Photo

Why are people doubting Wii U now because of PS4?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I see everyone now doubting Wii U's survival and placing their bets on PS4. They seem to be on a similar level so I don't think shared multiplats is out of the question. Nintendo has always had rough ground on third party support, and maybe always will. However, this does not mean that the Wii U will die. Nintendo first party will always have people buying it. I see no reason for the Wii U's early demise, so I honestly want your reasoning on why.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

They're just being silly.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Same ol doom and gloom. I wasnt too impressed with the Sony conference.

Edited by Jeremygts, 21 February 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#4 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

i never said the wii u was going to die. i just stated that if there will be a lot o third party games that i like not comming out for wiiu then ill get a ps4 for the third parties that arent ported over.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

This is why:

Posted Image

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'm not doubting just slightly concerned, the developers love PS4 and if Sony prices it fairy it could be a problem.

#7 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

May as well change this to the PS4 forums since the Wii U is clearly dead now.

I'm totally unserious.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#8 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Wii U will never die...

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

The only people doubting the Wii U are graphic hounds that thinks graphics make a good game and think that Nintendo is garbage because the graphiucs arent as good even though we are the ones with the killer IPs. Some idiots never learn.

Same ol doom and gloom. I wasnt too impressed with the Sony conference.

Me neither. The press conference failed to prove why I should dump my money into Sony.

Wii U will never die...

Well put Koopaman.

I'm not doubting just slightly concerned, the developers love PS4 and if Sony prices it fairy it could be a problem.

Im not concerned at all. We have the power of the killer IPs.

Signature_DK.png

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Wii U will never die...

So in 50 years they're still going to be making Wii U games?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is why:

Posted Image

There are tons of morons though. I blame Game Informer and Micheal Pachter for brainwashing gamers.

Signature_DK.png

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

I don't know, unless the PS4 makes Nintendo make crappy games, im there is no reason to be worried.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

So in 50 years they're still going to be making Wii U games?

I think Koopaman meant it wont have the Dreamcasts fate and that it will live a long healthy life.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

The only people doubting the Wii U are graphic hounds that thinks graphics make a good game and think that Nintendo is garbage because the graphiucs arent as good even though we are the ones with the killer IPs. Some idiots never learn.

Me neither. The press conference failed to prove why I should dump my money into Sony.

Well put Koopaman.

Yeah I dont think ill be spedning any of my cash for a ps4 either. I can only think of one game Id really want to play and that would be Gran Turismo 6 (if they make it) I cant seem to justify spending my money on a console for one game. My brother on the other hand was excited for ps4, i dont think he liked the controller too much, i know i didnt.

I dont think we will see another console suffer the same fate as the Dreamcast. I still have mine though! lol.

Edited by Jeremygts, 21 February 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Yeah I dont think ill be spedning any of my cash for a ps4 either. I can only think of one game Id really want to play and that would be Gran Turismo 6 (if they make it) I cant seem to justify spending my money on a console for one game. My brother on the other hand was excited for ps4, i dont think he liked the controller too much, i know i didnt

Im on the same boat with you. Unless PS4 has first party games as killer as Nintendo's (which Im pretrty sure they wont) I could care less too.

i never said the wii u was going to die. i just stated that if there will be a lot o third party games that i like not comming out for wiiu then ill get a ps4 for the third parties that arent ported over.

IPs > third party games.

Signature_DK.png

#16 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Im on the same boat with you. Unless PS4 has first party games as killer as Nintendo's (which Im pretrty sure they wont) I could care less too.

IPs > third party games.

they are both good. i not buying this system just for ips. i would like third parties as well.

#17 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

As seen in previous SONY conferences, how much truth is there in what that are saying and showing us. They'd like it if the ps4 could do all that, but it can't just yet.
Also, whats up with the controller. They add the move thing to it and this touch pad. Why is it there,.. They've shown no game that made any use of it or even mentioned it. (or I may have missed something might rewatch :P ) This feels like a boomerang in disguise...

here have a to why the controller is better.

#18 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

im going to buy the PS4 this year and the new xbox next year why should I choose???
Posted Image

#19 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

IPs > third party games.

So are the current X360 & PS3 owners going to buy a WiiU to play Mario & Zelda etc or will they decide to not invest in a WiiU & carry on playing the third party IP exclusives that won't get released on the WiiU.

I have had all the Nintendo consoles, however Nintendo cannot rely on updating Mario, Zelda, Metroid & Pikmin for every console, the WiiU is going to be getting the Nintendo IPs in glorious high definition, when the WiiU was announced Nintendo wear hyping up the HD Mario & Zelda etc so Nintendo are themselves interested in better graphics in exactly the same was as Sony/PS4 & Microsoft/X720 are but Nintendo cannot keep doing this time after time, it is simply not enough, people are seeing this & people are not going to spend hundreds of pounds/dollars/euros/yen to buy a console for just a handful of first party games, a games console needs content & as much content as it can get, it needs to be a broad & divers range of content & games, the WiiU needs to it has to attract PS3/4 & X360/720 gamers, everyone keeps saying that the Wii was the biggest selling console of the last generation, yes it was but its life in real terms (the games released & people who were playing them in numbers) lasted half as long as has done for the PS3 & X360.

the X360 was released a full year before the Wii & PS3 which were released at near enough the same time, the X360 is still getting very good games released for it, in fact its best games are being released this year, the same for the PS3, but where is the Wii & the games for it, nowhere the Wii died a few years ago, it's gaming lifespan simply was not as long as the PS3 & X360, the same will happen to the WiiU unless Nintendo really sort themselves out, they desperately need lots of third party games weather you like it or not, otherwise the WiiU will end up like the SEGA Dreamcast !

#20 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Really the big reason why I buy Sony consoles at all, are for the exclusive RPG's. Like Ni No Kuni. Most games that come out for PlayStation platforms I have little interest in. So I am keeping my money until I see a Killer IP that makes me need that system. As for multi-plats...well, thats what my High End rig is for. Which I spare no expense on for parts (Cause that's how I roll).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!