Photo

Why are people doubting Wii U now because of PS4?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#81 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

how do you get a rate below 1? yet again a rate below 2. id say 3.6-3.7 sounds good. but realistic low end rates would be 2-3.

Yeah I have no idea where I heard that number from, please disregard, I hope I made it clear it was hearsay, lol.

#82 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Well we could get a general sense of what our attach rate is here on the forum by stating how many games we each purchased at the time of the console purchase.

I personally picked up 2 titles when I purchased the system at launch:

Super Mario Bros U

Zombie U

Since then I have purchased:

Batman: Arkham Asylum - A.E.

Mighty Switch Force - H.E.

Trine 2: Director's Cut

Puddle

Just as a side note - here are some games that I plan on purchasing soon(ish)

(this list is just off the top of my head and I most likely won't purchase all of them immediately at launch)

Amazing Spider Man

Lego City Undercover

Need For Speed

Little Inferno

Mutant Mudds

Zen Pinball

Bit Trip Runner 2

Epic Mickey 2

Darksiders 2

Walkind Dead: Survival Instinct

Rayman Legends

#83 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Well we could get a general sense of what our attach rate is here on the forum by stating how many games we each purchased at the time of the console purchase.

I personally picked up 2 titles when I purchased the system at launch:

Super Mario Bros U

Zombie U

Since then I have purchased:

Batman: Arkham Asylum - A.E.

Mighty Switch Force - H.E.

Trine 2: Director's Cut

Puddle

Just as a side note - here are some games that I plan on purchasing soon(ish)

(this list is just off the top of my head and I most likely won't purchase all of them immediately at launch)

Amazing Spider Man

Lego City Undercover

Need For Speed

Little Inferno

Mutant Mudds

Zen Pinball

Bit Trip Runner 2

Epic Mickey 2

Darksiders 2

Walkind Dead: Survival Instinct

Rayman Legends

I picked up two as well, and I've picked up three since, including Runner 2.

#84 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

I've purchased 3 new (and two second hand)

#85 elibats

elibats

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

So in 50 years they're still going to be making Wii U games?

Yes.

B) 

#86 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

how do you get a rate below 1? yet again a rate below 2. id say 3.6-3.7 sounds good. but realistic low end rates would be 2-3.

Its an average, so If someone buys a Wii U with no game, then that could make the attach rate 1.3, or .9, so on.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#87 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Everyone is all about graphics these days, I was huge on them too but buying the Wii U reminded me that simple games were the most fun. However the Wii U has some awesome graphical capabilities

#88 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

MorbidGod, on 07 Mar 2013 - 09:09, said:Its an average, so If someone buys a Wii U with no game, then that could make the attach rate 1.3, or .9, so on

but y would the majority by 0 games

#89 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

MorbidGod, on 07 Mar 2013 - 09:09, said:Its an average, so If someone buys a Wii U with no game, then that could make the attach rate 1.3, or .9, so on

but y would the majority by 0 games

The average is over three, meaning on average someone who buys the Wii U is buying three games along with it.  That means there are people buying zero games, and also those buying all of them.

#90 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Everyone is all about graphics these days, I was huge on them too but buying the Wii U reminded me that simple games were the most fun. However the Wii U has some awesome graphical capabilities

im the same way, Wii u can be a beast! But graphics are not what makes a good game!

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#91 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

The average is over three, meaning on average someone who buys the Wii U is buying three games along with it. That means there are people buying zero games, and also those buying all of them.

Exactly
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#92 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

The ps4? what's that?mario_sleeping_2___super_mario_64_by_mer

Signature_Fox.png

#93 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

I bought mine with the included Nintendoland and Zombiu and I also picked up retail copy of Arkham City and downloaded New Super Mario Brothers U and F-Zero on day one. And plan to download Amazin Spider-Man (or retail if it is not downloadable) soon. And will e downloading Lego City on release day and picking up retail of The Walking Dead this month. And possibly Need For Speed, but may wait for price drop on it.

#94 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

im sticking with the wii u, i only like nintendo only, and i cant afford other gaming console so the wii u is my last gaming console ever to buy

• Kao likes this

#95 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

im sticking with the wii u, i only like nintendo only, and i cant afford other gaming console so the wii u is my last gaming console ever to buy

So you're gonna steal your next Nintendo console? :P

#96 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

The way I see it is if you want graphics and are a competitive gamer than go PS4 or 720, I myself am still somewhat a competitive gamer however I'm trying to change that and enjoy gaming again, so I bought the Wii U, haven't had a profane tirade ever since! :)

The community is more laid back, the games are interesting and I'm more relaxed when playing

Edited by ArmedPrimate, 11 March 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#97 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Ooh, 12 year old got a dictionary? I did say "IF THAT'S TRUE". I take it its not then? Surely there must have been a politer way to put me straight, sheesh!

Hey! Not every 12 year old is like him. (However most are) I like nintendo the most with all their games! Plus, I can't play stuff like cod, so 3rd party support is not that important for me. (Doesn't count for RPG)

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#98 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hey! Not every 12 year old is like him. (However most are) I like nintendo the most with all their games! Plus, I can't play stuff like cod, so 3rd party support is not that important for me. (Doesn't count for RPG)

:laugh: I'm not a fan of COD either. probably because I've been a PC gamer for nearly 20 years so I'm bored of FPS games. I enjoy some which incorporate new/fresh ideas but the usual stuff, I just can't keep the interest.

#99 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

:laugh: I'm not a fan of COD either. probably because I've been a PC gamer for nearly 20 years so I'm bored of FPS games. I enjoy some which incorporate new/fresh ideas but the usual stuff, I just can't keep the interest.

I really can't stand COD, but I like to have the occasional shooter to play, though I can't play shooters for long before I'm bored to tears.  BF3 did hold my interest for longer because I was able to drive vehicles, which presented different challenges, and when you are playing it's not about K/D but about completing objectives.  I still got COD so I could try it out on the Wii U.  The game looks stunning, but I've already run into freezing issues when the save data is located on an external HD.

#100 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

the ps4 will very expensive to keep going on since its not backwards compatible and console alone will be around €500 and games will be around €70- €80 to buy brand new

since wii u is cheaper  more likely have progress and going out much longer especially in Europe buy the ps4 the arrive in Europe it will be 2014 summer time, and most of europe is under recession so our wages are very low seriously we cant afford prices like this for videogames

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!