Photo

Enough About Graphics - What Other Innovations?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

There are enough topics about graphics and comparing specs along with game screens and trailers between the next gen consoles but what about innovation.

Graphics seems to be the biggest discussion among people ( I can understand to a point ) but gameplay innovation should be compared more.

So what innovations does the PS4 offer (or will it offer) compared to the Wii U? I see the PS4 will offer off screen (TV) play with the vita but the ability to do this is not a standard. The PS4 is not going to ship with a vita. I realize not every Wii U game offers off screen TV play but many do and you don't have to buy any extra equipment to do so.

I'll also mention cloud streaming since this seems to be something the PS4 wants to do out of the box. Cloud streaming has been around for quite some time and heck, the OUYA will also be offering streaming via onlive. I don't see this as innovation though since it's nothing really new expect to a Sony Console.

So, what innovation for the PS4 am I missing? (and don't mention graphics) . What makes people orgasm over it beside the specs/graphics? I don't see anything other than that happening.

Edited by Sorceror12, 21 February 2013 - 04:06 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

It has that community feature that enables live streaming of the game you're playing and friends and possibly strangers can comment in real time; which I find pretty dang cool.

Although, with the maturity levels of certain gamers I can see that going to hell in minutes. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

The share button is a massive leap in the social aspect of gaming, Wii U started it with the miiverse but the new PSN seems to go past that. However, they are selling it as instant, not sure if they can deliver on that. With system updates the Wii U is probably capable of this as well. Pretty sweet you can actually jump in and take over your friends game. (they better improve their online security over couple years ago..)

I also wonder how well the cloud gaming service will be in an actual home setting.

Then there's the controller still, how will games use that touchpad thingy and built in move functions..

#4 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

To be honest, innovations lays in the game developers's hands imo. (Example of a very innovative game: Super Mario galaxy)

I wouldn't want the PS4 more if they would include some new innovative controller or feature. I choose a console for it's games, and if the games are almost the same (PS360) then I go after graphics, controllers, and stuff like that.

Edited by Hinkik, 21 February 2013 - 06:50 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

It has that community feature that enables live streaming of the game you're playing and friends and possibly strangers can comment in real time; which I find pretty dang cool.

Although, with the maturity levels of certain gamers I can see that going to hell in minutes.

Gotta admit though, the PS4's social services do kind of hold a Shotgun to MiiVerse's head and pull the trigger, Nintendo needs to update MiiVerse quick and allow for similar video uploads, I've been asking that from the start of MiiVerse.

#6 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

social networking has little value to me, its nice, but its not a selling point. Still, and again, many people don't have internet and or fast internet to take advantage of some of these features like cloud gaming and instant video uploading.
what's funny, is alot of people over the past years have gained internet access, but in the form of mobile phone internet or mobile broadband, and those have data limits.

cloud gaming with a 5-10gb data limit on 4g???? no thanks

at the risk of sounding like a nintendo fanboy, im not, own a ps3 and vita, but Nintendo has held true to the fact they are concerned with their gaming expereince, this ps4 system and i bet the nextbox, are going to revolve around alot of things that don't exactly bring something new to gaming. nothing ground breaking about uploading gameplay video...just means i can throw away my HDPVR, (which i wont).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!