Photo

Why are people doubting Wii U now because of PS4?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

the ps4 will very expensive to keep going on since its not backwards compatible and console alone will be around €500 and games will be around €70- €80 to buy brand new

since wii u is cheaper  more likely have progress and going out much longer especially in Europe buy the ps4 the arrive in Europe it will be 2014 summer time, and most of europe is under recession so our wages are very low seriously we cant afford prices like this for videogames

I disagree. Yes the PS4 will be more expensive but not significantly so. The games will cost the same as Wii U games. It will have much better features functionality, better online and more robust social aspects. Not to mention its likely to be region free and the content will be tied to the PSN account and not the console. Not to mention Playstation Plus. The Wii U hasn't sold as well as it should have and a lot of those people will probably end up buying a PS4 or the Xbox successor.

#102 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

I disagree. Yes the PS4 will be more expensive but not significantly so. The games will cost the same as Wii U games. It will have much better features functionality, better online and more robust social aspects. Not to mention its likely to be region free and the content will be tied to the PSN account and not the console. Not to mention Playstation Plus. The Wii U hasn't sold as well as it should have and a lot of those people will probably end up buying a PS4 or the Xbox successor.

I agree, the PS4 won't be much more. 349.99 to 399.99 is my best guess. Sony doesn't want a 499+ system again, they have made that clear and going with AMD who has cheaper CPU's usually is a good sign of that.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#103 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

The competition is healthy. It means Nintendo will have to work wonders to stay afloat.

#104 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

regardless what competition doses nintendo always seems to come out on top and survive

with remake of wind waker going millions games sold because like the original did and with super smash bros wii u and 3ds theres going more sold plus u need wii u and 3ds version of super smash bros to to finish 100 %

, dont forget the pokemon x and y plus pokemon stadium 3 wii u version which u need all 3 games to complete games to finish 100 % to collect all 700 Pokemon,

beside that by the ps4 arrive in europe will be summer time in 2014 and by that time happens billions have sold of wii u  console across the globe by that it will take the competition long time to catch up

#105 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

regardless what competition doses nintendo always seems to come out on top and survive

with remake of wind waker going millions games sold because like the original did and with super smash bros wii u and 3ds theres going more sold plus u need wii u and 3ds version of super smash bros to to finish 100 %

, dont forget the pokemon x and y plus pokemon stadium 3 wii u version which u need all 3 games to complete games to finish 100 % to collect all 700 Pokemon,

beside that by the ps4 arrive in europe will be summer time in 2014 and by that time happens billions have sold of wii u console across the globe by that it will take the competition long time to catch up

You're just making a lot of assumptions there and we don't know if any of those will be true. I'm not so sure that Windwaker will sell all that well or that you will need both versions of Smash Bros. too complete it. I also doubt that anything but a handful of customers will buy all the versions of Pokemon. The main rival for the PS4 will be the Xbox successor and it remains to be seen how that competition plays out.

#106 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

I don't hate the Wii U, it is my second favorite system, but I still have concerns about it. The games aren't personally the best given that there has been almost no new releases since launch and we can wait and see but that doesn't guarantee anything. I was skeptical of the Wii for around 6 years until the third party game The Last Story came out as an exclusive. I don't think the majority of people are going to be happy with the Wii U unless it ends up like the PS2, which I didn't personally like, but hey it had Final Fantasy X.

Edited by PotatoHog, 29 April 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#107 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Maybe a dumb question, but how much advantage will the PS4(and probably next box) tech have compared to the one from the Wii U?:

http://www.theregist...05/01/amd_huma/

Will the difference make the gap between the Wii U and other next gens bigger?

Edited by namkotje, 01 May 2013 - 06:21 PM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#108 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

OMG bad graphics=bad game. No blood and guns=kiddy. Colorful=Nintendo and kiddy. PS4 will be 30x better than the Wii U.

^those who claim that are numerous. Those who claim that are stupid. There are tons of stupid people. Therefore, there are tons who claim the Wii U will fail. Is it true? No. Of course not.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!