• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Would you like it, or be kinda 'meh' about it?

I'd love to play more 3rd party games on my Nintendo console instead of buying the next playstation.

#2 xeoRogue

xeoRogue

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

well i deff did not buy a 300$+ game system to look at, bring on the games!!

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Not a beast...

but ....

the cpu alone is such a beast, nintendo could maintain wii U for more than 7 years. Instead of ps4 cpu that is almost equal with the current wii U cpu...

IBM POWER7 4 cores and 8 threads with 4mb of cache instead of 750 tricore
4gb of ram instead of 2
32mb of EDRAM - bingo
1.2 - 1.5 tflop gpu - ???
ethernet port
esata port to add our external hdd
and the gamebad as an extra gudget, not bundled with the console. It could have the same price as today wii U, but without the gamepad.

Edited by Orion, 28 February 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

I'd love to play more 3rd party games on my Nintendo console instead of buying the next xbox..

It wouldn't bother me at all.
I don't think I'd pay for just power though.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

With Nintendo It's definitively not about power, it's about the game's feeling and experience. (Well, imo.)

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#6 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

With Nintendo It's definitively not about power, it's about the game's feeling and experience. (Well, imo.)

wii U is powerful enough right now, much better than ps360... I could be better... if the game was not mandatory, but thats ok.

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Not a beast...

but ....

the cpu alone is such a beast, nintendo could maintain wii U for more than 7 years. Instead of ps4 cpu that is almost equal with the current wii U cpu...

IBM POWER7 4 cores and 8 threads with 4mb of cache instead of 750 tricore
4gb of ram instead of 2
32mb of EDRAM - bingo
1.2 - 1.5 tflop gpu - ???
ethernet port
esata port to add our external hdd
and the gamebad as an extra gudget, not bundled with the console. It could have the same price as today wii U, but without the gamepad.

Funny that everything IBM have released about the Wii U CPU points to it being based on a Power 7 core.  Watson said it, IBM press releases said it, IBM documentation said it.  I wonder why IBM is so adamant that it is a Power architecture based CPU, while developers are adamant that it is a 750 series derivative.  I guess it's easier to believe that a core that did not support SMP and was never manufactured below 90nm, than a core that supports SMP, SMT, has strong SIMD and FPU, but came in a minimum of 4 cores and was manufactured at 45nm.

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

599$ US dollars

Signature_Fox.png

#9 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Funny that everything IBM have released about the Wii U CPU points to it being based on a Power 7 core.  Watson said it, IBM press releases said it, IBM documentation said it.  I wonder why IBM is so adamant that it is a Power architecture based CPU, while developers are adamant that it is a 750 series derivative.  I guess it's easier to believe that a core that did not support SMP and was never manufactured below 90nm, than a core that supports SMP, SMT, has strong SIMD and FPU, but came in a minimum of 4 cores and was manufactured at 45nm.

power not power 7

ppc750  = power pc 750

But I agree, everybody said power7 before release, even IBM.. lol

Edited by Plutonas, 01 March 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#10 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Personally I would love to see more third party support, and if more power would bring them in great, but I think Nintendo will make great 1st party games, regardless and unfortunately with each system having their own exclusives their will always be need (desire) for other machines and I think Nintendo will always have a place in most homes even if they go Xbox or Playstation, and a big part of what makes this feasible is the lower overall cost when compared to the big dog machines. Sure Nintendo's price point seems hight right now sitting on the shelf next to last generation consoles bundled up with multiple game titles to keep them moving. But come November/December when it is sitting next to PS4 and Xbox 720 with prices between $450-$600 it is going to be moving a lot more systems. Plus the head stat means hopefully by this holiday it will have a great selection of games to go with it while the others will just be starting out with their launch titles. Nintendo is going to just fine with the Wii U sue sales are slow but not really compared to earlier launches of previous consoles.

#11 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

I think that "power will guarantee third games" is a all wrong thought since the beginning, in past gens weaker consoles got more third party support than nintendo games, and today , the wii u is much closer with the other new gen consoles than wii was with the hd twins.. do you think a 5 times specs difference it's the same as the wii compared with 360/ps3? it's not even close.

#12 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Nintendo HAVE released a beast machine, just nothing shows exactly what it can do yet. Imagine their next console was purely based on specs and had a generic controller due to costs, people would say where's the gameplay?

This is Nintendo's first HD console and the leap from Wii to Wii U is larger than Xbox to 360.

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

power not power 7

ppc750  = power pc 750

But I agree, everybody said power7 before release, even IBM.. lol

PPC is not Power Core Architecture, They are two separate families.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

It would be nice, but I love Ninty regardless, I suppose Ninty fans are just getting used to needing a second console for 3rd party games. As long as I can afford to do this it doesn't bother me too much. Games are games and I love all of them sooooo........

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

I'd love to play more 3rd party games on my Nintendo console instead of buying the next playstation.

Well play the Wii U then. Who cares if the PS4 has better graphics as long as Wii U has your favorite Ips?

Nintendo HAVE released a beast machine, just nothing shows exactly what it can do yet. Imagine their next console was purely based on specs and had a generic controller due to costs, people would say where's the gameplay?

This is Nintendo's first HD console and the leap from Wii to Wii U is larger than Xbox to 360.

Exactly. And the PS4's graphics ain't going to be that huge of a leap either.

Signature_DK.png

#16 cadrethree

cadrethree

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Nintendo needs a full stop next generation and work on improving the concepts they have introduced the last 2 generations.  A higher caliber Wii remote and upgraded Wii U pad with top shelf technology is a must.  No more throwing last generation concepts into the trash bin without perfecting last generation stuff.  As far as technology inside the console they need to mimic PS4 and 720 perfectly with more power for the generation after Wii U.  Focus on buying a game tools company to bring out the technology day one to studios.   

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

People will say the Wii U2 is weak, it blows, even if Nintendo advertised and shown that the hardware is capable. Wait, isn't that what is happening now?

Sorry, had a ranting moment. If they made a super powerful console, it would probably be a mistake. You can't sell a console for more then 400 dollars and expect it to do well.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!