nostalgia that I actually never lived in the first place. They were brilliant. Of course. The graphics and gameplay were not up to the standards of circa 2007, but it was obvious that marathon was ahead of everything else in its storytelling, universe, cryptic console messages, etc. and the enemies were interesting too, but not extremely varied. the ships being living AIs was interesting too. And I suppose that's where halos cortana came from. But I'm thinking the traveler may be a sentient ship...

After the logo was first revealed a while back, i was excited as it seemed obvious that this was a game in the Marathon universe. Bungie going back to their roots.

The marathon games were awesome for their day. And really would lend well to a true modern update.

It would seem bungie is taking the marathon life and core ideas and marrying that with all they've learned through the years along with the latest social in ovations and tying it together on an impressive package. This is legacy for them.

Halo was neat. But this is going to be epic. This is their heart and soul.

This is huge.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 20 February 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

I actually discovered marathon for myself 5 years ago on a PowerBook g4 laptop. Maybe 6 years ago. And played three games. Just to relive some nostalgia that I actually never lived in the first place. They were brilliant. Of course. The graphics and gameplay were not up to the standards of circa 2007, but it was obvious that marathon was ahead of everything else in its storytelling, universe, cryptic console messages, etc. and the enemies were interesting too, but not extremely varied. the ships being living AIs was interesting too. And I suppose that's where halos cortana came from. But I'm thinking the traveler may be a sentient ship...
After the logo was first revealed a while back, i was excited as it seemed obvious that this was a game in the Marathon universe. Bungie going back to their roots.
The marathon games were awesome for their day. And really would lend well to a true modern update.
It would seem bungie is taking the marathon life and core ideas and marrying that with all they've learned through the years along with the latest social in ovations and tying it together on an impressive package. This is legacy for them.
Halo was neat. But this is going to be epic. This is their heart and soul.
This is huge.

XD yay!

Yeah, im pretty sure with its 3 main ship ai's going rampant that one could definately argue a case for the marathon being a sentient vessel.

Halo used a LOT of symbology and themes from marathon too... But they were seperate universes that just liked to nod at each other. (I think Jason and alex decided to keep them seperate because of how very different the focus's of the games were despite both being 'first person shooters'.)

If this DOES take place in the marathon timeline, its 500 years after the marathon started its journey and around 60 years before the events of the first marathon.

With such a vast distance between the events, they could easily coincide without ever effecting one another.

And if it is in the same universe as marathon, that means its the same universe as pathways into darkness.... Which could actually explain what happened to earth now that i think about it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Vita release too, eh? Excellent.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#35 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm not one for FPSs, but if this does indeed come to WiiU, it'd mean a lot. Hope it does.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

XD yay!

Yeah, im pretty sure with its 3 main ship ai's going rampant that one could definately argue a case for the marathon being a sentient vessel.

Halo used a LOT of symbology and themes from marathon too... But they were seperate universes that just liked to nod at each other. (I think Jason and alex decided to keep them seperate because of how very different the focus's of the games were despite both being 'first person shooters'.)

If this DOES take place in the marathon timeline, its 500 years after the marathon started its journey and around 60 years before the events of the first marathon.

With such a vast distance between the events, they could easily coincide without ever effecting one another.

And if it is in the same universe as marathon, that means its the same universe as pathways into darkness.... Which could actually explain what happened to earth now that i think about it.

Bungie love to incorporate Marathon lore into their games, so even if it is not set in the same universe, it will feature many of the same storytelling elements. I do hope that this is set in the Marathon universe, and I absolutely hope that it comes to the WiiU if that is the case.

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Bungie love to incorporate Marathon lore into their games, so even if it is not set in the same universe, it will feature many of the same storytelling elements. I do hope that this is set in the Marathon universe, and I absolutely hope that it comes to the WiiU if that is the case.

Yeah. If it IS the case, all we have to do is take a look at mars in destiny. If it only has phobos, that means deimos is long gone as the marathon on its way to the events of the trilogy....

And that the 'god' the jjarl warned of in pathways into darkness finally escaped....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!