Photo

Why are people doubting Wii U now because of PS4?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

read this morning that "PSN purchases will not carry over to PS4" all i could think is..... and so it begins.

#42 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

software is king. plain and simple. ninty started with this disadvantige garenteed. this is how they fiight back. i think the situation will improve but mostly trade ground with 720. giong for 360s lead, releasing the consul that was developed to the last second with incomplete software, and unable to develop well till near release. vs bbuy parts and hands off for sony.

#43 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

I see everyone now doubting Wii U's survival and placing their bets on PS4. They seem to be on a similar level so I don't think shared multiplats is out of the question. Nintendo has always had rough ground on third party support, and maybe always will. However, this does not mean that the Wii U will die. Nintendo first party will always have people buying it. I see no reason for the Wii U's early demise, so I honestly want your reasoning on why.

They are not on similar level. We've already seen in-game graphics pre-release that are a lot better on the PS4 than they are on Wii U 3 months after. And just compare the specs.

That being said, I think first party games will look just fine on the Wii U. And that's what I'll buy it for honestly, first party games. Not third party games which will undoubtely be better on other consoles.
No sig.

#44 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

I own all the consoles and the PS3 gets the least play, I last played it 2 months ago as I have never completed Metal gear Solid 4. With it been a must to play, I re-dug it out of it's box and set it up. before playing that game, it had been sat in it's box since 6 weeks after launch. Yes, it's a 60gb in brand new condition with roughly 25 hours use to it from it's launch. the PlayStation just doesn't interest me. I was the same with the PS2 but was in love with the PlayStation 1 (thanks Nintendo ;-) )

What I'm saying is, even since the PS3 is the more powerful console, on paper, I don't feel the need to play it. I'd rather play the 360 or Wii U, the Wii has had more use than my PS3. I won't be dropping money to Sony this time until I see a real good reason to own one, and since they are getting rid of the second hand game market, they can swivvel for my money as if that's true, they'll never get me as a customer.

#45 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

I see everyone now doubting Wii U's survival and placing their bets on PS4. They seem to be on a similar level so I don't think shared multiplats is out of the question. Nintendo has always had rough ground on third party support, and maybe always will. However, this does not mean that the Wii U will die. Nintendo first party will always have people buying it. I see no reason for the Wii U's early demise, so I honestly want your reasoning on why.

Nintendo has not had good third party support in a long time. In fact they have by far the worst third party support of any home console. Where is Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, MOHW, Bioshock Infinite, DmC , Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 6, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, Dead Island Riptide, Metal Gear Revengeance and the list goes on and on. The vast majority of third party games have made it to the ps3, 360 and pc. Very few are making it to the wiiU and I can't imagine that is going to change all that much.

, and since they are getting rid of the second hand game market, they can swivvel for my money as if that's true, they'll never get me as a customer.

I can't believe the uninformed drivel I just read.

i dont know how i feel about pc gaming. i like to sit on my couch in front of a tv and play games.

Because you can't do that with a pc (rolls eyes).

Edited by PedanticGamer, 22 February 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#46 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

I think the problem is that most people these days consider power and amazing graphics to be the biggest factor in what makes "the best" console. Unfortunately thats just the world we live in now, its no longer about how much fun you can have playing games its more about how sophisticated the tech is and how amazing the visuals are. Personally I didnt find any of Sony's conference very exciting. There werent any good games that i found exciting at all (besides Watch_Dogs which i think looks pretty good) and the features of the controller dont seem any different to what they offered on PS3.

Obviously people are worried about third party support as well. But hopefully we can still get the big third party games on wii u in the future. Already got Watch_Dogs.

Edited by Hunter, 22 February 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#47 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

I can't believe the uninformed drivel I just read.

Ooh, 12 year old got a dictionary? I did say "IF THAT'S TRUE". I take it its not then? Surely there must have been a politer way to put me straight, sheesh!

Edited by Reaver, 22 February 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#48 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

This topic is kind of funny to me.... Because I was thinking the exact opposite.

In my humble opinion: Sony's very weak Press Conference reveal (which contained yet another version of the same old Dual Shock Controller with....gasp! A touch pad!!! Wow.... Way to go Sony. You're definitely not biting off of Nintendo's ideas at all) didn't prove much of anything except it has silenced rumors about when the system will launch.

Every one knew that they were gonna release the PS4 soon (this year or next) but no one knew exactly which year.

To me that's all that they actually revealed.

HD games and Social Media Integration are almost mandatory now so that didn't surprise me at all.

Once again, just my opinion. Not trying to step on anyone's toes. Especially the OP. :)

#49 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Because you can't do that with a pc (rolls eyes).

i like console gaming. is that so bad?

#50 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

if nintendo beefed up the specs and put a higher price tag to garuntee a 5-6 yr lifespan it would not hav bothered me. even if it was $600 its still a fair price for a console that will last 6 years the wii has stayed around for about that time i know but last 2 years hasnt really had any games ( that interest me)

#51 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

i like console gaming. is that so bad?

Nope, but your reasoning given is faulty.

Ooh, 12 year old got a dictionary? I did say "IF THAT'S TRUE". I take it its not then? Surely there must have been a politer way to put me straight, sheesh!

Insults aren't allowed fyi, funny how someone points out you posted drivel and you call them a twelve year old presumably to prove your maturity.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 22 February 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#52 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Respect for not replying to start off a slanging match, your reply made laugh :) Your one line reply to my misinformed information did annoy me though, you could have just stated the facts for me. Just had a look and it was only announced Wednesday that the PS4 would play used games. All up until that time, I have read story after story from them stating they are going against the second hand game market by locking games to a console and only a couple of days ago, they've gone back on their story. I must have missed that bit but it is new information.

Respect Dude.

Edited by Reaver, 22 February 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#53 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

So in 50 years they're still going to be making Wii U games?

Pssh yeah :laugh:

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#54 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

The Wii U will succeed, no doubt about that. Every gen since the Gamecube because has said Nintendo is destined to fail, and they've always been wrong. With the PS4 coming soon, this will probably be the "slap to the face" Nintendo needs in order to reinvent themselves; they need to reevaluate their plan.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#55 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

They are not on similar level. We've already seen in-game graphics pre-release that are a lot better on the PS4 than they are on Wii U 3 months after. And just compare the specs.

That being said, I think first party games will look just fine on the Wii U. And that's what I'll buy it for honestly, first party games. Not third party games which will undoubtely be better on other consoles.

1st of all when the ps3 was released they had footage of killzone. not- it was all fake. was not inplay like sony said just cg. sorry. also 3 months do not make a console any better. easily takes a year to even start to approach.

#56 wiiztec

wiiztec

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

There's nothing to worry about the PS4 will be 899 us dollars

#57 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

The Wii U will succeed, no doubt about that. Every gen since the Gamecube because has said Nintendo is destined to fail, and they've always been wrong. With the PS4 coming soon, this will probably be the "slap to the face" Nintendo needs in order to reinvent themselves; they need to reevaluate their plan.

What plan? I thought the plan was to get as much third party support as possible. As we are currently seeing, the 3rd party developers have made their bed with Sony and MS (well, for now anyway). The best thing Nintendo can do now is just have 1st party support in place as the other two consoles arrive and build up that install base by themselves along with any remaining support outside nintendo.

Some of that support is already, or will already be in place by this fall. By E3 we will have even more to see as to what the future lies for Wii U for 2013 and beyond. If that install base grows large enough, and the 3rd parties still insist on supporting mostly PS4/nextbox, than I guess it will be Wii all over again unless things change.

Nintendo won't be doomed, but 3rd parties need to stop making excuses and get to business.

#58 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

What plan? I thought the plan was to get as much third party support as possible. As we are currently seeing, the 3rd party developers have made their bed with Sony and MS (well, for now anyway). The best thing Nintendo can do now is just have 1st party support in place as the other two consoles arrive and build up that install base by themselves along with any remaining support outside nintendo.

Some of that support is already, or will already be in place by this fall. By E3 we will have even more to see as to what the future lies for Wii U for 2013 and beyond. If that install base grows large enough, and the 3rd parties still insist on supporting mostly PS4/nextbox, than I guess it will be Wii all over again unless things change.

Nintendo won't be doomed, but 3rd parties need to stop making excuses and get to business.

That isn't on Nintendo necessarily. Nintendo know full well they can support themselves with key alignments and great first party titles. I think they'd still prefer, just as many of us would prefer, for them to stick to their principles and not wade into the war of services happening on the other side, because at the end of it all, Nintendo is going to be all about games.

See there, I've exhausted my one fanboy post for the quarter now. This is all speculation.

Edited by routerbad, 28 February 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#59 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

For me personally watching the PS4 event, helped me decide to get the Wii U I currently have all 3 home consoles and after watching PS4 event I decided my PS3 still has plenty of life in it as PS4 did not offer anything new or must have features to me. And the lack of support for PS3 and PSN games and all the PS1 and PS2 games I have re-bought on the PSN, was a bit of a turn off. I know I will likely eventually upgrade the PS# or 360 to the next gen offering but for now PS4 has no real pull for me. The Wii U on the other hand has new gameplay and as silly as the Miiverse seems I am looking forward to jumping and joining the community. Still looking forward to the Xbox event to see what they are going to offer but am more excited about the arival of the Wii U Zombiu Bundle I just ordered online, and I think it will keep me content for a good while, really looking forward to the Lego City game, I hope they advertise it well as I have become more and more excited for the more I hear about it, if they play it right I think it could be a big win for the Wii U!

#60 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

i never said the wii u was going to die. i just stated that if there will be a lot o third party games that i like not comming out for wiiu then ill get a ps4 for the third parties that arent ported over.

i never said the wii u was going to die. i just stated that if there will be a lot o third party games that i like not comming out for wiiu then ill get a ps4 for the third parties that arent ported over.

or just get a cheap pc lol

if nintendo beefed up the specs and put a higher price tag to garuntee a 5-6 yr lifespan it would not hav bothered me. even if it was $600 its still a fair price for a console that will last 6 years the wii has stayed around for about that time i know but last 2 years hasnt really had any games ( that interest me)

the specs are fine for a next gen console. all it needs to do is run games at native 1080p and run a few other services.

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!